Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:26 pm
All times are UTC + 0
1st Previews of new mod; New Horizons
Moderators: Generals Moderators, Global Moderators, OpenRA Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Lee3y
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:25 pm    Post subject:  1st Previews of new mod; New Horizons Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My first screenshot releases prior to the release of the mod, the 1st public appearance!

Showing some instances of the Soviet faction.

SCRN.20180812-180806-00467PNG.png
 Description:
Some items on screen; T-14 Armata, T-90M, BMP 2, T-72...
 Filesize:  499.07 KB
 Viewed:  4097 Time(s)

SCRN.20180812-180806-00467PNG.png

SCRN.20180812-180343-00315.png
 Description:
Some items on screen; 96L6E Mobile radar, S-300 Air defence complex, Mi-24 gunship, Mi-28 Attack Helicopter, Airfields, Coastal gun...
 Filesize:  474.17 KB
 Viewed:  4097 Time(s)

SCRN.20180812-180343-00315.png

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Holy moly!
I like the map.
Mod-exclusive or public asset?

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Voxels are grainy, since I don't expect you to make a custom VPL I suggest smoothing out the features so there are less single-pixel wide details. You can also improve the voxel appearance on the maps, the lighting is too harsh, try setting the ambient level to 0.9000000 that usually helps.

TAK02 wrote:
Holy moly!
I like the map.

It's a map of europe nothing special, terrain can't do it justice anyway.

Lee3y
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TAK02 wrote:
Holy moly!
I like the map.

Hi TAK02, this is actually one of the few maps I've done work on. Originally I downloaded a template, but have since expanded (increased it's size), reshaped, and added a shitload to it (including structures for certain start positions reflecting the country started in.

Once the mod is released, consider it public asset. Wink

Lee3y
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

G-E wrote:
Voxels are grainy, since I don't expect you to make a custom VPL I suggest smoothing out the features so there are less single-pixel wide details. You can also improve the voxel appearance on the maps, the lighting is too harsh, try setting the ambient level to 0.9000000 that usually helps.

TAK02 wrote:
Holy moly!
I like the map.

It's a map of europe nothing special, terrain can't do it justice anyway.

Hi G-E, the lighting is left at standard settings. Although I may consider checking the difference.

The terrain is also the standard game's terrain.

I don't know what is VPL, I'm not so great with acronyms.

Lee3y
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A couple more screenshots which i didn't get a chance to upload the other day, from same game/map as last, and still sticking with the soviet faction:

SCRN.20180812-180935-00603png.png
 Description:
Some items on screen; A glimpse of the BMPT Terminator, and an Msta mobile artillery unit.
 Filesize:  513.12 KB
 Viewed:  4012 Time(s)

SCRN.20180812-180935-00603png.png

SCRN.20180812-181031-00859png.png
 Description:
Some items on screen; Soviet Advanced Radar Station, Communications intercept station, a Zubr, Admiral Kuznetsov Heavy Aircraft-Carrying Cruiser, Kirov Class Heavy Missile Cruiser...
 Filesize:  464.96 KB
 Viewed:  4012 Time(s)

SCRN.20180812-181031-00859png.png

Lee3y
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I will hopefully upload the mod tomorrow, collecting final pictures before release.

png3.png
 Description:
Some items on screen; Field Medics, F-35's, B-2 Bombers, and an A-10 Thunderbolt II...
 Filesize:  538.13 KB
 Viewed:  3878 Time(s)

png3.png

png2.png
 Description:
Some items on screen; Apache attack helicopter, shore cannon, Abrams tanks...
 Filesize:  446.22 KB

png2.png

png1.png
 Description:
Some items on screen; Allied Navy (plus a random flyover of another team's An-124), M270 MRLS, allied airfield with F117's, nuclear power plant, advanced aircraft research facility...
 Filesize:  463.65 KB

png1.png

Lee3y
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

final pics of allied faction

png5.png
 Description:
Some items on screen; Bradley APC's, K9 Thunder artillery...
 Filesize:  523.34 KB
 Viewed:  3873 Time(s)

png5.png

png4.png
 Description:
Some items on screen; Allied base featuring medical tent, field tent, gated wall, multiple transport solutions...
 Filesize:  521.84 KB
 Viewed:  3873 Time(s)

png4.png

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice, but I think too much identical stuff is cluttering the side-bar.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
RIAKTOR
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tanks bigger than buildings. This style isn't for C&C.

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wrong.

C&C was never a game with consistent scaling.

Lee3y
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TAK02 wrote:
Nice, but I think too much identical stuff is cluttering the side-bar.

Yes there is a reason for that, which you will discover soon Wink

Lee3y
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good news: New Horizons version 1.0 is Ready!

TAK02, I shall take up your offer and PM it to you later for your 2nd opinion on how it's packaged file-wise. I shall message you later today.

Everyone, I shall most likely make it publicly released within the next 24 hours.  Smile

Lee3y
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

*Update*: I took some great screenshots of the Yuri faction, but then i accidentally deleted the screenshots when i left the game hahah. No Yuri shots for the moment

Anyway, I've PM'd the mod to TAK02 for checking the files, and after that I shall commence public release.

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The way you call me out, it's like you want to put me in a bad place #Tongue

In any case, I must apologize in advance: not sure when I can get to it, might be longer than 24h if things get messy on my side.

I'll see what I can do.

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

RIAKTOR
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TAK02 wrote:
Wrong.

C&C was never a game with consistent scaling.

This isn't RA2 style. In RA2 units are small. Why in mods they have incongruous models?

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon