Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:14 pm
All times are UTC + 0
A SHP vehicle with 8 facing how to make face all directions
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [22 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
TRUEGRIT
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:46 pm    Post subject:  A SHP vehicle with 8 facing how to make face all directions Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Okay guys I have just downloaded a SHP vehicle with an intention to make

it "A DEFENCE TURRET" Wink  Very Happy but I was completely shocked  Shocked when I found that it just with "8 facing" Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad

so pleeeeeeeease guys how to make it face all directions .

by the way its going to be so cool turret even MIG EATER said so but he dropped the idea when he found it with 8 facing only

so...help guys please!!!!

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's possible with Alex's Ares

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No way unless you remake the 3d model from scratch but that's not gonna be exactly same

TRUEGRIT
Grenadier

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

From Civ3, maybe you need to know how to extract models from Civ3

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, if your really desperate enough, you could 'make' the missing facings by rotating the art but that is a lot of work and it won't be too super, then there is the pain of aligning it to building grid.

Pussypus, you misread his request entirely.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ApolloTD wrote:
Pussypus, you misread his request entirely.

nothing new

@Truegrit: get a 3d modeling program (3ds max, blender, maya etc) and recreate the model from scratch (this conversion from CIV3 never had more than 8 facings). Then render it in 32 facings.

This way you can also bring it to scale for RA2/YR, since it is currently way too big.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

TRUEGRIT
Grenadier

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oaps Iam doomed

If you mean with "recreate it from the scratch" to redraw or redesign it by the 3d program then its the end

I can edit most voxels very very good but SHPs I can only resize and  canvas resize them

So what do you think about 3d programme
But thank you guys so much for your caring and advises thanks alot in the end its my problem

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TRUEGRIT wrote:
If you mean with "recreate it from the scratch" to redraw or redesign it by the 3d program then its the end
I'm sorry if I mis-read, but you weren't clear enough on whether or not you have the original 3D model of that unit.

In that case, all you need is to import the model (and convert it beforehand if necessary) into a 3D program (apparently Blender is a good choice, especially when you use DonutArnold's template.) and then render.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
TRUEGRIT
Grenadier

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@TAK02 and everone else that generously honored me with his advise

I only have the shp file not the 3d design and the proplem that I have no experience in 3d programms at all.

I dont want to bother but if some can do it or tell me exctly step by step to end this trouble

For the sake of our beloved game RA2 its going to be supet cool turret

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TAK02 wrote:
I'm sorry if I mis-read, but you weren't clear enough on whether or not you have the original 3D model of that unit.

He posted the link to the download topic, which mentioned that it's a CIV3 conversion. Can't be any clearer than that.

@Truegrit:
Mig Eater mentioned in the download topic that it's a "German Flakvierling 38"
-You can use google to find a public model of that one.
-Download the model
-Download Blender (it's a free 3d modeling program)
-read a few short tutorials about blender and how to load/import 3d models
-get the Blender templates and import the model into the template
-render it in 32 facings
-convert the 64 images (32 normal+ 32 shadow frames) into SHP
-done

Public SHPs

Tools

TRUEGRIT
Grenadier

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@LKO (Lin Kuei Ominae)

Thanks buddy Iam going to try it but I have a faint hope of success or even to find a free bublic 3d design of it but thanks again

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Public SHPs

Tools

TRUEGRIT
Grenadier

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@LKO
OMG you are my hero  Wink

Hahaha I went offline since my last reply and did nothing but staying sad and saying its impossible
But when I opened the forum and saw your reply with " a download link page" not just a  group of web sites to check it I felt so inspired but also felt shame because I havn't tried

Now Iam going to download the 3d program and give it a shoot
Wich me luck please  Smile

TRUEGRIT
Grenadier

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@LKO

I downloaded Blender and its RA2 templates and I watched tutorials about importing even though any one can import only if he knew what are the form of file a specific  program could read but I watched videos on it for the sake of following your instruction and of course I watched tutorials about rendering and here is the problem cuz I'M stuck in the step that says "Append your model (Shift-F1): modelfilename.blend\Object\ Select all except camera and light"

I imported the file to the program but when I follow the instruction by pressing shift+f1 it doesn't read the file from its location but it reads the template file only thus giving me error saying that this file is not library
AND I CANT FIND CAMERA OR LIGHT OR ANYTHING

and there is no one video that shows how to render a model  via a RA2 template but they show me how to render ANIMATIONS ONLY AND VIA THE BLENDER SPICIAL TEMPLATES

I dunno may b cuz I have no experience with it is the reason I couldn't do it

so plzzzzzz can u send me at least pics showing me how to do it

and by the way I downloaded another 3d model and its more cooler
"I told you inspired me"

any way I attached the model its a soviet  zu-23 towed AA gun

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is their any reason why you particularly want a "German Flakvierling 38"? There are a bunch of public flak cannons you can grab without doing all this work.  Wink

TRUEGRIT
Grenadier

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@cxtian
Smile  the thing is that I want to but a real life or actual units in  the game and trust me i did and for the anti air defences I have the Patriot PAC-3 missile system and the MANTIS AA towed gun for the allies while I have the S-400 missile system for the soviet and no towed guns for the soviet which made accept that german aa gun as a soviet but I found a free bublic 3d model of the zu-23  
And I tried to follow the instrutions of LKO but my lack of experince with 3d program is stoping from doing it properly.

So if any one can show me some educational pictures instructing me how to render in the RA2 Blender templates
It will be great

Thanks

TRUEGRIT
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Why no one wants to help Shocked  Surprised

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Because helping others isn't an obligation?

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You can find instructions on how to render in blender here

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
TAK02
General

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cxtian39 wrote:
Because helping others isn't an obligation?
ROFL! Laughing LMAO! ROFLMAO!!!
TAK02 wrote:
So much for the community Laughing

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
TRUEGRIT
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@cxtian
Its not funny to say so okay

@MIG EATER
thank u man tnnx alot

@TAK02
The forum is all about devolping, supporting and sharing
Thats what I understood from the creators of the community for the sake of the CNC mania
Am I right

Thank you every body any way[/i]

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [22 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon