Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:12 am
All times are UTC + 0
Small Electric Ball Projectile
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, OpenRA Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:21 pm    Post subject:  Small Electric Ball Projectile Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Code:
[ELECTBALL]
Shadow=no
AnimPalette=yes
;Translucency=50
AnimLow = 0
AnimHigh = 29
AnimRate = 1
UseLineTrail=yes
LineTrailColor=168,220,212
LineTrailColorDecrement=20

Yuri's Revenge 2018-08-26 8_15_25.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  525.1 KB
 Viewed:  6719 Time(s)

Yuri's Revenge 2018-08-26 8_15_25.gif

electball.shp
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  electball.shp
 Filesize:  7.45 KB
 Downloaded:  664 Time(s)

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

pretty cool anim. Approved! How do you made it?

I think you want to set AnimHigh=20 as there are only frames 0-19
Maybe even AnimHigh=19, as i'm not sure if the specified frame is still rendered or not. On normal anims LoopEnd and End it is not, so 20 should be right.

I see RA2 has the same bug as TS, where Shadow=no still renders a shadow.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

BySc
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks cool, thanks.

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
pretty cool anim. Approved! How do you made it?

Maybe even AnimHigh=19, as i'm not sure if the specified frame is still rendered or not. On normal anims LoopEnd and End it is not, so 20 should be right.

Several segmented lines with Noise modifier on their vertices
Shadow=no on rules definition can prevent shadow

QQ??20180826101610.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  51.06 KB
 Viewed:  6672 Time(s)

QQ??20180826101610.png

Augusto
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Woah! Really Good work! You can make a animated flameball projectile?

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cxtian39 wrote:
Several segmented lines with Noise modifier on their vertices

ah in 3d, nice. how about giving the center sphere a slight pulsating effect by making it once bigger during the anim? (start/end 100%, in the middle 200% size)
You could then also use a Falloff map to have the outer sphere darker than the inner sphere, regardless from where you look with your camera on it.

Are you rotating the entire model or use a Noise modifier on the splines to animate the outer vertices of the splines?

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
how about giving the center sphere a slight pulsating effect by making it once bigger during the anim? (start/end 100%, in the middle 200% size)
You could then also use a Falloff map to have the outer sphere darker than the inner sphere, regardless from where you look with your camera on it.

Will try
Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
Are you rotating the entire model or use a Noise modifier on the splines to animate the outer vertices of the splines?
no rotating, just noising

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
Because doesn't the Shadow tag in art just tell the game whether the animation itself has shadow frames, whereas projectiles drawing a shadow on the ground is handled with a Shadow tag on the projectile code itself.

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OmegaBolt wrote:
Because doesn't the Shadow tag in art just tell the game whether the animation itself has shadow frames, whereas projectiles drawing a shadow on the ground is handled with a Shadow tag on the projectile code itself.
When rendering projectile and debris the game simply draws its shadow by turning every pixel to grey and the actual shadow frames are not used for shadow drawing. Shadow=yes/no in art definition seems to have no effect in this case.

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cxtian39, that was good job man. I like that projectile

PPM Halloween Season 2021

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:

AnimHigh should be 0-based as are all the other looping-related flags (incl. End) except LoopEnd. For whatever reason Westwood made LoopEnd 1-based.

Mr.Hymn
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank you very much. BTW anyone know the electric splash warhead anim like in the gif photo? I think I even seen one long ago but I can't find it and don't know its name. Also can I have the building please it's so good.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!