Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:10 am
All times are UTC + 0
TS to RA2 and back
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [17 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
TAK02
General

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:19 am    Post subject:  TS to RA2 and back
Subject description: SHP-resize ratios and/or programs
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm not familiar with how many mods have 'merged' TS and RA2, like Rewire, Mashup, and Reloaded.

What I did notice is that all TS buildings have been resized properly to fit RA2's bigger cells.

Which begs the quesion: what programs and ratios do I use if want the TS buildings and SHP units (is TS' VXL-resize known too?) resized to fit RA2?
(AFAIK, those mods won't mind if someone used their SHPs and VXLs, but I have found some TS SHPs I'd love to include in C&C S as well)

Side-note: I'm sure ModEnc has some information, but I'm unable to access it due to SEC_ERROR_EXPIRED_CERTIFICATE. Why do sites need a certificate for a browser to load the page and doesn't let you move on anyway?

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The site is down for 2 days. Why not use TW/KW buildings instead #Tongue

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cxtian39 wrote:

TW? KW? I never heard of EA making proper games Smile
That, and I don't even have the games. And even if I did, I wouldn't know what to do with the model.

And why buy EA games when none of the money is going to the original creators? I vote for pirating all games and franchises that EA bought Very Happy

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cxtian39 wrote:

It's up, use a browser that lets you ignore security issues. It's modenc, we all know it's not harmful, the certificate just doesn't get updated often, so don't log in while it's down is all.

Sites need an SSL certificate for securing your login information and personal information and such.

To answer your question, Rewire remade everything, Reloaded resized it and touched it up (alot of work), and Mashup just resized it and it looks ugly tbh. Rewire's released content is free to be used (with credit of course), but Reloaded and Mashup are not AFAIK.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the scale factor is 1.25

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

4StarGeneral wrote:
Rewire remade everything, Reloaded resized it and touched it up (alot of work), and Mashup just resized it and it looks ugly tbh. Rewire's released content is free to be used (with credit of course), but Reloaded and Mashup are not AFAIK.
So I could save myself the time needed for the resize for something else. Thank you for that info.
Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
the scale factor is 1.25

I still lack the proper program to do it with #Tongue

I remember trying to resize something with SHP Builder, and got frustrated because it seemed it like it just refused to respond or do anything when I hit OK.

What about Image Shaper? Can it be used for the resize? I still haven't touched it yet...

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

XCC Mixer can resize shp files directly too BTW.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
TAK02
General

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mig Eater wrote:
XCC Mixer can resize shp files directly too BTW.

WOOT! How? Where?

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Right click on a file & select "Resize..." at the bottom of the list.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
TAK02
General

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok, here's what I've been able to get:

XCC CAN resize SHPs, but only when they're outside a MIX.
The XCC-resize is more... clean than SHP Builder's blocky and MS Paint resizes.
However, I can't seem to get the resized TS buildings from RA2-size and back into TS-size right, even tho the SHP's Height and Width seem to end up the same as they originally were.

Now we just need a program that'll resize a bunch of SHPs on its own #Tongue

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

BUMP!

Anyone know the ratio for VXLs and what to use for the resize?
Or is XCC also capable of 1.25 resizing VXLs?

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You need to resize RA2 stuff to 80% to get the TS scale, which can easily be done with OS HVA Builder by just going to Tools > View Transform and then multiplying all numbers with 0.8. Doing this simply moves all individual volume pixels closer together, meaning that this method would only work for sizing things down: increasing the numbers to enlarge a voxel would move the individual volume pixels farther apart and thus cause gaps to appear in between them.

So if you want to enlarge voxels, you'll first have to use VXLSE to double the size and then use size it back down again with OS HVA Builder by going to View Transform and multiplying all values there by 0.625 to get a scale of 1.25.

Also, resizing SHPs with OS SHP Builder works fine... Maybe you were using some broken older version before?
I'd really advice against using XCC Mixer to resize SHPs because it always applies anti-aliasing when you enlarge something (this never looks good) and it doesn't take remapable colors into account.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
TAK02
General

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bittah Commander wrote:
You need to resize RA2 stuff to 80% to get the TS scale, which can easily be done with OS HVA Builder by just going to Tools > View Transform and then multiplying all numbers with 0.8. Doing this simply moves all individual volume pixels closer together, meaning that this method would only work for sizing things down: increasing the numbers to enlarge a voxel would move the individual volume pixels farther apart and thus cause gaps to appear in between them.

So if you want to enlarge voxels, you'll first have to use VXLSE to double the size and then use size it back down again with OS HVA Builder by going to View Transform and multiplying all values there by 0.625 to get a scale of 1.25.
In English, please #Tongue jk
Bittah Commander wrote:
Also, resizing SHPs with OS SHP Builder works fine... Maybe you were using some broken older version before?
It's possible the problem was because of the SHP I used to test the ratio. For reference, I was using the Airstrip from Return of the Dawn. XCC made a ...cleaner job than SHPBuilder's two resizers.
Bittah Commander wrote:
I'd really advice against using XCC Mixer to resize SHPs because it always applies anti-aliasing when you enlarge something (this never looks good) and it doesn't take remapable colors into account.
Again, probably SHP-related. I'm pretty sure it was the roof of the Airstrip that convinced me XCC was better than SHPBuilder when it comes to ~1 pixel details.

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The main issue with XCC Mixer is really just that it anti-aliasing tends to look bad and that because it doesn't take remapable colors into account, those remapable colors are often turned into non-remapable colors (or vice-versa) when anti-aliasing is applied.

XCC Mixer's anti-aliasing also makes SHPs look rather blurry, while OS SHP Builder doesn't apply anti-aliasing at all.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
TAK02
General

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bump.

This is a confirmation of agreement of asset sharing/usage, nothing else.
4StarGeneral wrote:
Reloaded and Mashup are not [public]

iDave on ModDB, creator/maker of Mashup has confirmed Reloaded is not public, while his own mod, Mashup, is public.

Now I'm just waiting for the links to what Rewire-assets have been released to the public by Gangster_ppm.(this same Gangster as the one here?)

Lastly, tho off-topic since we're not talking RA1 here, does anyone have contact with DazJW? I feel like he's been deliberately ignoring me whenever I asked him (which was a few years ago, so don't go saying "your poor attitude". That came later).
I asked around mid-November of 2015, and then again around mid-November 2017.
See a pattern here?
Apparently not giving a response or ignoring the issue/problem/request means you approve of it. It's called "silent acceptance" or something. Which means DazJW has agreed to my request of using all his SHPs and VXLs by not answering at all.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Start doing your own work and stop ripping others. Makes your life much easier than complaining about people ignoring you(which is getting more and more understandable).

And no, if someone doesn't answer you, it is not a free ticket for you to rip their mod.

btw, if you would take 5 seconds of your time to actually look for stuff instead of demanding and spamming people via PM, you might find the Rewire forum here and in there the topic Alpha which has the old Ares version of Rewire.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [17 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon