Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:03 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Using DropDown option in TS Client for Map ini
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Tuc0
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 7:37 am    Post subject:  Using DropDown option in TS Client for Map ini
Subject description: Help appreciated
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I am trying to add few more options into TS Client Skirmish/Multiplayer. I have managed to implement most of them, but I am not sure if it is possible to do this:
Can I make DropDown options to be applied to Map INI instead if Spawn INI?
I would like to add options to choose at what speed (time) shroud grows. Something like this:

I wish I had some basic knowledge and understand GameOption settings code in Github, what settings should be applied in GameOptions.ini

So is there any way to use DropDown options to change ShroudRate= for map?
I don't mind if it would be done with separate Game Option ini files for each ShroudRate option.

Starkku
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Following should work if the TS Client is up to date, this feature was added fairly recently so I am uncertain of if that is actually the case.

Code:
[cmbShroudGrowth] ; Or whatever it is called in your GameOptions.ini
DataWriteMode=MAPCODE
Items=INI\Game Options\ShroudRate8.ini,INI\Game Options\ShroudRate12.ini,INI\Game Options\ShroudRate16.ini,INI\Game Options\ShroudRate20.ini,INI\Game Options\ShroudRate30.ini
ItemLabels=8,12,16,20,30

Basically in this case Items is list of the map code INI files, ItemLabels is list of strings that are displayed in the dropdown menu.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Twitter Channel URL
Tuc0
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Starkku wrote:
Following should work if the TS Client is up to date, this feature was added fairly recently so I am uncertain of if that is actually the case.

Hm, looks like it isn't implemented in latest TS Client release yet.
I am using Version 5.43 (February 3, 2018), but client doesn't recognize ItemLabels= and displays INI paths instead.

Tuc0
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OK, got it working nicely now. I am temporarily using DTA Client, until new TS will be compiled. I hope there aren't any side-effects, I have added/replaced client exe's and bin. dll's.

Anyway, thanks again for sharing and explainig INI setup.

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tuc0 wrote:
OK, got it working nicely now. I am temporarily using DTA Client, until new TS will be compiled. I hope there aren't any side-effects, I have added/replaced client exe's and bin. dll's.

DTA has options that TS doesn't have, particularly some RA/TD sound toggles in the Audio tab.

Also, you probably can't configure your keyboard hotkeys from the client anymore, unless you also copied Resources\KeyboardCommands.ini from DTA.

Tuc0
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

^Rampastein wrote:

DTA has options that TS doesn't have, particularly some RA/TD sound toggles in the Audio tab.
Also, you probably can't configure your keyboard hotkeys from the client anymore, unless you also copied Resources\KeyboardCommands.ini from DTA.

Thanks for mentioning, I still have backup of files in case of anything or for importing settings. I was more afraid if skirmish/lan game ini preparation was someway different and critically incompatible, but it works nicely.

Offtopic: I have merged Shroud checkbox with dropdown menu to look more practical and less confusing  Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon