Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:03 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Problem regarding to Secret Labs
Moderators: Ares Support Team at PPM, Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [19 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
linq2js
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:47 am    Post subject:  Problem regarding to Secret Labs Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello anyone, can any one give me idea regarding to this problem:
I created SuperWeapon which deploys Secret Labs at any where, then I use Engineer to capture that building, but nothing happened, therefore I configure SuperWeapon as:
UIName=Deploy Secret Lab
Name=Deploy Secret Lab
IsPowered=no
Money.Amount=-5000
RechargeTime=4
Type=UnitDelivery
Action=Custom
SidebarPCX=xcfslab.pcx
ShowTimer=no
DisableableFromShell=no
Range=1.5
LineMultiplier=0
Cursor=WarpIn
NoCursor=NoWarpIn
EVA.Ready=EVA_ReinforcementsReady
SW.RequiresTarget=land
SW.Sound=ChronosphereMoveQuiet
SW.FireIntoShroud=no
SW.AITargeting=None
Deliver.Types=SLAB
Deliver.Owner=neutral
SW.CreateRadarEvent=no
FlashSidebarTabFrames=0
IsPowered=true
I make sure that Owner is neutral, so Engineer can capture that building
Any one can tell what it wrong ? or it is a bug
Many thank

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is your problem that the Lab doesn't work, despite spawned as Neutral House, then captured by an engi, but doesn't give you anything?
In that case, the problem lies with the Lab, rather than the SW that spawns it. The SW looks fine.

It's also possible that other SLab settings are set incorrectly, including ones that you can set on units and buidlings (and aircraft too).

But are you sure SLAB is defined in rules.ini? IIRC, it's supposed to be CASLAB.

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
linq2js
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TAK02 wrote:
Is your problem that the Lab doesn't work, despite spawned as Neutral House, then captured by an engi, but doesn't give you anything?
In that case, the problem lies with the Lab, rather than the SW that spawns it. The SW looks fine.

It's also possible that other SLab settings are set incorrectly, including ones that you can set on units and buidlings (and aircraft too).

But are you sure SLAB is defined in rules.ini? IIRC, it's supposed to be CASLAB.

Thank for your reply,
You right, Everything seem good,
The LAB deployed at where I want (that means the building is defined correctly), ENG can capture the lab, but no new techno acquired

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

linq2js wrote:
TAK02 wrote:

Thank for your reply,
The LAB deployed at where I want (that means the building is defined correctly), ENG can capture the lab, but no new techno acquired
Then post the code for the SLAB. That's where you'll find the error. Can't exactly help tho if there's no code to look at.
And, call this hunch, but are SecretInfantry, SecretUnits, SecretBuildings defined correctly?

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
linq2js
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TAK02 wrote:
linq2js wrote:
TAK02 wrote:

Thank for your reply,
Then post the code for the SLAB. That's where you'll find the error. Can't exactly help tho if there's no code to look at.
And, call this hunch, but are SecretInfantry, SecretUnits, SecretBuildings defined correctly?

It here, actually I just copy from CASLAB and add more boons
Code:

[SLAB]
Image=CASLAB
UIName=Name:CASLAB
Name=Tech Secret Lab
TechLevel=11
Strength=1100
Cost=500
Insignificant=yes
Nominal=yes
Sight=6
Points=25
Armor=concrete_b
Explosion=TWLT070,S_BANG48,S_BRNL58,S_CLSN58,S_TUMU60
DebrisAnims=DBRIS4LG,DBRIS4SM,DBRIS5LG,DBRIS5SM,DBRIS6SM,DBRIS7LG,DBRIS7SM
MaxDebris=8
MinDebris=4
Capturable=yes
CaptureEvaEvent= EVA_TechBuildingCaptured
NeedsEngineer=yes
LeaveRubble=no
RadarVisible=yes
BaseNormal=no
VoiceSelect=SecretLabSelect
ImmuneToEMP=no
Message.Capture=TXT_TechSecretLab_Captured
Message.Lost=TXT_TechSecretLab_Lost
Chronoshift.Allow=no
SecretLab=yes
;SecretLab.PossibleBoons=ABRM,CHRTNK,BFRT,TTNK,APOC,EMPR,MIND,SCAV,DEVO,MEGA,PROME,VIPER,QUICK,LIONH,CHRP,AHVYBOT2,GRUMBLE,MAMM,SYCKLE,IDRAG,TRACTOR,WORMQ,SEIZER,SALA,PHNT,SEITAAD,ARCH,RAMW
SecretLab.PossibleBoons=TANY
SecretLab.GenerateOnCapture=yes

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SecretLab.PossibleBoons=TANY & SecretLab.GenerateOnCapture=yes MIGHT be conflicting one another, as it's just one boon.
Speaking of the boon: rechk what TANY has regarding SecretLab.
There's a flag that prevents a Techno from becoming a boon and/or restricts it for other countries/houses. TANY might have it set.

linq2js
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TAK02 wrote:
SecretLab.PossibleBoons=TANY & SecretLab.GenerateOnCapture=yes MIGHT be conflicting one another, as it's just one boon.
Speaking of the boon: rechk what TANY has regarding SecretLab.
There's a flag that prevents a Techno from becoming a boon and/or restricts it for other countries/houses. TANY might have it set.

