Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:15 am
All times are UTC + 0
Yuri's Fuel Processor
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, OpenRA Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [18 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Nooze
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:37 pm    Post subject:  Yuri's Fuel Processor Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Something I did as a little practice using Blender. My first public-worthy structure, woo!
I suck at converting palettes and I'm lazy so I left the frames as they are for someone else to mess with. It also allows better customization for those who want to use it for CnP-stuff.
It can be used as a power plant of some sort too. There is empty cameo for that purpose in the rar-file.

Please don't forget to credit.

yfp_1.png
 Description:
Yuri's Fuel Processor Cameo
 Filesize:  9.76 KB
 Viewed:  10564 Time(s)

yfp_1.png

ygfprc.rar
 Description:
Yuri's Fuel Processor

Download
 Filename:  ygfprc.rar
 Filesize:  583.19 KB
 Downloaded:  578 Time(s)

Nooze
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And here's ingame sprite preview.

ygfprc-prw.png
 Description:
Preview
 Filesize:  27.75 KB
 Viewed:  10545 Time(s)

ygfprc-prw.png

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lighting and texturing on the main building are quite good.
However the smokestacks look like they have no lighting at all, since the left side facing towards the sun is as bright as the right side facing away from it.
I think this is because of the high reflection/mirror material used on them. Since there is no surrounding environment that could be reflected, it's mostly just a plain bright color, which in turn ruins the lighting on them.

On the brick texture you should try to get the proportions better in future models. The bricks look very big here (almost like big sandbags due to the round strong bumpmap), which makes the building seem smaller than it is. Other small details like windows and doors can help to get an impression of size as well. Maybe also check some original buildings for recurring small details that you could incorporate (e.g. small oil barrels, crates etc). Then the building would match better to original buildings and you would have something to realize the dimension/size of the building.
Your small pipes on the side are an excellent example for such small details.

The damage frames are really well done. Something which most people miss to make on their first SHP projects and which is harder than it seems. Yet a necessary step for a really useable and complete SHP.
Good job on these

Buildup is ok too. Even though i'm not a fan of the unrealistic "raise the complete buildingpart out of the ground" method, the animation is smooth and has a good complexity.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Nooze
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've done plenty of stuff before this, it's just the first thing I decided to post publicly. Been working on stuff for Mental Omega for almost a year now (and some of that stuff is true horror). Despite that, I'm still learning new things. I'm also bit unfamiliar of how to use forums like these.

I had difficulty achieving a specific look I wanted for the smokestacks, so I compromised. The brightness of them was partly deliberate, but in the end I just lost interest. I wanted them to have a metallic reflective look but still contain the shape, but as it's clear it didn't go too well.

I tried many things with the bricks. Due to the lighting setting I had, that result was the closest I was able to get. Otherwise it would've been too sharp and dark. Some of the original RA2YR brick walls are relatively close to how I did though. What comes to the small details, I left most out due to the lack of space. I didn't want it to get too crowded. The design of the building is remake of an existing shp with a yurified twist. And because it was just a small quick thing done in few hours, I didn't think of it too deeply.

The damaged frame was probably one of the easiest thing to do. I messed about with the 3d model a bit and drew over the render in photoshop.

I made the buildup animation rather quickly, didn't spend too much time on separating bits and pieces and figuring out how they should move around. I kept it simple but interesting enough to be usable.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Not sure how to set this in Blender, but if you want a better reflection i would suggest adding some big obstacles around the building and then make them invisible for the camera.
In 3ds max you can set objects invisible to camera, but visible to reflection, shadowing and lighting.

A big sphere with some nice landscape texture around the entire scene could work well too. Then the smokestacks actually have something to reflect.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

BySc
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very nice work thanks.

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This was done in blender? I really need to give that a bash some time, 3ds Max is way too expensive for what I'd use it for.

"zlixine"

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very impressive I really hate blender I can't work on it but it look darker in shp builder P.S. I thought that this is shp topic you must convert it to shp anyway the smokestacks unreal in fact it must be more like black not white don't forget co2 produced from fuel contain carbon "coal" which is black not white and also there must be no reflection on the smoke tower remember it is usually brick or iron painted white or black.

FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very Westwood. I approve of this message.

Steam

Nooze
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Darkstorm wrote:
This was done in blender? I really need to give that a bash some time, 3ds Max is way too expensive for what I'd use it for.

When I'm comfortable with it, I'll share my Blender template with the public. It's pretty powerful already but it has it's problems. I might also include some of the textures I use and few tips in how I do things.

Blender, being free and all, isn't exactly a beginner friendly program but there is plenty of excellent tutorials to it in Youtube. I suggest Andrew Price's superb videos to get the basics down.

Zengar_Zombolt
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nooze wrote:
Darkstorm wrote:

When I'm comfortable with it, I'll share my Blender template with the public. It's pretty powerful already but it has it's problems. I might also include some of the textures I use and few tips in how I do things.

Blender, being free and all, isn't exactly a beginner friendly program but there is plenty of excellent tutorials to it in Youtube. I suggest Andrew Price's superb videos to get the basics down.

I may get back in 2dCnC modding with a nice blender tutorial ;P

gJ with the building, but it kinda looks like the Adv. Power plant from RA1, wonder were Yuri got them...Hmmm...

There is Nothing I can not Cut!

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I finished converting them...

I'll attempt the snow version later.

ygfprc.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  ygfprc.rar
 Filesize:  94.04 KB
 Downloaded:  220 Time(s)

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Zengar_Zombolt wrote:

gJ with the building, but it kinda looks like the Adv. Power plant from RA1, wonder were Yuri got them...Hmmm...

There's kind of a reason for that. #Tongue

Zero18
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh, I have to give a shot with creating structures  using blender.

Looks good except smoke stack 2hich is ehhh...

Zengar_Zombolt
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Darkstorm wrote:
Zengar_Zombolt wrote:

There's kind of a reason for that. #Tongue

Well, Now I know.

gj

There is Nothing I can not Cut!

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I didn't see this until today but DonutArnold left some Blender templates in a thread pinned up in the Media Hut. Not sure if you saw it or not, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's based on the RA PP, which itself is based on Battersea Powerstation if memory serves.

m7
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Decided to use this, but it didn't have snow frames. I'm a much braver modder than before, so I took a shot and tried my hand at making some. They're not great, but they'll work out in a pinch.

preview.png
 Description:
Damaged frame example
 Filesize:  17.16 KB
 Viewed:  6311 Time(s)

preview.png

yafprc.zip
 Description:
Snow frames!

Download
 Filename:  yafprc.zip
 Filesize:  105.67 KB
 Downloaded:  142 Time(s)

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [18 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!