Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:29 am
All times are UTC + 0
TI crashes a lot in skirmish i mean a lot
Moderators: Aro, Crimsonum, ErastusMercy, Lin Kuei Ominae, ^Rampastein
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
sargef101
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 12:00 am    Post subject:  TI crashes a lot in skirmish i mean a lot
Subject description: TI crashes or a kabooooom or a freezes and then have to hit esp or just about anyother button to get
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

time and time again day after day freeze hit buttons sometimes doesn't make any difference just hit something then wait for the kabooooom close program and start all over again unless I remember to save every 5 or 10 min then after a couple of hours of finally winning the stats said didn't love playing  just would like to do one with out the hassles one more thing before someone ask have you tried the compatibles yep maybe you might have one that isn't listed I could try.

except.txt
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  except.txt
 Filesize:  20.74 KB
 Downloaded:  5 Time(s)

Last edited by sargef101 on Tue May 08, 2018 11:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

attach your except.txt and logfile.txt
in this topic
so we have a chance to check what went wrong

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I ran AICHECK on it just for kicks...  could use some cleanup Smile

TI-check.log
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  TI-check.log
 Filesize:  25.39 KB
 Downloaded:  6 Time(s)

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

G-E wrote:
I ran AICHECK on it just for kicks...  could use some cleanup Smile

Oh, thanks, this should prove useful. Though I doubt it'll help with the case here.

Last edited by Crimsonum on Wed May 09, 2018 7:27 am; edited 1 time in total

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Would be nice if AICHECK would switch to a TS mode. 90% of the reports are false.
From what i can see are the rest unlikely to cause any exception, though a fix would be indeed nice.

Unfortunately is sargef101's except with EIP 00000000 telling me nothing. It doesn't look like any usual ini coding error.
More like the garbled mess produced by a corrupt mix file or something like that.
sargef101, do you edited/modded any of the TI files? Or is this the original public version?

Public SHPs

Tools

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
Would be nice if AICHECK would switch to a TS mode. 90% of the reports are false.
From what i can see are the rest unlikely to cause any exception, though a fix would be indeed nice.

Actually, as far as I can tell most seem correct, but there are a few things that need to be considered:
- unbuildable, wall-type overlays don't require a parent building
- certain building anims do not need to be declared in [Animations]

Actual false reports:
- OKBuildingSmokeSystem, DebrisSmokeSystem, DamagedBuildingSmokeSystem and DamagedUnitSmokeSystem are all obsolete in TS and I believe in RA2 too, so they should be ignored.
- Warheads list is clearly not adjusted for TS, it doesn't know there is only 5 verses types.

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well I have no intention of rewriting it to have TS-mode just like I never made the RA2-strict mode for it, given 99% of modders who would benefit use YR+Ares anyway. I didn't proceed mainly because the code to support it would have become unwieldy for basically no gain, besides learning I and maybe 2 other modders might have invalid tags added here or there from a copy&paste.

Still you have to agree it does well on TS code even without it, and is probably a valid tool in your arsenal...

As for false errors, it's just telling you what it finds, it's up to you to decide if it's ok or a problem, I have several deliberate errors in my AI that I don't "fix" too.

sargef101
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 12:29 am    Post subject: TI crashes a lot in skirmish i mean a lot Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I use what ever TI has at site when I play and it says up date I up date other than that and yelling at the screen everything else is just normal. the more I do the more I learn other than thanks
                    The Sarge
PS Just got this report error just now 2230 hrs

except.txt
 Description:

Download
 Filesize:  20.75 KB
 Downloaded:  6 Time(s)

except.txt
 Description:

Download
 Downloaded:  5 Time(s)

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Try changing the Renderer in the client's Options menu. If you're using TS-DDRAW, change it to DDrawCompat. Or if you're using DDrawCompat, try TS-DDRAW.

It crashed in some blit function.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hmm, 0046C79C that is pretty close to 0046C7E2 which is the famous fog of war bug.

Public SHPs

Tools

sargef101
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 12:07 am    Post subject: TI crashes a lot in skirmish i mean a lot Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thanks guys or gals for all the input still trying different stuff but I got a new one MICROSFT VISUAL C ++ RUNTIME LIBRARY ERROR  R6025   plus the regular stuff I would run out of space for attachment but here is the latest or so I thought it seems to have disappeared  from the folder but I also when trying to change some of the stuff in the settings it tells me it has a problem with the ddraw.dll and goes back to the original setting so as goes life I guess it beats a stick in the eye got more input I am really getting tired of all this but I will more than likely just keep starting over (unless i remember to save)
                          The Sarge

ps: just found out where the error logs went i guess it is called the errorlogs folder well here it is.

pss: just got tired of going back and fourth so here is just a few

EXCEPT_26_11_2017_15_57.TXT
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  EXCEPT_26_11_2017_15_57.TXT
 Downloaded:  2 Time(s)

EXCEPT_26_11_2017_15_55.TXT
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  EXCEPT_26_11_2017_15_55.TXT

EXCEPT_7_12_2017_0_53.TXT
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  EXCEPT_7_12_2017_0_53.TXT

EXCEPT_3_12_2017_19_29.TXT
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  EXCEPT_3_12_2017_19_29.TXT
 Downloaded:  1 Time(s)

ClientCrashLog_30_11_2017_14_58.txt
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  ClientCrashLog_30_11_2017_14_58.txt
 Filesize:  5.21 KB

ClientCrashLog_26_11_2017_19_14.txt
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  ClientCrashLog_26_11_2017_19_14.txt
 Filesize:  1.32 KB
 Downloaded:  1 Time(s)

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum