Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:07 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Red Alert Online has been announced by Tencent Games
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [34 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:35 am    Post subject:  Red Alert Online has been announced by Tencent Games
Subject description: Yuri decides that taking over China before America might be more benefitial to increase his army.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

At the Tencent Up 2018 event, Tencent Games has officially announced their newest game that results from a deal with EA done some years ago: Red Alert Online. Based on the Red Alert 2: Yuri's Revenge universe, it will be a real time tactics game for Android and iOS. Yuri and Tania will be in the game, as well as most units from the Allied faction. Here is the trailer:

Unfortunately, every information we have in this game is probably in mandarin chinese. The closest information about it that we have in english is this:

If you want more information and you don't know chinese, I recommend you to Google Translate this instead and be patient with the translation as somethings like Red Police OL (Red Alert Online) and SLG might sound weird in first place.

The game interface probably relies on three main functions. The first one is battle selection, the second is base building, the third and fourth pictures are not clearly defined and fifth is the battle itself, as respectively shown in the images below:

Base buildings and army building will possibly rely on micro-transactions. But at the moment, this information is not clear for the public.

And another not less important information is that the game will be originally available for the chinese population. It is not clear if it will be ever be available in other countries. The lacks of non-mandarin information might give a little tip that non-chinese people should not expect this game in their region... but this is mere speculation so far.

Anyway, this is a mobile game, it won't be moddable at all. The reason I am posting this news here, in PPM, is that the graphics and perhaps some of the game mechanics may inspire potential Yuri's Revenge modders or those making mods/games inspired by that universe. Thumbs up for Tencent for the graphics, they look decent, no puns intended. And that's all for now.

Key Words: #News #RedAlertOnline #MobileGames #Android #IOS #Tencent #EA 

Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

neat...

the amount of microtransactions this game is going to demand to progress and win is already scaring me though. But it is fascinating to see that the franchise isn't completely forgotten about and that they'd try to return to something like Yuri's Revenge.

now hopefully they don't ruin things by trying to add awkward and/or unfitting story type stuff. lolololol

also...wonder if they'll have a Hell March Online song for it... x]

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's Tencent, much worse than EA. I have no expectation on this.

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No matter how failure, they always fail even if it didn't come to RTS games.

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Zlixine_Blabla

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Vanilla yuri's revenge looks better than this chinese shit.

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Actually, Dune2 is better than this pile of shit. (I cursed, kill me).

Both gameplay and graphics.

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

while graphic and animation look amazing but the fact it's mobile and gameplay not even consider to be rts in traditional sense make me sad than excite to see it exist,they surely have potential but waste it for short term profit.

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You know, I just realized they had the chance to make the tanks the correct size to be to scale with the buildings and infantry and wasted the opportunity...

Creator
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Eh, this crap is definitely not yuri revenge

Shur
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Expected full-fledged RTS but turned out to be shit...
At the moment there is a mobile strategy Redsun rts similar to Red alert 2.

NimoStar
Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You are not looking at the really important thing:

We have remade graphics! RA2 graphics!

And they are actually GOOD!

A good hacker could try to pry this from the code.

And then use it on the REAL ra2.

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

NimoStar, please remind us to kill you should EA recruit you. We need brilliant minds like yours out of EA's hands, or else gaming and modding are screwed #Tongue

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@TAK02: If something or someone is a bad asset for a certain task, it doesn't mean it will be a bad asset for everything. This culture of discarding bad assets is a certificate of bad asset management skills. Recycle it instead, find a good use for it Wink.

NimoStar
Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You can't tell me those graphics are bad compared to RA2 ones. In fact, many Tib Sun modders didn't want to use RA2 (ans still don't) because of the RA2 overbright style. These ones have an overall more subdued style and are significantly higher resolution and less pixelated. They would be good for a graphical total conversion and refurbish of the original game.

Buildings are also more realistically scaled in regards to infantry.

You are not seeing the actual picture.
You look at this and think: "A bad game, boo"

I look at this and I think: "Extract those hi-res, modern, anti-aliased, professional, isometric RA2 themed assets"

Then tell me who is the real modder ; )

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My two cents: Despite the fact that I've played RA2 for YEARS, and got into modding relatively recently (about 4-5 years ago), now that I know of the previous titles in the C&C franchise, I, too, dislike RA2 for it's graphics and overall lighter/comedic tone.
TS, IMO, is MUCH better. But it has one flaw: It's an older engine. An older engine that doesn't have something like Ares, unlike RA2. That, and I'm simply not used to the 'primitive' interface TS, RA1 and TD have (This I can deal with tho, given enough time).

In a nut-shell: someone please mix TS' dark atmosphere with the new Ares-enhanced engine.

@Banshee: What I meant was to keep a smart-guy like Nimo away from EA. If we don't, EA will evolve into a global super power with orbiting laser cannons and non-carbon based elements #Tongue

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TAK02 wrote:
An older engine that doesn't have something like Ares, unlike RA2.

There's the CnCNet TS-patch project, which, while not exactly Ares, is still quite impressive.

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

^Rampastein wrote:
TAK02 wrote:
An older engine that doesn't have something like Ares, unlike RA2.
There's the CnCNet TS-patch project, which, while not exactly Ares, is still quite impressive.
Does it seperate tech and defensive BuildingTypes and SuperWeapons, Infantry- and Vehicle-&AircraftTypes into seperate tabs? #Tongue

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't actually miss the RA2 sidebar much. At high resolutions you can see most of the icons at once anyway, and the scroll wheel helps reach the rest quickly.

Back in the days of 800x600 the advanced sidebar did really help, though. And of course, like anything different, the less modern interface does probably take some getting used to if you're more used to the way modern RTS games do it.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

NimoStar wrote:
I look at this and I think: "Extract those hi-res, modern, anti-aliased, professional, isometric RA2 themed assets"

Then tell me who is the real modder ; )

The one who creates new stuff, instead of ripping and implementing an asset seen already a 1000 times in other mods.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think this looks fun. I would play the shit out of it. Seeing anything like classic RA2 really gives me nostalgia trips for C&C.

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, I agree with Aro.
For first time, after Generals Zero Hour (and kinda C&C3 which was decent for me), after 10 years this is first time that I like something. For me, this looks awesome so far. I like idea of Yuri takeover Soviet and combined their units with its own as shown before. How will this turn out to end we will see. I dislike only that it is for phones. Screw it, there should be ar least PC version. Maybe this could work on some simulator. At least looks much better than C&C4 haha

PPM Halloween Season 2021

kenosis
Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No, my friends. THIS IS TENCENT. Not Westwood.

The typical advertisement crap in China is like this. They give you something like that in promotions, but the actual game play is just another CoC with ra2 theme skins. Or something worse.

I think it would require your real money to speed up your construction of barracks, which would took some 6 hours.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AHAHAHA! This is new General/Hero/Questgive whatever.

There are others

Really? Anime girls with tits? Very Happy
Modern Allied Generals. Master Yuri will blast them into pieces!

PPM Halloween Season 2021

machine-reaper

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

okay so breasts are some sort of new super weapons or something?"

Lets hope we get a flat one, maybe she will have super weapons somewhere else.

NimoStar
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
The one who creates new stuff, instead of ripping and implementing an asset seen already a 1000 times in other mods.

Ripping an asset not ripped before and releasing it into the public IS creating new stuff.

Point in case, the "List of Civ conversions" is a pinned topic in this very forum...

I think the allied buildings for this game have already been ripped (at least as static images, dont know about buildups),

but in the video we can see two Yuri structures too (as well as civilian ones):

The bio power plant and the psychic dominator tower.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0y_tk1UFrDw

It would be nice if someone could rip this (the bio power plant shows a buildup/decomission anim too)

PS: WTF with the bunny medic...

MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

NimoStar wrote:
PS: WTF with the bunny medic...

I actually love that type military pin-up art... I know its a little perverted... But it does fit in really well with the RA games.

Does anyone know if there is more? or were I can find it?
Never mind... I didn't think to just look on the games site... LOL I am a n00b  Razz

NimoStar
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
I actually love that type military pin-up art... I know its a little perverted... But it does fit in really well with the RA games.

Red Alert usually didn't have unrealistic outfit and pin-up art, not even for Tanya... until RA3, that is, but that is another story.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

[sarcasm]Yea, true.... and the Chronosphere has sent you a huge friendly hug[/sarcasm]

twistedconversion
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MasterHaosis wrote:

AHAHAHA! This is new General/Hero/Questgive whatever.

There are others

Really? Anime girls with tits? Very Happy
Modern Allied Generals. Master Yuri will blast them into pieces!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBTegPNMexg
I am disappointed in you, Tencent Games. These girls are unnecessary.

NimoStar
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

At least it is only for Allied generals that they use thots and not the Glorious Motherland :V

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Considering how vulgar RA series have become, Red Alert 4 is probably going to be a collaboration between EA and Victoria's secret angels!

NimoStar
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Man. Victoria's secrets is less vulgar and more sophisticated than the promotional photos for RA3.

Ra4 probably will have porn as cinematics :V

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [34 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!