Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:56 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Command and Conquer: Rivals has been announced!
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [37 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:57 pm    Post subject:  Command and Conquer: Rivals has been announced!
Subject description: Warning! Heretic game detected! Kane is very displeased! He is the messiah and not simply a general!
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Command and Conquer: Rivals has been announced at the EA Play 2018, which is EA's presentation for E3. Technically is a capped real time strategy game created by EA Redwood Studios, where base building is very limited. You have to harvest resources and build an army to control a missile launcher structure in the center of the map. If you control it when the missile is ready, you'll launch a missile at the enemy's construction yard. Who hits the enemy's construction yard twice wins. It is GDI vs Nod inspired by somehere in the timeline between Tiberian Dawn and Tiberian Sun, although no accuracy can be expected when Seth and Oxanna are alive in the same game as Nod Generals, unless one of them also lives in death. You can also destroy the ememy's base with your units, but it seems to be quite hard to do it. There is no sign of single player campaign, storyline or anything, although there will be single player matches and challenges. The game should rely on microtransactions where players will be able to buy better units to use in their armies, so microtransactions will affect the ballance of the game. And the game should be playable on mobile systems (iOS and Android), as it was shown in a demo with 2 random RTS players on the stage. Android users may sign up at the Google Play Store to try to play the pre-alpha as soon as it launches. Here's the official trailer of the game.

Here is the gameplay overview:

And here's a match up:

And here's the game description at the Google Play Store:

Quote:
Lead your army to victory in The War for Tiberium with Command & Conquer™: Rivals, a competitive real-time strategy game on mobile! Battle to dominate your enemy with Commanders from the Global Defense Initiative and Brotherhood of Nod. Customize your army with a unique commander, infantry units, and vehicles. Conquer opponents in one-on-one battles and strategically direct your forces to earn every victory. In this war, control is power.

TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR ARMY
In Command & Conquer: Rivals, the strategy behind your skills determines victory or defeat. Choose a Commander to lead your forces – each holds powerful abilities that can influence your approach and turn the tide of battle. Create winning combinations of infantry, tanks, aircraft, and high-tech behemoths. Customize your army to align with your Commander’s unique abilities, then unleash formidable weapons and vehicles in all-out war.

DOMINATE RIVALS ON THE BATTLEFIELD
Go head-to-head in live battles with other players as you fight for map superiority in real time! Choose to fight for the Global Defense Initiative or Brotherhood of Nod. Restock your supplies and boost your army with valuable supply convoys. Complete daily challenges for massive rewards that improve your Commanders, weapons, and abilities. Grow your army with every victory and climb the leaderboards!

Pre-register today and get the Early Bird Bundle, including a Titan unit, Diamonds, and Credits, when Command & Conquer: Rivals launches worldwide.

It won't be moddable at all. However, hopefully the graphics and other resources may help to inspire our modders here.

Key Words: #News #CommandAndConquerRivals 

Last edited by Banshee on Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:49 pm; edited 6 times in total

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Downvotedownvotedownvote

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I am still updating the first post as I learn more about the game. But some things on the gameplay overview video won't be posted there, including Kane being a general (and not a messiah, which is a complete heresy!).

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lol this even worse than what I predict they're so profestional at mess thing up! XD

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I see EA has come around full circle and is running out of fandoms to piss off, now they're back to C&C. I suppose they'll hit Maxis again somehow, maybe make an awful Sims game? Or maybe they'll kill Bioware next, who knows, it's like they're trying to push the envelope to see how far they can go before gamers will stop buying their games.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This looks worse then the Chinese mobile game >.>

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i...wait...between TD and TS?...why is Seth there...unless....he's cyborg Seth now.... also the hell is a rock worm?

I mean....the general idea of gameplay is okay-ish I guess. But it's like they took a mix-mash of some the various games and just said "I think this fits..." and then added a rock worm...

Ah well...I might still give it a try...maybe...but doubt i'll like it if I do. wonder how heavy the microtransactions will be in it....

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This game looks like absolute ztyping garbage. I didn't think they could ever top the abomination that was C&C4 by making an even more awful game, but looks like I was wrong.

The only good thing is the cinematic trailer, bar Kane, who looks like he just won a beauty pageant.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

When I saw Seth and Oxanna together, that was the first thing that came to my mind... But you are right, I don't think they actually give a damn about timeline at all.

MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well I kind of feel like people need to chill out a little...

Its just a mobile game. I would never classify mobile as any thing official, its meant to be a throwaway game (shovelware).

As it is C&C is dead, hell strategy games are dead... In today date this is one of the few ways to release strategy games.

Amusingly enough the YouTube video (Command and Conquer: Rivals – Official Gameplay Overview) has 78 likes and 1.7k dislikes, kind of a big sign.

LOL...

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MadHQ wrote:
I would never classify mobile as any thing official, its meant to be a throwaway game (shovelware).
But that's the problem. First C&C game in 8 years or so, the revival of a dead series, and what they do is choose not to target the audience of the series, but some other casual mobile audience who by now surely can't even be aware of the brand. It just seems so bizarre to me.

I can't imagine what value the C&C name has now BESIDES to the old fans, who want an actual RTS and not a throwaway mobile game, that itself is a clone of so many others. Who are they even targeting with this? It could've been given the Star Wars name and been far more successful, or Battlefield and be some supplementary release to 5.

MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well this really is not a official large C&C title. Its been produced by Visceral Games/Redwood Studios what ever you want to call it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visceral_Games

This was meant to be a small mobile game for mobile users. It looks as though that is exactly what it is.

This is no new C&C game, this is just another mobile game, so its not a revival of C&C.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What. It IS the revival or C&C, whether you think it is or not. #Tongue  It's literally another game with C&C in the title. Doesn't matter what form it comes in, it's still an official C&C game.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If this was an throwaway spin-off/companion game like Tiberium Alliances was with the mainline C&C3 then it would be fine. But instead we now get the throwaway game as the main title, that's why people are pissed.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey guys, I've just updated the first post with more information on microtransactions, rewards for daily challenges and Google Play Store description.

Wolfsangel
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Okay, I'm done with EA forever.

IconOfEvi
Civilian

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My greatest fear this year was a shit C&C revival, but even I didn't think it could be this bad. And I thought I'd hit lowest low.

Time to break out the alcohol. The real heavy stuff. Goodnight everyone!

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OmegaBolt wrote:
I can't imagine what value the C&C name has now BESIDES to the old fans, who want an actual RTS and not a throwaway mobile game, that itself is a clone of so many others. Who are they even targeting with this? It could've been given the Star Wars name and been far more successful, or Battlefield and be some supplementary release to 5.

This. There's not much of a logical target market for this game. They could be after old C&C fans who have no time for PC gaming anymore, but I doubt most of them are very interested in a childhood-destroying (lore and gameplay wise) mobile game like this either. I guess they're targeting mobile gamers in general and using C&C as a still-somewhat-well-known name for extra publicity.

Ah well, we'll continue to keep the series alive as modders I guess.

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It feels like C&C4, only with far fewer units and more or less of a short count-down timer.

But there's one thing I don't understand: How come people are hating on this much more than C&C4?

Don't get me wrong, both games are terrible C&C games, however I feel like C&C4 is a good game. Not a C&C game, but a good game nonetheless.
Is that it?

But at the same time, I can't help but wonder: why?

EA knows C&C4, cancelling Generals 2, and releasing this trash and seemingly not minding Tencent's garbage are NOT what hard-core C&C gamers would want.
And yet they STILL do it!

So I can't help wonder about EA'S real intention.
Are they really trying to rob C&C's fans of their money? Are they really trying to get some easy cash with a franchise they know they can abuse?

Or is it that they simply wish to see C&C beaten to death by disgrace?

Don't get me wrong, I'm with you here. But what's really going on in EA's offices? Was Greg Black (?) forced into making this, and decided to bring as much C&C/RTS-feel as he could within limits set from above?
Or has he lost his mind?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
Mechacaseal
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

honestly i think generals f2p was jsut as bad as this game. sure generals f2p had a lot of base building but it was just busy work and unit spamming. this is the same thing but simplified. i dont hate it. looks like it has a good unit countering system and focus on unit positioning. ya its spammy but its not any worse than general f2p. and better than tiberian twilight which is funny.

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TAK02 wrote:
So I can't help wonder about EA'S real intention.
Are they really trying to rob C&C's fans of their money? Are they really trying to get some easy cash with a franchise they know they can abuse?

It's EA trying to make their investors happy by using an IP they keep renewing ownership of.

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Assuming the title was developed with the lowest possible effort, using the C&C name and fleshed out characters is a lot easier than inventing/developing all new looks and backstories. I wouldn't read into it deeper than that, they got lazy, used existing data.

All it shows is that EA has no respect for the C&C franchise, and sees its only value as nostalgiq.

EVA-251
General

Also Known As: evanb90

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Truly is sad to see how far this franchise has fallen

Damfoos
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I saw enough feedback, constructive and not, saw a bit of gameplay, saw the devs' response, and can conclude the following. Despite obviously NOT being the kind of C&C we wanted, it doesn't look bad for a MOBILE game I guess. They say it's C&C basic gameplay features packed into a mobile game and I see where they are coming from: in normal games you also have to fight for map control to get advantage, have to make decisions regarding economy (whether you invest into it or into the army), pick the right units, invest into tech or into army, use terrain to your advantage, harass enemy to delay his progress. I can see all of this here in a very simplified form, however I can't say those are C&C own gameplay features, those are general RTS features. Imagine this being reskinned to look like StarCraft, would that change much? I doubt that.

Hence why it might be a good mobile RTS, but it won't be a C&C game without the distinct features that made C&C stand out back in a day (navy, garrisons, resource gathering system, engineers). C&C4 tried the same thing basically, there you still had to acheive map control with different means than in classic games, you still had to defend your base (aka the crawler), but it was oversimplified and lacked the depth the normal C&C games have (not to mention that it was a spin-off game harshly refitted into a sequel of the series, with a shit storyline quickly put together, low effort FMVs and weird toyish units) and got the hate it deserved not that much as a game, but as something that has been presented as the next generation of C&C and the epilogue of the story.

The guys on prentation said Rivals is the new C&C for the new generation. Obviously those who played and loved the older C&C games, be it RA1 and TD or RA2 and TS, or even the wacky RA3 (I still hate the art direction they took and the hot bang chicks for female characters) and C&C3 (that somehow ignored many stuff that was present in TS), will find this game inferior to what they are used to, they won't see it as a true C&C because it isn't a C&C - it's a just a very simplified RTS for mobile devices, decorated with familiar designs and using familiar names. The fans are offended by this statement because it's a downgrade to the series, and this is why people keep calling this game shit without even playing it (the opposite still has to be proven however). It's indeed a shit game if you compare it with the previous C&C, even the unfamous non-C&C 4 is more C&C than this. The developers, the publishers, whoever presented it, could and still can try to salvage the PR situation not just by explaining what this game is, but by acknowledging what this game is not, instead of pretending there was no negative feedback and everyone is happy. Angry C&C fans (me included) are being ignored since C&C4, which makes them rightfully think EA doesn't care about the fans but only cares about the profits, and is this opinion really wrong? Did EA acknowledge their fuckups with C&C? They get all this hate for a good reason I'd say.

Since it's still in development, there's a room for additional features, and seeing more of familiar C&C things (not characters from different timelines, but gameplay mechanics) would be nice. Greg Black himself said it's supposed to be sort of "C&C all-stars", so I won't be surprised seeing GLA fighting Nod or Soviets entering the Mammoth measuring contest with the GDI. While this would be extreme heresy, the game doesn't take lore into account at all, so idk if factions from other universes would be a bad addition at this point. We'll see how it turns out, for a mobile game. Right now there are only 2 ways this can end: the game gets cancelled due to massive negative feedback and low profits (especially if the P2W system is indeed here), or the game stays and gets improved, possibly making more people previously unfamiliar with C&C want to take a look at 20-10 year old games of this franchise. Just my 2 cents of constructive feedback, which unfortunately won't be noticed by EA or Redwood anyway.

Last edited by Damfoos on Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I feel like a lot of the negative feedback could have been avoided if they had downplayed Rivals as what it basically is, a small spin-off project specifically for casual gamers, i.e. not C&C fans. Instead of trying to hype it up by saying things like "this is the next generation of Command & Conquer". Fans would have had at least a slither of (false) hope that a new mainline game could still come in the future. As it stands tho EA gave the impression that Rivals is probably the closest thing to C&C5 we are going to get.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Think people would still be disappointed after years of failed and cancelled projects and radio silence. A spinoff is something you do to capitalise on a thriving series, fill in the blanks between main releases, not randomly toss out after years of nothing.

Remember there was the Red Alert iOS game that looked better than this, and more true to RTS, but at least that was also a side game amongst bigger releases. The main audience was (somewhat) satisfied, making spinoffs and money grabs at least tolerable. This is just... a very strange move, showing how crazily out of touch they are.

NimoStar
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The main mechanics of the RTS mode aren't that bad, the problem is thwe whole persistent bullshit "upgrade your units"
that makes the game a grindfest, likely microtransactions, "experience", loot boxes, etc.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I had the same thought as Mig on this one. In of itself, I'm sure it'll make a great Mobile game.
But it's disappointing as we know the C&C canon deserves so much more than that.
I believe that pleasing C&C fans is really dirt simple, all they really need to do is make a C&C-themed Battlefield game with mammoth tanks and Orcas, or a modern-graphics remake of RA1 or TD.
I guess we'll make do with Renegade X and C&C3: Tiberian Dawn for now

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Jack the Ripper

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The game mode is actually interesting to me

Allen
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Team Black wrote:
a modern-graphics remake of RA1 or TD.

And pigs will fly out my rear end like the morning after a Taco Bell all nighter.

C&C in RA-1 Get it here
http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30101 100+ Single Player Missions! Now playable on CnCNet 5!

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

But look what Blizzard does with fans. They connect with communities, even hire people from communities there to serve as some sort of bridge between corporation and great sites. They constantly listen and learn what people have to say, they are always in touch. Unlike C&C, hardheaded vs hardheaded fans. And guess who lose, they of course, because we do not waste millions and millions on trashes. They do, they constantly make something, fail, and keep doing this round after round without learning anything.
Because EA does not want to learn. Company which has millions which behaves stupid (which is contradictory that stupid man can earn millions) actually does this on purpose. They are basically ,,I will do this all my way or no way at all".
What is this game? I told you this Tencent Yuri's Revenge is far better than this game. Even Chinese (with all copies/rip offs) are capable of making better than EA's companies.

PPM Halloween Season 2021

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Allen wrote:
And pigs will fly out my rear end like the morning after a Taco Bell all nighter.

This is technically possible, if you put ham or bacon in your Taco Bell

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Allen
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Team Black wrote:
Allen wrote:

This is technically possible, if you put ham or bacon in your Taco Bell

ROFL!

C&C in RA-1 Get it here
http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30101 100+ Single Player Missions! Now playable on CnCNet 5!

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MasterHaosis wrote:
I told you this Tencent Yuri's Revenge is far better than this game. Even Chinese (with all copies/rip offs) are capable of making better than EA's companies.

Rivals seems a lot more like a C&C version of Civilization 2-3 (or Alpha Centauri), Tencent's looks like a genuine mobile game.

NimoStar
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I told you that Chinese yuri's revenge had potential, at least it uses nice sprites that fit within the RA2 original design, as oppossed to f*cking ugly cartoon 3d models like here.

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

seem like the most fun part of this game is controversial it's such amazing design features. :p

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ready for download!
smarturl.it/cncrivals
Getting addicted!

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [37 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!