At first time I used first boons line code. but still nonthing happen. then I try use the second line with 1 boon but it does not work as well

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

linq2js wrote:
At first time I used first boons line code. but still nonthing happen. then I try use the second line with 1 boon but it does not work as well
TAK02 wrote:
rechk what TANY has regarding SecretLab.

linq2js
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TAK02 wrote:
linq2js wrote:
TAK02 wrote:
rechk what TANY has regarding SecretLab.

Just tested with E1 and GGI, still get nothing

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Does the debug.log say anything about Secret Labs?

linq2js
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AlexB wrote:
Does the debug.log say anything about Secret Labs?

[Secret Lab] CASLAB has no boons applicable to country [Europeans]!

But I dont understand rules to apply CASLAB, could you explain ?
I remember player can train any poon without their required technos, is this right ?

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is SecretLab.ForbiddenHouses=Europeans or SecretLab.RequiredHouses={all but Europeans} set on the units listed? Because that's what would do that.

linq2js
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

4StarGeneral wrote:
Is SecretLab.ForbiddenHouses=Europeans or SecretLab.RequiredHouses={all but Europeans} set on the units listed? Because that's what would do that.

I only set one boon SecretLab.PossibleBoons=MORALES and MORALES belongs to Latin Confederation no SecretLab.ForbiddenHouses or SecretLab.RequiredHouses presents

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Could you post the [MORALES] section? So many settings are checked, I can't explain the order and all that here.

linq2js
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It here

[MORALES]
UIName=Name:Morales
Name=Morales
Hero=yes
Category=Soldier
Prerequisite=NAHAND,NATECHC
Cloneable=no
Primary=SuperSniper
ElitePrimary=SuperSniperE
Secondary=Flare
EliteSecondary=Flare
OpenTransportWeapon=0
NavalTargeting=0
LeadershipRating=99
Assaulter=no
CrushSound=InfantrySquish
Crushable=no
TiberiumProof=yes
Strength=240
Ammo=1
PipWrap=1
EmptyReload=165
Reload=165
PipScale=Ammo
Armor=moral
TechLevel=10
Pip=red
Sensors=yes
SensorsSight=9
Sight=9
Speed=7
Owner=USSR,Latin,Chinese
AllowedToStartInMultiplayer=no
Cost=1500
Soylent=750
Bounty.Value=750
Bounty=yes
Bounty.Display=yes
ImmuneToPsionics=yes
Points=100
IsSelectableCombatant=yes
VoiceSelect=MoralesSelect
VoiceMove=MoralesMove
VoiceAttack=MoralesAttackCommand
VoiceFeedback=MoralesFear
VoiceSecondaryWeaponAttack=MoralesAirstrikeCommand
DieSound=MoralesDie
Promote.VeteranSound=UpgradeVeteranHero
Promote.EliteSound=UpgradeEliteMorales
Locomotor={4A582744-9839-11d1-B709-00A024DDAFD1}
PhysicalSize=1
MovementZone=Infantry
ThreatPosed=25
SpecialThreatValue=1
ImmuneToVeins=yes
ImmuneToPsionicWeapons=no
VeteranAbilities=STRONGER
EliteAbilities=SELF_HEAL,FIREPOWER,FASTER
Size=1
IFVMode=31
UseOwnName=false
AirstrikeTeam=2
EliteAirstrikeTeam=4
AirstrikeTeamType=BPLN
EliteAirstrikeTeamType=BPLNE
AirstrikeRechargeTime=50
EliteAirstrikeRechargeTime=25
Experience.FromAirstrike=100%
BuildLimit=1
PixelSelectionBracketDelta=-3
BuildTimeMultiplier=1.5
SelfHealing=yes
Insignia.Rookie=HEROSTCR
Insignia.Veteran=HEROSTBR
Insignia.Elite=HEROSTAR
CanBeReversed=no
ImmuneToEMP=no
Chronoshift.Crushable=no

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks, I'll try to trace why the Secret Lab decides the way it does. Will take some free and quiet minutes, though.

linq2js
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AlexB wrote:
Thanks, I'll try to trace why the Secret Lab decides the way it does. Will take some free and quiet minutes, though.

thank so much

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm still looking into it. I'm not sure why you can't build the unit afterwards. Is there more in the debug.log, maybe something like MORALES couldn't be parsed? The prerequisites are a mess.

Technical stuff: There's a function that essentially does what the huge graph in the Ares documentation says. It returns whether an object can be built, whether it's forbidden to be built, whether current conditions prevent it to be built (like negative prereqs), or whether it can't be built but that is overridden by a feature (like Secret Labs or Reverse Engineering)... but it does this in an unordered fashion.

Secret Labs try to grant boons that are not allowed atm (that is prereqs not satisfied yet, or forbidden). Yet, even if the Secret Lab grants a boon, it could still be forbidden, because the Secret Lab check is further down the list than the theater check, for example.

Untangling this would be a breaking change. And it would be ugly. And somebody would have to update that huge graph, and I know who that would be...

linq2js
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I tested with TANY and it does not work as well

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [19 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon