Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:02 am
All times are UTC + 0
New Mod Near completion. Question about reinstating campaign
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Lee3y
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:29 pm    Post subject:  New Mod Near completion. Question about reinstating campaign Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Greetings fellow modders,

The first build of my mod is nearly ready, called 'New Horizons'.

Before releasing it, I've been working on reinstating the campaign. The mod has extensively evolved the game, however I haven't done too much to stop the game's original campaigns from working, and it wouldn't take much, I feel, to restore them fully.

There were 3 issues, 1 is resolved, and at the moment there are 2, but I shall list the 3:

1. Mission 1 of the Soviet Campaign the player is normally granted 4 landing craft. Due to changes I made, 1 craft would turn back without unloading the battle tanks, making the mission Very Difficult. *RESOLVED*

2. Mission 1 of the Allied Campaign I have had time to do one test game, and after capturing all power plants the objective did not complete, thus not activating the remaining objectives. Even after moving on to killing All enemy (Yuri) structures. Any thoughts?

3. Mission 2 of the Soviet Campaign the player is normally given 3 groups of units that move onto the map. Unfortunately the groups do not do this, and I have only managed to draw them into the playable zone by doing the following:

I go to the top of the map, draw a unit selection square over the black (off-map) zone, where I am able to select Some units. I order these units on map, then select each individual by Type, click 'select all' (by type), where I am able to take control of the other groups and draw them into the map as well. At this point precious time is lost, and the AI pummels what few units survive, but it is possible (just) to live. Normally after surviving the initial assault and eliminating the initial enemy zones, the player is granted an MCV, however for reasons unknown, the MCV does NOT come!

I have miraculously managed to complete mission 2 by gathering the surviving units, then repelling the initial assault and taking out the 2 immediate enemy barracks. At this point I split my survivors into 2 forces; most remain in a defensive formation, while I take a small group including 2 scud launchers (my replacement V3 launchers) along the top of the map to the far top left, and from there approach the main objectives on the bottom left corner of the map, where I destroy them (einstein's lab and the time machine) with the scuds. This way winning the mission while the 'main' force holds out distracting the enemy (and repelling air attacks) back at the main start location, where the MCV Should have appeared...

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lee3y
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cxtian39 wrote:
Did you have a look at https://www.modenc.renegadeprojects.com/Making_The_YR_Singleplayer_Campaign_Work_With_Your_Mod
I made my mod compatible with original campaigns, too
But now I think it's not a good idea

Hello again cxtian,

Yes actually it turns out I have indeed looked at that, and I thought about it for a good long while in confusion, trying to relate that article to the issues I have described, but I concluded (either correctly or incorrectly) that my issues seem not to be related? That article would seem to be focused on buildings (specifically power plants, and the building list), which May be related to issue 2, and campaign scripts (scripts I haven't touched for campaign).

I also hadn't gone through with it because I'm not sure how it addresses issue 3. If it would help, then I would go ahead with it? I'd like to understand what was wrong and causing the issues of course..

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Can you not change the missions to be less reliant on custom buildings, either using celltags or maybe waypoints?

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon