Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:21 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Shattered Paradise has been released
Moderators: Nolt
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Nolt
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:01 pm    Post subject:  Shattered Paradise has been released Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

After around three years of work that included nine months of constant gameplay testing, we are finally in a situation to release a playable build of Shattered Paradise.

Due to the fact that the core Tiberian Sun mod for OpenRA has missing or incomplete features, Shattered Paradise was developed on top of it with employing workarounds or omitting the aforementioned core features. It has the goal to extend and improve upon the feel and gameplay of the original game and for that we used all the tools we had available. We’ve added more playable factions, reworked many units and sacrificed a few of the original niche aspects.

I want to stress this to anyone interested in the project: we did not aim to replicate everything featured in Tiberian Sun to the letter. We love the original game, we’ve improved what we could improve and axed what we felt was harmful. It’s our own rendition of the Tiberium Universe, Also, I want to make it very clear that the decisions we’ve taken are not the responsibility of the OpenRA crew.

Having mentioned that, here is the link to the Shattered Paradise discord server where you can join our player base. https://discordapp.com/invite/hk428Wk The download link of the latest build of the game also can be found there https://www.moddb.com/mods/shattered-paradise.

Moreover, for now our efforts are still focused only on the multiplayer aspect of the game as our resources are currently limited.

Creator of Shattered Paradise .
ORA Discord https://discordapp.com/invite/tuhp9m6 , SP Discord https://discord.gg/hk428Wk

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

After waiting for long, finally released Very Happy

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Congratulation on the release Very Happy

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

oh yeah, very nice. Glad to see another new big mod for OpenRA.

Gonna have to try this one asap (if only i have more free time dammit).
This will also help me evaluate how far the TS part progressed and how far away OpenRA is from supporting an OpenDTA or OpenTI.

Many thanks for this.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Nolt
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thx guys.

Well on that topic LKO, mind you that we axed a lot of features from the vanilla TS and added other stuff that were never meant to happen (mind control, radiation, etc), i have a faq file on the download link on moddb (thanks moddb for hiding it lol), there i have a small overview of what we wont include on this mod and what isnt on ORA TS yet.

ORA Discord https://discordapp.com/invite/tuhp9m6 , SP Discord https://discord.gg/hk428Wk

blubb
General

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

crashes right on startup for me, and i don't find any solution.

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

blubb
General

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

nah uninstalled, sorry im not willing to fumble around until it works, i have no time or patience nowadays really...maybe another time

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Without logs or telling what version you used, we can't really help out tbh.

The game needs an OpenGL 2.1-compatible GPU and a valid sound output. It can crash at startup if the sound output is garbled.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
blubb
General

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

never had problems wqith openra, just with this, sorry, if its not as plug and play for me as openra is, its not worth fumbling, dont have any logs anymore

Hydraw Art on Facebook

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Works for me, win7 x64, ati r9 280...

Nolt
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Try this self compiled version, if it doesnt run by double clicking on launch-game.cmd and typing sp afterwards, then it wont run, link.

OpenRA remains being plug and play, and getting the version to work is relatively quickly if you are on windows. I have noticed that the installer doesnt work always, in those specific cases I suggest to follow the faq, test if the winportable version works, and then try compiling a build yourself if it doesnt (the link I posted already has a compiled version that should run).

I will delete this file in one or two days as this will only cause confusion later on.

Edit: I edited the faq a bit, since it doesnt contain the link to the release page  with all the installers (I had posted them on discord and moddb so I thought it was fine)

blubb
General

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thanks, ill give it a shot Edit: works for me now

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Matthias M.
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for being so bold and making a Tiberian Sun OpenRA release. The amount of custom content is really spectacular.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon