Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:16 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Ideas & suggestions
Moderators: Ares Support Team at PPM, Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 8 of 16 [800 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, ..., 14, 15, 16 Next
cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TAK02 wrote:
cxtian39 wrote:
Multiple instances of same type of super weapon
Add an option for super weapon that if a player owns N buildings that provide this super weapon then that player gets N super weapons of this type.

I already asked Alex about this.
AlexB wrote:
because the game has one SW per type, and they are always global and unconnected to buildings This would have to be changed completely. I don't think that's gonna happen.

No problem. That's why I have my backup request on turning off NCO eva for a certain building so that I can duplicate the building & SW nicely.

NCoder
Soldier

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I would like to get back on the prototyping mechanic that was discussed a few weeks ago. Perhaps the current extent of this function could be expanded to allow for a hierarchy of prototype code to be imported into a single type, so that tags would be imported into a section A from the section highest in section A's prototype hierarchy in which they are set.

For example, if the position of a section X in a section Y's prototyping hierarchy decreases with increasing numerical index, counting from left to right, of section X's ID in the section IDs separated from section Y's ID by colons and other section IDs, this
Code:

[TypeC]:[TypeB]:[TypeA]
Name=Brute Gunner
Primary=BrutalGattling

[TypeB]
Name=Brute
Primary=BrutalPunch
Strength=200

[TypeA]
Name=Yuri Fanatic
Strength=40
OccupyPip=PersonPurple

would import Brute's Strength into Brute Gunner, as Brute Gunner is higher in the prototype hierarchy than Yuri Fanatic, overriding Strength=40 with the definition of Strength=200 in Brute. However, Yuri Fanatic also defines OccupyPip, which is not re-defined in the Brute's section, which means it would get imported into Brute Gunner from Yuri Fanatic.

Of course, other notations could be devised to allow the setting of such a hierarchy in the INI, but this appears to be the closest to the notation already implemented for the existing feature.

chr0nicz420
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't know if this is possible but can I suggest "some CrateGoodie units can only obtain on certain side/country"?

I mean, for example:

- Tank Destroyer is a CrateGoodie=yes.
- Only Americans, Africans, and YuriCountry can get that Tank Destroyer CrateGoodie. Other countries won't get that Tank Destroyer via crates.

Also another suggestion. Customizing radiation CellSpread for weapons with RadLevel tag. For instance, a weapon with a RadLevel tag and its warhead's CellSpread is .3 but I want its radiation's CellSpread higher like 2.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm not sure what you mean with a radiation CellSpread? You can already make a radiation field as big or small as you want.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Starkku
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mig Eater wrote:
I'm not sure what you mean with a radiation CellSpread? You can already make a radiation field as big or small as you want.

Means that radiation spread would be separate from weapon's damage spread. You could use separate warhead but this approach has its problems as RadLevel does not work from Shrapnel/AirburstWeapon and making the splitted weapon deal the actual damage means any damage modifiers on the unit (AE, crates etc.) are ignored since they are only applied to weapons directly attached to the unit. The IonCannon functionality recently introduced in Ares would be another option to deal damage using another warhead but this method grants no experience.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Twitter Channel URL
cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Damage dealt by RadLevel gains no experience anyway

chr0nicz420
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mig Eater wrote:

Really? I don't think so because size of radiation field is always based on CellSpread. I really prefer that you can adjust the size of radiation field without adjusting the CellSpread.

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I recently came across something: someone used the Abductor logic for a vehicle that "can teleport units away from harm".
But this comes at a cost: the 'evacuator' has to be manually unloaded.

Basically: Something like AutoUnload that forces a transport to deploy.
AutoUnload=Primary/Secondary (for 'evacuators', see above examlpe).

I'm pretty sure this can be expanded upon.

Last edited by TAK02 on Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:06 am; edited 1 time in total

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TAK02 wrote:
I recently came across something: someone used the Abductor logic for a vehicle that "can teleport units away from harm".

I would rather suggest moving DeployToFire tag to weapons

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cxtian39 wrote:
TAK02 wrote:

Would that really do the trick? Isn't unloading passengers and deploying into building/changing into deployed state completely different from one another?
Also, I'm sure moving flags is a bad idea #Tongue

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TAK02 wrote:
cxtian39 wrote:
TAK02 wrote:

Would that really do the trick? Isn't unloading passengers and deploying into building/changing into deployed state completely different from one another?
Also, I'm sure moving flags is a bad idea #Tongue
Why don't you try it yourself and stop making false assumption

RIAKTOR
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AlexB wrote:
Properly adding more than two weapons (and actually picking the best one, not just defining them using WeaponN) is complex. The original Ares 0.3 was supposed to have a lot of changes, like unlimited WeaponN, better options to pick the right weapon instead of Land Targeting and Naval Targeting (that's features like selecting by range, for example). This is nigh-impossible to do in a backwards-compatible way, so it would require a totally new design of the weapon handling code, and this hasn't happened yet.

Though, one could say that Ares is prepared to eventually have this, because the unlimited IFV modes feature actually also implemented unlimited weapons. Now it's just a matter of adding code to find the best of N matches, with several options to fine tune, without having a bad impact on performance. After all, weapon selection happens thousands of times per frame, and expensive computations will hurt performance... but the foundation is in place.

Also, it would most likely be possible to have a weapon be picked if mind-control is full. If done right, such special cases would be doable quite naturally by defining a list of flags on each weapon. Wouldn't allow for all special cases, but at least a few hopefully useful ones. The code for such a list of flags is already in place, too. I wrote the first version of that years ago, finally added it this year and gave it a test run with the new elite abilities.

Tertiary weapon work like primary (land targeting, naval targeting, deploy fire etc.), quaternary weapon work like secondary.

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

RIAKTOR wrote:
AlexB wrote:
Properly adding more than two weapons (and actually picking the best one, not just defining them using WeaponN) is complex. The original Ares 0.3 was supposed to have a lot of changes, like unlimited WeaponN, better options to pick the right weapon instead of Land Targeting and Naval Targeting (that's features like selecting by range, for example). This is nigh-impossible to do in a backwards-compatible way, so it would require a totally new design of the weapon handling code, and this hasn't happened yet.

Though, one could say that Ares is prepared to eventually have this, because the unlimited IFV modes feature actually also implemented unlimited weapons. Now it's just a matter of adding code to find the best of N matches, with several options to fine tune, without having a bad impact on performance. After all, weapon selection happens thousands of times per frame, and expensive computations will hurt performance... but the foundation is in place.

Also, it would most likely be possible to have a weapon be picked if mind-control is full. If done right, such special cases would be doable quite naturally by defining a list of flags on each weapon. Wouldn't allow for all special cases, but at least a few hopefully useful ones. The code for such a list of flags is already in place, too. I wrote the first version of that years ago, finally added it this year and gave it a test run with the new elite abilities.

Tertiary weapon work like primary (land targeting, naval targeting, deploy fire etc.), quaternary weapon work like secondary.

Sorry but I think OpenTopped + InitialPayload + Experience.PromotePassengers= + AlternateFLH# is doing much more than 2 more primary-like weapons ever could.

RIAKTOR
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very original idea - adaptanium armor from Andivionic Scientific Alliance. Adaptanium is a heavy dark blue metal, with the original properties very similar to osmium. It has an abnormally plastic molecular structure, which under various influences changes so as to become maximally unresponsive to them. For example, with sufficiently frequent loads, the adaptanium bar becomes harder, it loses its heat property from high temperatures, and if it is exposed to sound or other fluctuations for a long time, it stops vibrating. From it, you can make ideal insulators - but if the adaptive part created, for example, to reflect gamma rays, instead will be used as protection against acids, it will become resistant to them, but soon again will start to pass radiation. In game code adaptanium armor have flag ResistantTypesNumber= and flags ResistantType.X= (X is a number). In ResistantType.X are warheads. If unit with AdaptaniumArmor=yes has been attacked by weapon with warhead from ResistantType.X, it gain modifier to resistance to warheads from ResistantType.X. But if unit has been attacked weapon with warhead from ResistantType.Y, it loss resistance modifier to warheads from ResistantType.X, but gain resistant modifier to warheads from ResistantType.Y. Sorry for my bad English.

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

4StarGeneral wrote:
RIAKTOR wrote:
AlexB wrote:

Sorry but I think OpenTopped + InitialPayload + Experience.PromotePassengers= + AlternateFLH# is doing much more than 2 more primary-like weapons ever could.

I think he/she was trying to get at an alternative for more weapons that doesn't utilise the InitialPassengers logic, probably because he/she wants a multi-weaponed transport where the "Weapons" don't show on the pipscale, and not just not exit with MovementRestrictedTo=water.

RIAKTOR wrote:
Very original idea - adaptanium armor from Andivionic Scientific Alliance. Adaptanium is a heavy dark blue metal, with the original properties very similar to osmium. It has an abnormally plastic molecular structure, which under various influences changes so as to become maximally unresponsive to them. For example, with sufficiently frequent loads, the adaptanium bar becomes harder, it loses its heat property from high temperatures, and if it is exposed to sound or other fluctuations for a long time, it stops vibrating. From it, you can make ideal insulators - but if the adaptive part created, for example, to reflect gamma rays, instead will be used as protection against acids, it will become resistant to them, but soon again will start to pass radiation. In game code adaptanium armor have flag ResistantTypesNumber= and flags ResistantType.X= (X is a number). In ResistantType.X are warheads. If unit with AdaptaniumArmor=yes has been attacked by weapon with warhead from ResistantType.X, it gain modifier to resistance to warheads from ResistantType.X. But if unit has been attacked weapon with warhead from ResistantType.Y, it loss resistance modifier to warheads from ResistantType.X, but gain resistant modifier to warheads from ResistantType.Y. Sorry for my bad English.

It's not your English you should apologise for, but not getting to the point and using paragraphs where needed #Tongue

In any case: RIAKTOR wants something like adaptive armor.
Armor that changes its properties (including possible immunity) depending on what it was last blasted with, be it permanent or temporary.
And add switching shenanigans between these ArmorType's properties as well.
Code:
TECHNOTYPE
AdaptiveArmor=yes
ResistanceWarheads.1=DesoWarhead, Warhead9001 ;OVER 9000!
ResistanceWarheads.2=Warhead2
Resist.1=ImmuneToRadiation
Resist.2=Warhead2 ;Techno is now immune to all attacks from weapons with Warhead2, but swaps it for ImmuneToRadiation.

Then maybe add something like ResistanceSwitchDelay.1= for the time (in frames) until the effects of Resist.1 wear off, regardless of whether or not the Techno isn't getting hit anymore or it's adapting to something else (unless you want to change that).
Then there should be ResistanceWarheads.0= for what this Techno is immune to by default, and a Adapt.Full= if you want to have a Techno either keep the default immunity after getting hit or adapt fully to the new enviroment.

Am I right so far, RIAKTOR?

Now that I think about, this sounds like a nice feature, but I don't want to know how much pain Alex has to go through for this #Tongue

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

RIAKTOR
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TAK02 wrote:

Am I right so far, RIAKTOR?

Yes. Thank you for development of this idea.

Kerbiter
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

would it be possible to implement ordering multiple units in a single shift + LMB? It seems to be not a hard to do yet nice feature to have, as more modern strategies have such thing.

Using MagicaVoxel to create voxel models :: Phobos YR Engine Extension

[img]https://raster.shields.io/endpoint.svg?url=https%3A%2F%2Fshieldsio-patreon.vercel.app%2Fapi%3Fusername%3Dkerbiter%26type%3Dpledges&style=flat[/img]

Ollerus
Civilian

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So, AlexB was asking what trigger events could be added with the support of Ares. Here're some examples:

- Driver Killed: Fire when killing the dirver of vehicle with such tag.
- Get EMP: Fire when the unit with the tag is EMP'd.
- Weapon Disabled: Similar to get EMP but fire by Weapon Disabler.
- Destroyed By (certain house): The object is destroyed by a specific house, similar to Attacked By (house).
- Techtype Not Exist extension: we can actually make its param useful - it would fire when the amount of the techtype is below the param X instead of doesn't exist at all.

Now we're opening for suggestions for more of them. If you come up with any events that might be useful in the map, please share your ideas.

Here're some of mine:
- Techtype Exist/Not Exist extension: could we made an extended version that specific to certain house? Question
- Superweapon Charge to: similar to the Chronosphere /Iron Curtain ones in AI trigger, fire when certain superweapon charge to a specific percentage. It could  make IronCurtain type superweapon more useful.
- Destroyed #: the sum of Destroyed Buildings # and Destroyed Units #, considering all of the three have an 'Destroyed All' version.
- Iron Curtain'd/Force Shielded/Drained: similar to the above examples except it's firing when the object is under Iron Curtain/Force Shield/Drain.
- Attacks: Fire when the attached object begins to use its weapons.
- Radar Off/On: fire when player's (or specific house's) rader on or off.
- Full health: fire when the objects' health is full. Could be used to check if some broken thing is repaired.

Black Temple Gaurdian
Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Been thinking about the MARV and it made me come up with this:
ProcessRate= frames between processing one content (a bale for ore, or the first unit for passengers), defaults to -1, which disables the logic.
ProcessMult= a multiplier to the amount of money given upon successful processing of content (based on soylent for units and... whatever gives ore value)

This allows not only things like the MARV but also hings like a Chrono Prison that slowly erases its prisoners.

mevitar
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Not an event, but i think a "kill driver at waypoint", or rather a "kill driver of attached object" action would be useful.

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

[SuperWeapon]->KeepTimer=yes
If a SuperWeapon is once available, its timer won't reset if it becomes unavailable and then available again. The timer stops when it's unavailable and resumes when it's available again.

[Weapon]->FireInTransport=list of TechnoTypes
This weapon can be fired when its owner is inside these OpenTopped=yes transports.

PreImpactAnim.MoveBullet=yes
If PreImpactAnim can move, e.g. FLAMEGUY, debris, then the bullet moves with the anim, and shrapnel/airburst weapon would be spawned at the new location.

Agent Z
AA Infantry

Location: LocationNotFoundException at RealLife.Location.find() at line: -1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If we are actually discussing events for maps, then I would suggest something like Super Weapon Fired, which is true if the house of the trigger fires a specified SW. This could be useful as the one can't predict when a player will launch a SW.
Also something like Techno (or attached object) (owned by trigger owner) Enters (building or cell) would allow to be more specific as to what should enter what, and also sometimes allow to use less extra houses for this purpose.

MRMIdAS
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

is there a way to make superweapons inaccurate? I have a Sonar Pulse special, and the computer targets my units dead-on every time, a controllable "accuracy" entry might be nice, like, you say set AIInaccuracy=12 and the computer picks its firing spot, and fires the superweapon at a randomly picked tile within 12 tiles of where it wants to.

This is purely to give the computer the appearance that it can't see all your units, stealthed or not, but might be nice with stuff like paradrops and things too.

This tag would only effect the AI.

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DesperateMother=yes

Spawner dies if one of its spawns dies. Useful for 1-drone carrier.

Millennium
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Starkku wrote:
The IonCannon functionality recently introduced in Ares would be another option to deal damage using another warhead but this method grants no experience.

Could you (or someone else who knows) elaborate how IonCannon function (which is a SuperWeapon type, to my knowledge) could be used to achieve to separate radiation spread from the spread of damage for normal weapons (which I assume you are speaking about, since the lack of experience gain from its use would obviously not be a notable drawback of a superweapon, unless you were making a general statement about the drawbacks of superweapons and a SW with the function of separate radiation and damage spread would not be free from the drawback of AE and crate boni not figuring into the damage calculation, at least according to my straight-forward understanding of how such a separation would be achieved)?

Our mission, unfinished, may take a thousand years.  

NCoder
Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think the sensible (that is, least-complicated-to-code) solution would be to simply allow AirburstWeapons to lay down radiation.

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MRMIdAS wrote:
is there a way to make superweapons inaccurate?

I thought about this, long ago already. There's no good way to do this, without adding several new tags for this.

What about SWs where mission triggers set a preferred target cell? Should that cell be taken as the literal target, or should it be affected by inaccuracy, too? Cell Spread inaccuracy, or perfect circle? Any cell equally likely, or following a normal distribution rather? Affecting AI only, or also auto-fired human SWs?

Would it be consistent if a super weapon requires to be launched at an enemy building, but after inaccuracy is applied, it would fire on an empty cell?

If Inaccuracy isn't set, then everything would work, and if it is set, it's only because the modder set it consciously, so this would have to be expected to be inaccurate. Modders would be responsible to not use inaccuracy on super weapons where it would break them. That is, ignoring targeting issues, and maybe only affecting non-preferred targets set by map actions, then this would be doable.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll repeat a few of my suggestions, so they dont get totally forgotten. #Tongue

1. [TechnoType] FakeOf = TechnoType

At least this is the result of what we talked about a while ago - the goal is to trick the veterancy selection hotkey that displays the value of units selected, which reveals whether a fake building or decoy unit for example - thus ruining their effect.

So [FakeWarFactory] FakeOf = RealWarFactory would make FakeWarFactory display the cost of RealWarFactory instead.

2. [TechnoType] SelfHealing.CombatDelay = int

If a unit is damaged then it starts this timer before being allowed to apply self healing again, so units only heal outside of combat.

3. [Animation] Damage.FrameDelay = int

Allows you set it how often the animation warhead or weapon is applied, so its not necessarily every single frame. Would be practically useful but I also worry about performance issues, particularly online, when things are detonated so regularly.

MRMIdAS
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AlexB wrote:
MRMIdAS wrote:
is there a way to make superweapons inaccurate?

I thought about this, long ago already. There's no good way to do this, without adding several new tags for this.

What about SWs where mission triggers set a preferred target cell? Should that cell be taken as the literal target, or should it be affected by inaccuracy, too? Cell Spread inaccuracy, or perfect circle? Any cell equally likely, or following a normal distribution rather? Affecting AI only, or also auto-fired human SWs?

Would it be consistent if a super weapon requires to be launched at an enemy building, but after inaccuracy is applied, it would fire on an empty cell?

If Inaccuracy isn't set, then everything would work, and if it is set, it's only because the modder set it consciously, so this would have to be expected to be inaccurate. Modders would be responsible to not use inaccuracy on super weapons where it would break them. That is, ignoring targeting issues, and maybe only affecting non-preferred targets set by map actions, then this would be doable.

My idea was pretty much your last few lines, if inaccuracy isn't set, then it's essentially Inaccuracy=0 and modders would be trusted to not put it on, say, a nuke.

I'd also say have a tag for which distribution method you'd prefer, my idea was every cell has an equal weight, to emphasize the AI is "Firing blind" as it were, useful for stuff like reveal specials, sonar pulses, and spy planes.

I'd say triggers should be effected by inaccuracy, but again, it's down to the modder to not bugger up something that shouldn't be messed with.

if it's easier, cell spread inaccuracy is fine, my idea is just to make stuff like Sonar Pulse not always hit targets perfectly.

also, this tag would affect the AI only, or not if you want to code a separate tag for it.

WoodleMyNoodle
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello,

I'd love a Superweapon type=veterancy. Allowing you to buff units in a radius with veteran/elite abilities and/or a promotion.

I believe Npatch used to have this.

silverwind
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think I might have missed a discussion on this at some point, but is there any particular reason why we don't have STOL aircraft like in games like RON?

Something like RateOfAscent / RateOfDescent that would control how many leptons a unit goes up or down per cell of forward movement. Setting these to 0 (default) would effectively emulate the current VTOL movement. A value of 1 could mean an ascent/descent of 1024 leptons over 10 cells;  2 over 5 cells, and 3 over 3.33 cells, and so on.

Or even a more simpler system, with just 2 options of either VTOL (default) or STOL (something like what RoN had)

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

use IsDropship=yes with a low FlightLevel like the A10 in DTA. Works and looks pretty close to STOL

No clue what or who RON is though.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

silverwind
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Now that I can actually try that (instead of speculating in my head what might or might not work), I'm gonna give that a try to see how that works.

Also, RON is Rise of Nations. It has some interesting ideas I always attempt to mod into YR whenever I'm modding it.

Bu7loos
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have a question with regards to the weapons with passengers in aircraft unit types. Is it possible for the aircraft unit not to drop or parachute its passenger while firing its main or sub weapons ?

If not is it possible to add a tag to not do such thing ? example:

[Weapon]
Ejecter.Weapon= Y/N ?

Bu7loos
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Also, I had to put these tags under a MiG aircraft but it would not respond to it :

[MIG21]

Secondary=MiGScanner
CanPassiveAquire=yes
CanRetaliate=yes
CanPassiveAquire.Guard=yes
DefaultToGuardArea=yes
GuardRange=30

Is it also possible to fix this and make the aircraft respond as it will not attack air target nor ground ones.

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bu7loos, yeah, I would also like to see aircraft respecting GuardRange, so once they are put on guard, and target approaches that range, aircraft immediatelly take off and go to attack.

OmegaBolt wrote:
2. [TechnoType] SelfHealing.CombatDelay = int

If a unit is damaged then it starts this timer before being allowed to apply self healing again, so units only heal outside of combat.

Yeah, I also would use that. Very useful feature. I think I have seen this somewhere in some game.

However, as majority I still wait Unit-to-Unit transformation on double click. Feature No1 for happier times Very Happy

PPM Halloween Season 2021

Bu7loos
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Also I found out targeting issues for Long Range AA defenses Specifically Ranges= 12 to 29 or when place either above or below or near a cliff or elevation in which some time it can only shoot for when the aircraft's gets way too close.

Also, for ranges above 29 tags HasRadialIndicator=true and ConcentricRadialIndicator=true does not show correctly and looks broken.

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Apologies if this has already been requested, but, if possible, any chance of seeing something like the shield of the Ordos vehicles from Emperor?
Basically, the shield soaks up damage and then replenishes itself.

The shield either takes hitpoints/strenght like a normal Techno or a percentage of the 'carrier-Techno's strength.
Then add "Shield.SelfHealPoints" and "Shield.SelfHealInterval"...

Unless Attach-Effect or some other existing Ares-feature/logic can emulate this?

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
RehteA
Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is it possible to make building auto placed outside the map upon construstion completed?

The main propose of it is to make something like techno-research which providing map-wide AttachEffects or various modifers.

In addition:
How about making AI obeying BaseNormal=no to prevent it building around some special-proposed buildings.

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

RehteA wrote:
Is it possible to make building auto placed outside the map upon construstion completed?

The main propose of it is to make something like techno-research which providing map-wide AttachEffects or various modifers.

The problem of that would be that there might not be enough space (even for a 1x1 building) outside the playable boundries.
That, and I think you should be able of getting the same result using inviso BalloonHover infantry (regarding prerequisites. Not sure about AttachEffect).

I'd link to the topic here, but either it's gone or search is broken. And I don't know who did it either, but I think it was cxtian.
Topic had to do something with RA3 Empire upgrades in RA2 using Ares, IIRC.

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm using 0x0 building to perform special tasks. It's generated only once by conyard's UDSW and it's generated at the center of conyard.
It's not invisible tho, see the building called "Your Territory?" Its image is a glowing hexagon network.
You can make it perfectly invisible, 0x0 takes no physical space hence can't block anything.

QQ??20180727225321.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  712.23 KB
 Viewed:  3344 Time(s)

QQ??20180727225321.png

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cxtian39 wrote:
I'm using 0x0 building to perform special tasks. It's generated only once by conyard's UDSW and it's generated at the center of conyard.
It's not invisible tho, see the building called "Your Territory?" Its image is a glowing hexagon network.
You can make it perfectly invisible, 0x0 takes no physical space hence can't block anything.
But the AI can't use it and it can't be used for base-expansion. Remember that.
https://www.modenc.renegadeprojects.com/Foundation

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TAK02 wrote:
cxtian39 wrote:
But the AI can't use it and it can't be used for base-expansion. Remember that.
https://www.modenc.renegadeprojects.com/Foundation
Why you want AI to use hidden building for base-expansion

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cxtian39 wrote:
Why you want AI to use hidden building for base-expansion

That one is for singleplayer, not AI.

chr0nicz420
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bumping this suggestion of mine once again.

chr0nicz420 wrote:
Customizing radiation CellSpread for weapons with RadLevel tag. For instance, a weapon with a RadLevel tag and its warhead's CellSpread is .3 but I want its radiation's CellSpread higher like 2.

WoodleMyNoodle
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Did you actually just "bump" a suggestion which is on the very same page. Also it's already possible.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just use an airburst weapon that creates the rad.

chr0nicz420
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OmegaBolt wrote:
Just use an airburst weapon that creates the rad.

No that won't work. Already tried that anyway and someone already mentioned that it won't work.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

chr0nicz420 wrote:
No that won't work. Already tried that anyway and someone already mentioned that it won't work.

Just tested it & it works fine, make the main weapon produce the rad field & the second splits weapon do the damage. The only drawback is as Starkku mentioned, any damage buffs from attach effect &/or crates aren't applied.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 8 of 16 [800 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, ..., 14, 15, 16 Next
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon