Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:07 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Name for XWIS-only Ares (Mars now. Unless other ideas?)
Moderators: Ares Support Team at PPM, Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 2 [53 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2

AresS.dll is now Sol.dll
Yes
50%
 50%  [ 3 ]
No
50%
 50%  [ 3 ]
Saqr.dll
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TAK02 wrote:
Like I said: retail GAMEMD fails to work properly (if at all) on todays' systems, including my own. I try to provide a fix for and be useful for once to YOU and I get this response.

Huh? Retail original GAMEMD works just fine for me, mine is even original CD version, not the later TFD etc versions and I run it on Windows 10 with ts-ddraw.dll and ARES of course and I have no problems at all... Only big issue was with the RA2/YR installer due to Microsoft's doings disabling Safedisc.

I have no idea what you need the specific XWIS version for honestly than potential stand-alone release in your thinking. Do what you want but frankly others don't see issue(s) you seem to see and if issue is quickexit alone, that is just subject to ARES fix than go get your fix from XWIS exe and risk all compatibility. I don't see why you for example not ask Olaf/XWIS guys to share their 'fixes(?)' so ARES could also implement these making the support more diverse without everyone having to switch for this XWIS exe which bundles god only knows what extra causing potential conflicts with ARES. All I see is that your solution is, dump all other exes besides xwis, don't even try fix the others.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TAK02 wrote:
Don't get me wrong: I'm open to solutions to this problem. But so far only Graion has given me a possible solution: using the retail EXE he sent me.
But there's still the risk of it NOT working properly on newer systems, even with patches, a problem XWIS doesn't have.
Oh, and as long as this kind of problem(s) persist, I will NOT let up. Not until someone else who's more reliable than I ever could hope to be gets to work.
And so far, I've yet to see anything from you folks to fix this.
So no: I'll not stop. Even if it takes me years to understand what I'm dealing with, I'll still try. Do NOT try to stop me.

Then please go and die in a fire, you idiot.

I gave that retail exe for the sole reason to shut you the hell up, for fucks sake. I even told you that, you overgrown amoebae (and I feel to excuse to the amoebae). XWIS ain't better than what Ares + CnCNet5 ddraws can achieve. I also don't think that it has better support. For all I know, it could as well open a security hole through the system it includes for the XWIS cheatprotection.

Retail YR always worked for everyone. Hell, Microsoft even provided compatibility fixes for the retail gamemd in one of the patches. Sure, the installer might be broken, but copying over installed folders (or using retail gamemd on the XWIS installation) sidesteps that issue since only Mixer's using the registry and it's not needed for the game to function.

Glad I got fed up from Kerbiter's server, because I don't need to see your arrogant and retarded messages. Because that's all you are - an arrogant retard who have no idea what is he talking about, but feels entitled to boast about it.

You want to be useful? Leave this community, we already wasted more of our time than what you ever will deserve.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Graion, I am so sorry, but you will be suspended again to relax and cool down a bit. I'll try to unban you in 3 days.

Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon