Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:18 am
All times are UTC + 0
Annoying pink/purple discolouration in voxels
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Lee3y
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:28 am    Post subject:  Annoying pink/purple discolouration in voxels Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Greetings fellow modders, I am close to finishing my mod, and one thing I would like to address on some of the voxels is the annoying pink/purple discolouration. I try with varying degrees of success to change the colours in the voxel editor, and even by changing the texture colours in Paint, which is very time consuming and often doesn't fully resolve the issue. I've heard of the colour replace feature which I attempted to use, but it didn't seem to work. Any advice?

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The color replace is a bit... unusual.
Instead of replaceing one color, it reads what colors to replace with which using a list.

When you do color replace, there should be an "Add" button. When you select the two colors (the first replaced by the latter), hit "Add", and the conversion/replacement is added to the 'recolor-list'.

Also, there should be something under "Schemes" that goes "Kill (something) colors". Use that to get rid of theater specific colors.

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
Virgil
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Guess there are some voxels using colors between 240(or something close to that)~255 and that's where the weird pink come from.no idea about the purple one.
Use View-Spectrum-Show used colors/Normals to check it out,and replace those colors with another one,if any.

Lee3y
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TAK02 wrote:
The color replace is a bit... unusual.
Instead of replaceing one color, it reads what colors to replace with which using a list.

When you do color replace, there should be an "Add" button. When you select the two colors (the first replaced by the latter), hit "Add", and the conversion/replacement is added to the 'recolor-list'.

Also, there should be something under "Schemes" that goes "Kill (something) colors". Use that to get rid of theater specific colors.

Thanks for the replies guys, TAK02 you hit the nail on the head, I managed to do exactly as you described and it worked! Very counter-intuitive the feature is in my opinion. Now I'm pleased to say I have managed to sort out some of the impurities that were letting a few of the models down!

*Resolved!*

Smile

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lee3y wrote:
Very counter-intuitive the feature is in my opinion.
Not really, as VXLSE3 was made for... pros?
In any case, having a list replace is good, but maybe something along the lines of: "if list is empty, then do pre-specified color-replace" should/could be added.

But that'll have to be chalked up to Banshee.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon