Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:48 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Tutorial Requests
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 11 of 12 [558 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 9, 10, 11, 12 Next
Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't see why gattling is needed. Just use small ROF and LaserDuration bigger than ROF.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Krow
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nope. Infantry can't use gattling. I don't think it's achievable.

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You can set ROF=0 or even negative for non-stop fire but do realise damage goes up fast so very low damage is advised. DO NOT put muzzle anims in such weapons (if go as drastic firing rate) however or any long impact anims or you will lag the game bad due to overlaps.

warlock
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:54 pm    Post subject:  Once Again I need Help... :/ Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well... I need help once again, now about clean resized shp's like in Reloaded mod... I'm trying to use old Lost Relic Buildings in my mod but I need how have a nice and fancy resize like this screen...

Someone know o to do it?  Confused

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail YouTube User URL Skype Account AIM Address
Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There is no magic resize button like that - FS-21 manually went on and fixed the frames one by one after resize.

OTOH, you already get a better result if instead of using SHP Builder, you export the frames into Photoshop/GIMP/etc and resize there.

=======================
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
warlock
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

RLY... Works with paint . net?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail YouTube User URL Skype Account AIM Address
Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Never used that one, so I'd guess it has anti-aliasing issues - if it doesn't use original Paint's resizing calculation under the hood in which case no point using that.

=======================

warlock
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So Photo shop is way better... Right... I'll make a try then! Thanks Graion Wink

Frikandel
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:50 pm    Post subject: Tutorial Request Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I would like a detailed tutorial about changing France to The Netherlands.
As i am currently a feaking noob at modding, I need all the help I can get.
I am using xcc mixer 1.47, I allready found a text where this was explained but some things did not match the xcc mixer layout.

example: I need to convert a pcx file to an shp file. If I do this under a same name from the file the program chrashes. Furthermore, adding a file to ecache seems not to be in my options, at least not that I have found yet.

So I will ask kindly again, could some please post a tutorial about changing the name and face of a country for total noobs.

Thank you.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It would be better if you start a new topic in the Red Alert 2 Editing Forum to ask specific question about the problems you are having.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
ravinrabbid
Civilian

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi, guys. I'm quite new to modding, but I do know coding, so it's not completely new for me but there are just some things I don't understand, like how to draw/create voxels or to use them. I've been looking for a tutorial but couldn't find a decent one yet, so, where should I start?

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I wanted to request a tutorial on how to model and render buildings using blender (buildup, shadows, render object, etc.), i am really focusing on the buildup one.

If i am not mistaken for this subforum

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

google how to animate stuff in blender.

Public SHPs

Tools

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@PussyPus: Quick tutorial:
1. Create cube in template and move it so it'll be fully below z=0
2. Press I and select Location (make sure current frame is 0)
3. Then a select current frame around 20 (or further)
4. Move cube above z=0 and press I and select Location
5. Run Buildup script.
6. Profit.

That's the most basic way to animate buildup.

If you want to animate buildup like I do then select all objects you want to animate at frame=0 and toggle Automatic keyframe insertion + Keying set for LocRotScale and press I. Everytime you move, rotate or scale it'll automatically insert the keyframes. Then you just do buildup animation backwards (aka sell animation).

After finishing your animation you then go to Dope Sheet, select all the animated objects and their keyframes and mirror them and finally move the keyframes to right position.

There's also a modifier that can be useful for creating cut style animations. That modifier is Boolean. To use it you create a boolean object (cube) that will cut the buildup object. Then you add that boolean modifer for the animated buildup and select Difference and that boolean object. Animate that boolean object to go through the buildup object and then you can move it to another layer.

warlock
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:30 pm    Post subject: Tutorial about using Half-Life tools & models for RA2YR Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello, I recently restart work in RA2YR modding and I would like to know how to use properly the Half-Life .mdl's to convert them to units for RA2YR, I noticed some of you already did it and I would like to get a tutorial explaining to do everything properly... Except the rendering part I know to do that.

Thanks in advance.   Wink

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I wanted to request for how to import images of rendered building (if buildup) into a single SHP, when i do this the image colors get corrupted.

NucleiSplitter
Laser Commando

Also Known As: martx

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How can I make a Unit Upgrade (Icon style) change the affected unit's art in shp?

I'm good at voxelling, but not at coding #Tongue

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PussyPus wrote:
I wanted to request for how to import images of rendered building (if buildup) into a single SHP, when i do this the image colors get corrupted.

Colors aren't working correctly on my photoshop but:
Spoiler (click here to read it):

RIAKTOR
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How to make hacker? Hacker is infantry who drain buildings like yuri's UFO.

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Request: How to make a time machine trigger in final alert 2, i actually need the time lapse (they go through time in the same location) and time shift (they go through time but to a different location in the map) ones.

XxpeddyxX
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

RIAKTOR wrote:
How to make hacker? Hacker is infantry who drain buildings like yuri's UFO.

Not possible from what I have tried, can only disable them not drain them.

ayylmao on Discord

Flaguna
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm in great need to know how to add new voxel projectiles and to add a radiation field to a projectile explosion on the ground. Help.

MRMIdAS
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well voxel projectiles is pretty easy, just set projectile to whatever your voxel is, the make a warherad to deal damage and a "strike" animation, done.

Artmd.ini is your friend.

Flaguna
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I tried doing this with the "copy and paste" way, just changing the projectile Image and setting voxel=yes and it gave me a Cannon projectile. I don't know what I did wrong.

PS.: I'm using TibEd for RA2YR because it's way easier

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Don't use TibEd, It tends to add unnecessary tags which break the codes already. Just refer to modenc while making changes and use already existing codes as templates then do trial and error.

Flaguna
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've noticed that TibEd add unnecessary tags so I always check the code manually. About the template, is there any link for a template or do you have a template?

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You wont get any help here if you use TibEd.
Use a text editor to edit the inis in the only correct way, explain what you did (best by showing the code here) and explain what doesn't work.

Public SHPs

Tools

Flaguna
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is TibEd that bad? I only use it to add the codes I want, As I've said, I always "fix" what I did manually. I never had any major problem using TibEd

Edit: my major beginner problem is how to add radiation to a weapon/proj/WH. Just like the demo truck, when it explodes, it leaves radiation, but I want it smaller, say, 3 cells?

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You're much better off learning to just do it in a general text format (Notepad++ is great) because TibEd is just a crutch that only makes things more difficult when you need to change something in the rules it doesn't work with (it makes the rules a huge mess) and there's many things that can't be done with it. What Atomic_Noodles was talking about for a template is: If you want to make a new tank, copy [GTNK] or [HTNK] as they're the most basic tank and add/remove tags from there, rename it and give it an Image= if you have to, add it to the [VehicleTypes] list, and now you have a new tank. If you want to make a weapon, copy another pre-existing weapon, etc. etc. And for more help with tags and such, consult modenc.renegadeprojects.com as it's practically a complete list of tags you need to know with description. Once you start doing this, I think you'll find it alot easier to do than entering stuff one at a time in TibEd.

Anyway, the amount of radiation provided by RadLevel= on the weapon will control the duration as well as the damage of the radiation. The size of the radiation site however is controlled by the CellSpread= on the warhead the weapon uses. So for the demo truck, you would want to change:
Code:
[DemobombWH]
CellSpread=3

that's all there is to it really. A quick CTRL+F search in notepad and you're there.

Oh and you may want to copy everything you've changed already to a new rules, as I'm sure TibEd made quite a mess of the current one you're using. Take it from me, I started modding using TibEd and soon found it to be a waste of time, that I could do things so much faster in Notepad. And another thing: If you plan on using Ares to improve your mod, TibEd will certainly not know what to do with the tags.

MRMIdAS
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Flaguna wrote:
Is TibEd that bad?

yep. people have had IE's, or stuff stop working, cos tibed randomly decides to bork code.

Flaguna
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Alright, I'll start over in a new rulesmd and make everything better, as hard as it sounds (I've added over 10 new units :c).

I started modding YR on text editor by myself, no tutorials, nothing, only trial and (mostly) error. It took me 2 weeks to add my first unit, well not actually, I edited the unused howitzer to be usable and okay-ish to say "this is nice". Months passed and I found TibEd, and then I took it as a way to start over since I thought it was easier to "click and select what I want". Anyways, thanks for the useful tips, I'll try harder.

And thanks again about the radiation thing, I'll test it later!

Flaguna
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MRMIdAS wrote:
Flaguna wrote:
Is TibEd that bad?

yep. people have had IE's, or stuff stop working, cos tibed randomly decides to bork code.

I never had any major IE with TibEd, it only happened when I typoed things like "Primary=120mmm"

AnimalMan
Chem Warrior

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I used Tibed on day one of modding over 10 years ago.

It got me used to how things work ---- but i eventually realized i couldnt do everything i wanted to do in tibed. Not all the code was readable - so you couldnt always understand the bigger picture when things decide to not work.

Going through rules ini manually was something i picked up modding Emperor Battle for Dune, then when modding Red Alert 1. Because its all basically the same for each of these games.

Tibed does things for you and is unforgiving when things go wrong.

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AnimalMan wrote:
I used Tibed on day one of modding over 10 years ago.

It got me used to how things work ---- but i eventually realized i couldnt do everything i wanted to do in tibed. Not all the code was readable - so you couldnt always understand the bigger picture when things decide to not work.

Going through rules ini manually was something i picked up modding Emperor Battle for Dune, then when modding Red Alert 1. Because its all basically the same for each of these games.

Tibed does things for you and is unforgiving when things go wrong.

I did say TibEd has its uses #Tongue
But yes, nowadays with Ares, it is rather obsolete for pros.

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
Grieg
Civilian

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How do I code a radial repair? And where would I find the effects that fit it?

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Grieg wrote:
How do I code a radial repair? And where would I find the effects that fit it?
AttachEffect.Animation=some anim with warhead with negative versus and large cell spread. But this will make AI's unit dancing around as if they were hit. I indeed don't know what's the best way to do it.

Black Temple Gaurdian
Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Since Launch Base no longer works with Origin, is there any tutorials on how to make a launcher (like MO has)?

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Black Temple Gaurdian wrote:
Since Launch Base no longer works with Origin, is there any tutorials on how to make a launcher (like MO has)?
IIRC, only MO 3.0 had a launcher, and those should be doable with just XCC Mod Creator/Launcher, I think.
They're here: http://www.yrargentina.com/old/index.php?page=utilities/utilities

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The current version of MO uses a custom made launcher/client, which cant be covered in a simple tutorial.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Black Temple Gaurdian
Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'd say I "simply" want something that moves the mod files into the directory, then launches the game, and removes the files on closing, but I only know enough that that's not that simple.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

XCC Mod Creator can do that for you.

Black Temple Gaurdian
Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'd thought I read somewhere that XCC Mod Creator didn't work well with Ares, but I'll check it out, thanks you two!

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes XCC Mod Creator doesn't supports Ares (My bad, I should have guessed you were using Ares) it can only launch the game via the normal exe & not through Syringe.

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mig Eater wrote:
can only launch the game via the normal exe & not through Syringe.
Then how did MO 3.0 do it? They had a launcher too, then, and the released MO 3.0 depended on Ares just as much as today's release.

Starkku
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TAK02 wrote:
Then how did MO 3.0 do it? They had a launcher too, then, and the released MO 3.0 depended on Ares just as much as today's release.

Custom-made launcher executable.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Twitter Channel URL
EliteGoatBoy
Medic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Not sure whether or not this would be considered necrobumping this thread, but a tutorial on how to make unit voices sound close to the original RA2/YR voices would be nice. (Eg: Apply a set of effects to a C&C: Generals unit's voice line for the sounds to asethetically fit C&C: RA2/YR).

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Like hilarious fake Russians accent Laughing

EliteGoatBoy
Medic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That would be voice acting more than adding effects that would keep any additional voice close to the original. But that certainly would be funny, especially if we had a way to contact the original VA's.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 11 of 12 [558 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 9, 10, 11, 12 Next
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon