Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:06 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Transport cargo works with InitialPayload dmmies
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 5:27 am    Post subject:  Transport cargo works with InitialPayload dmmies Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You might think that if you gonna use fake passengers then the unit can not be a transport because when unloading it dumps out the fake passengers along with the real ones. However, this can be avoided by using the Gunner logic.

Gunner=yes unit handles the first passenger specially, that is, you need to unload twice to empty its cargo (if >1): for the first time it unloads all passengers except the first one, then the second time it unloads first one.

If we use the first passenger as fake passenger, and make it not movable on land, then it will never be dumped out. The best solution here is adding MovementRestrictedTo=Water to the fake passenger since water Locomotor and MovementZone make it not able to fire on land.

Code:
[Transport]
Gunner=yes
WeaponCount=1 ;must set to some number otherwise cause random IE
PipScale=Passengers
Passengers=7 ;6 for cargo, 1 for dummy
SizeLimit=6
InitialPayload.Types=Dummy
OpenTopped=yes

[Dummy]
MovementRestrictedTo=Water

My example:

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What if you want more than one 'fake' passenger? I take it Gunner will become useless then.

For example: I want to re-make the MO Irkalla (all weapon-systems) and have it double as a transport. I don't think I have rulesmo extracted, but I'm sure Irkalla has more than one 'fake' passenger.

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TAK02 wrote:
What if you want more than one 'fake' passenger? I take it Gunner will become useless then.

For example: I want to re-make the MO Irkalla (all weapon-systems) and have it double as a transport. I don't think I have rulesmo extracted, but I'm sure Irkalla has more than one 'fake' passenger.
Use gattling then #Tongue

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

IIRC, Gattling is limited to 3 AA and 3 AG weapons. But I want more #Tongue

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TAK02 wrote:
IIRC, Gattling is limited to 3 AA and 3 AG weapons. But I want more #Tongue
Nope

kenosis
Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As if you really want another copy of IFV. Get the real point plz.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

kenosis wrote:
As if you really want another copy of IFV. Get the real point plz.
Not an IFV, no WeaponX nor switching turrets
The only thing Gunner=yes does is keeping the first passenger, it doesn't force the unit to use the IFV weapon system. In my example the flakcraft uses standard Primary/Secondary same as Sea Scorpion.

KALAPS S8
Grenadier

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is not work for not opentopped transport .

kenosis
Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Im talking to TAK02.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

KALAPS S8 wrote:

FireInTransport=no on real passengers

cxtian39 wrote:
How about expanding FireInTransport.Allowed/Disallowed to include or exclude a list of transports #Tongue
Twisted Evil

KALAPS S8
Grenadier

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cxtian39 wrote:
KALAPS S8 wrote:

FireInTransport=no on real passengers

cxtian39 wrote:
How about expanding FireInTransport.Allowed/Disallowed to include or exclude a list of transports #Tongue
Twisted Evil

So far, this is not present.

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No problem there is no battle fortress in my game

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon