:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Do you want to advertise at Project Perfect Mod. Find out how to do it HERE.

The time now is Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:21 am
All times are UTC + 0
 Forum index » Modding Central » Red Alert 2 Editing Forum
A few questions which confuse me
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] View previous topic :: View next topic
mtkii
Civilian

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:37 am    Post subject:  A few questions which confuse me Reply with quote

Hi all,

I've been modding YR for a few years now, but I've never been active on PPM (or any other modding sites, in fact). Recently, I've felt the urge to start a (private) mod again, but I ran into a few coding issues. I just can't find the solution by myself, and I haven't found answer on any forums, so here I am asking you for help.

1. I have a missile launcher unit (using Ares custom missile) with a turret (essentially Generals's Tomahawk Launcher). Everything works fine, however the missile seems to me fired from the base of the voxel, and not the turret itself. Here is the code from rulemd.ini and artmd.ini :

Code:

[TOMA]
UIName=NOSTR:Arthemis Launcher
Name=Arthemis Launcher
Prerequisite=GAWEAP,RADAR
Primary=TomaLauncher
CanPassiveAquire=no ; Won't try to pick up own targets
Spawns=TOMAMISSILE
SpawnsNumber=1
SpawnRegenRate=120
SpawnReloadRate=0
Strength=250
Category=AFV
Armor=heavy
Turret=yes
IsTilter=yes
Crusher=yes
TooBigToFitUnderBridge=false
TechLevel=4
Sight=8
Speed=5
CrateGoodie=no
Owner=British,French,Germans,Americans,Alliance
RequiredHouses=Americans
AllowedToStartInMultiplayer=no
Cost=1200
Soylent=600
Points=25
ROT=3
IsSelectableCombatant=yes
Explosion=TWLT070,S_BANG48,S_BRNL58,S_CLSN58,S_TUMU60
VoiceSelect=ArthemisSelect
VoiceMove=ArthemisMove
VoiceAttack=ArthemisAttack
VoiceFeedback=
DieSound=GenVehicleDie
MoveSound=GrizzlyTankMoveStart
CrushSound=TankCrush
MaxDebris=2
Locomotor={4A582741-9839-11d1-B709-00A024DDAFD1}
MovementZone=Normal
ThreatPosed=15   ; This value MUST be 0 for all building addons
DamageParticleSystems=SparkSys,SmallGreySSys
VeteranAbilities=STRONGER,FIREPOWER,SIGHT,FASTER
EliteAbilities=SELF_HEAL,STRONGER,FIREPOWER,ROF
Accelerates=false
ImmuneToVeins=yes
Size=3
OpportunityFire=yes

[TOMA]   ; Arthemis Launcher
Voxel=yes
Remapable=yes
Cameo=TOMAICON
AltCameo=TOMAUICO
PrimaryFireFLH=-100,-90,20
TurretOffset=-60

I was wondering... can a unit with missile launcher logic have a turret at all? If so, which tag should I look for?

2. I'm mind boggled by this one... So I have a RA3 Twinblade unit, which I animated myself (I can't do proper voxel so... yeah, I pieced together some other voxel's section). In the HVA Editor and in VoxelViewer, everything looks fine. The section's position are perfect and the 2 frame animation works. Strangely, in-game, the right rotor is replaced by a copy of the first section of the voxel (the chopper body). When I look in the Voxel Editor, the section is a rotor indeed... I have no idea why the voxel acts this way in-game only. I tried to remove the tail's rotor, thinking that maybe the voxel had to many section, but it did not change a thing. I've put some image of the unit in-game and in VoxelViewer at the end of the tread.

Can anybody tell me what is causing this? Are there any tags that can prevent this voxel's section behavior? I won't paste the code here, since it's the Siege Chopper's one for the moment.

3. So I've started using Ares for the first time. I feel like I really don't understand the new AttachEffect logic. I want to have an infantry that buff surrounding units, but I can't for the hell of me make it work. I've tried to put the AttachEffect tags ont the unit itself, then tried to make it fire a areaeffect weapon around itself (based on the PsiWave weapon), but nothing works. What am I missing here?

Code:

[BORIS]
UIName=NOSTR:Soviet Komissar
Name=Boris
Image=SOFFICER
Category=Soldier
Prerequisite=NAHAND,NATECH
Primary=SovietMorale
CanPassiveAquire=yes
Secondary=Flare
OpenTransportWeapon=0;defaults to -1 (decide normally)  What weapon should I use in a Battle Fortress
NavalTargeting=4
LeadershipRating=8
Assaulter=no ; I clear out UC buildings
CrushSound=InfantrySquish
Crushable=no
TiberiumProof=yes
Strength=300
Armor=flak
TechLevel=9
Pip=red
Sight=9
Speed=5
Owner=Russians,Confederation,Africans,Arabs
AllowedToStartInMultiplayer=no
Cost=1500
Soylent=750
Points=50
IsSelectableCombatant=yes
VoiceSelect=KomissarSelect
VoiceMove=KomissarMove
VoiceAttack=KomissarAttack
VoiceFeedback=KomissarFear
VoiceSecondaryWeaponAttack=KomissarAttack
;DieSound=BorisDie
CreateSound=KomissarCreated
EnterWaterSound=TanyaEntersWater
LeaveWaterSound=TanyaLeavesWater
Locomotor={4A582744-9839-11d1-B709-00A024DDAFD1}
PhysicalSize=1
MovementZone=Infantry
ThreatPosed=25   ; This value MUST be 0 for all building addons
SpecialThreatValue=1
ImmuneToVeins=yes
ImmuneToPsionics=yes
ImmuneToPsionicWeapons=no
VeteranAbilities=STRONGER,FIREPOWER,ROF,SIGHT,SCATTER
EliteAbilities=SELF_HEAL,STRONGER,FIREPOWER,ROF
Size=1
IFVMode=4
UseOwnName=false
AirstrikeTeam=2;
EliteAirstrikeTeam=4;
AirstrikeTeamType=BPLN
EliteAirstrikeTeamType=BPLN
AirstrikeRechargeTime=100;500
EliteAirstrikeRechargeTime=50;250
SelfHealing=yes

[SovietMorale]
Damage=0
Range=1
ROF=45
Projectile=Psychic
Speed=1
Warhead=SovietMoraleWH
AreaFire=yes ; just shoot straight at ground under feet
PenetratesBunker=yes
OmniFire=yes

[SovietMoraleWH]
CellSpread=3
PercentAtMax=1
Verses=100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,0%,0%,0%,0%,0%
InfDeath=1
AffectsAllies=yes
AffectsEnemies=no
Malicious=no
AttachEffect.Animation=SOVRING
AttachEffect.Duration=150
AttachEffect.FirepowerMultiplier=1.5
AttachEffect.ArmorMultiplier=1.5
AttachEffect.PenetratesIronCurtain=yes
AttachEffect.AnimResetOnApply=yes
AttachEffect.Cumulative=no

4. Finally, how can I make a unit fire it's Primary= and Secondary= at the same time, with independant ROF? From what I've read, Ares can make it happen using Ammo= directly on the weapons, but I have not been able to use this logic.

That is all (for the time being, at least). Thank you very much.

m96f_000.gif
 Description:
In VoxelViewer...
 Filesize:  604.08 KB
 Viewed:  536 Time(s)

m96f_000.gif

SCRN.20180711-171311-00869.png
 Description:
In-game...
 Filesize:  1020.2 KB
 Viewed:  536 Time(s)

SCRN.20180711-171311-00869.png

Flaguna
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep in mind that Im no experienced modder, so dont take my guesses too seriously.

1 - Basically, the game engine doesnt understand spawner and turreted vehicles, it messes things up because of the XXXwo thing. See the Destroyer for example.

2 - I think both blades have the same name on VXLSE? I really dont know

3 - My guess is that the weapon damage needs to be atleast 1 for it to work properly (aka dummy weapon)

4 - https://ppmforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=45125 you should try this

G-E
General

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Units are allocated one extra memory slot which gets used for all alternative art, thus you can't have 2 features that each need alternate art.

The best HVA Builder (in my opinion) is Stucuck's WIP7, the unofficial build before Banshee added most of the same features to the main tree. It has perfect pixel offsets and scaling.

Also keep in mind a dual rotor setup like you have will likely (as evidenced by screenshot) create the overlapping body bug. The game engine renders whichever section is closest to the viewer at any frame on top of all the others, even if the others are still kept in hierarchical order, this happens with all animated voxels. You should consider a single rotor version which extends past the front of the unit and most of the way to the tail to minimize the overlap bug.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The twinblade problem is caused by bad index numbering in the header. In VXLSE press Ctrl+H to open the header & check that all the sections have there own unique number & that they are in the correct order.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
mtkii
Civilian

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Basically, the game engine doesnt understand spawner and turreted vehicles, it messes things up because of the XXXwo thing. See the Destroyer for example.

That's a shame. I'll put the turret on the body part then.

Quote:
The twinblade problem is caused by bad index numbering in the header. In VXLSE press Ctrl+H to open the header & check that all the sections have there own unique number & that they are in the correct order.

That worked like a charm! I went and checked if the section's names had anything to do with it, like Flaguna suggested, then realised that the section had the same index number as the chopper body. I guess the lesson here is check your index number when piecing together multiple section into one voxel.

Quote:
My guess is that the weapon damage needs to be atleast 1 for it to work properly (aka dummy weapon)

Still, it's not working (the unit refuses to fire). Is there anywhere I can find more information about AttachEffect than Ares Documentation and PPM?

Quote:
https://ppmforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=45125 you should try this

It works perfectly... with a non Burst= weapon... The problem I'm running into is that my double barreled Mammoth Tank fires all of its ammo, then when the first ammo reload, it fires once and is depleted until the next reload occur, which prevent the whole Burst= tag on the weapon. I've tried replacing the ROF of "Reload=" with "EmptyReload=" to give it a delay and a reload time of 0, but it still does not work.

Code:

[APOC]
Ammo=4
InitialAmmo=4
Reload=0
EmptyReload=80
NoAmmoWeapon=1

[120mmx]
ROF=0
Ammo=2

Well thank to all of you for your help!

Flaguna
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uuuhh... I know there is a way to control the weapon usage, but I don't remember right now... I must check on my codes later when e get to my pc.

About the aura, Try using InvisibleAll as projectile, I think it has something to do with this.

cxtian39
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha saw my code
I believe I forgot to add ReloadAmonut=4

mtkii
Civilian

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
About the aura, Try using InvisibleAll as projectile, I think it has something to do with this.

It seems it was "AreaFire=yes" that was causing problems. Modenc reads :

Quote:
Due to the way the logic is handled, infantry can use such weapons only as their deploy weapon. Otherwise, they will not fire it at all.

So yeah... I made it a deployable weapon, added a few lines in the infantry sequence and everything works fine now (or at least almost everything... a new problem arose with the AttachEffect.Animation, but that's an other matter).

Quote:
Haha saw my code
I believe I forgot to add ReloadAmonut=4

Well that'll solve the problem... I made it work using a mix of "Reload=" and "EmptyReload=" to emulate the Burst delay, but it suddently stopped working with units using "BallisticScatter.Min=" and "BallisticScatter.Max=" for unknown reason (or maybe bad coding on my part elsewhere).

---

But while on the subject, I have one more question about the AttachEffect.Animation. The animation used works fine, but only looks good on infantry, since it is placed under the unit and vehicle hide it almost entirely. I tried resizing it and after a test it looked good on vehicle, but it was a mess on infantry using a same cell.

So I tried to find a way to make vehicle use a different animation, but that would require two different warhead for the same weapon (one affecting only infantry, the other affecting only vehicle). I tried having a dummy Anim= on the weapon that would have a different warhead, but I don't think AttachEffect works very well with animation warhead...

To give you an idea of what I try to do with the animation, I linked a screenshot.

Again, thank everyone.

SCRN.20180714-003946-00359.png
 Description:
AttachEffect in action
 Filesize:  1.06 MB
 Viewed:  384 Time(s)

SCRN.20180714-003946-00359.png

Flaguna
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In this case, it's better (and easier) for the attached effect be next to the healh bar, just like MO "commando" little skull icons. This would (kinda) fix the problem while stioll working the way you like. What do you think?

mtkii
Civilian

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not so sure I would like it... I'll try something else and see how it goes.

Flaguna
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I got a solution to your problem. Try Airburst weapon:

[MainWeapon]
Damage=1
Warhead=InfantryBoostWH
Airburst=yes
AirburstWeapon=SecondWeapon
Range=-2

[SecondWeapon]
Damage=1
Warhead=VehicleBoostWH
Range=-2...

[InfantryBoostWH]
CellSpread=4 (at your choice)
PercentAtMax=1
Verses=100%,100%,100%,0%... (none,flak,plate)
AttachEffect.Anim=INFAURA

[VehicleBoostWH]
CellSpread=4 (at your choice)
PercentAtMax=1
Verses=...100%,100%,100%,... (light,medium,heavy, special_1 for drones perhaps?)
AttachEffect.Anim=ARMORAURA

You might need to experiment with the tags here to fit your choices. Also, take not this was written without me consulting my codes, so something might me wrong.

Alternatively, you can use ShrapnelWeapon, wich allows you to select an (teorically) infinite amount of unit to be affected using ShrapnelCount=X, wich, in my honest opinion, works better. Hope this helps

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Modding Central » Red Alert 2 Editing Forum
Jump to:  
Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon