Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:33 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Canvas size change -> doubling overall voxel size
Moderators: stucuk
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:52 pm    Post subject:  Canvas size change -> doubling overall voxel size Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bug: After changing canvas size (even if it is only +1) it results in the voxel doubling in size.
ia m talking specificall not about the full resize feature.

Thank you

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for reporting this issue. I'll check it out as soon as I return working on VXLSE III (which is not my priority right now due to real life issues).

Ich-Henker
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I made the guest entry; i wish you the best with your real life tasks. Smile

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've resized voxels recently without anything like that happening.  

Version: 1.39.273

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Version 1.39.274
I have this issue since I installed it. When I change canvas, it doubles voxel or make it bigger anyway.

And it does that to any voxel I touch.

PPM Halloween Season 2021

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok, Banshee just told me that he is very busy in real life, but he will try to fix it as soon he can.

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't understand what your error is, it looks like it resets the zoom level ?

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah, no bug or error here.
It simply zooms into the now smaller voxel and shows the voxel a bit bigger.
Right click on the view or click on the magnifier icon and change your zoom level if you don't want it shown that big.

When doing a Resize Canvas CTRL+R, VSE always sets the zoom to 15x by default, regardless of the size of the voxel.
So just remember your zoom level before you resize the voxel and then set the zoom back after the resize.

vse_zoom.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  4.23 KB
 Viewed:  7104 Time(s)

vse_zoom.png

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I am 100% sure that once it changed size of model as well! So  I did it again and again to check and voxel itself was bigger! Point is that it was battle fortress remake, so I need to adjust for my needs. Then I use half canvas size, so changes to that half, then back canvas to normal size and to mirror from left to right. And it somehow made voxel bigger, not just zoomed view, but bigger in reality. And with previous versions, I always did it normally. When voxel got half from 44 to 22, I can back it again to 44 and to mirror normally, and voxel should be same size, 44. But somehow with this newer version, it made voxel much bigger as well.
here is one example

I am certain that this happened several times already. Maybe voxels are buggy. And plus  this thing which you showed me that it actually zooms view only, and I though that it was bug.
But even zoom, that did not happen before, because I am doing this for years, and since this new version of voxel editor I got this problem.

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

When you resize, you lose any shrinkage applied via bounds. I shrink 90% of my voxels so I encounter this all the time.

Unless the dots changed, which it doesn't appear they have in your image, there's no "bug" per se.

I did suggest to Banshee in the past to add a quick shrink option, a dropdown where you could chose 50/60/70/80/90% scale...

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

But I only resized canvas by half, I did not resize any bounds or anything. And if you compare those numbers it is not 10% difference but much more. And it goes all random. That means that I have to remember each numbers literraly before resize because it will end at its own way, so I need to additionally bring back those numbers manually. I do not think it is fixed number, that depends of voxel. I resized floating disk for testing and it did not mistaken much. Result was similar with original but not same numbers.
But again, I am confused because I did not notice this before. And yes, I was using it for years literally. And suddenly I am confused how it works.

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You should learn to shrink by standard amounts and then you can just multiply every value by .8 or something. Then use HVA Builder to center it, or do whatever voxel offsetting you need to.

So to recap, if you resize canvas, you will lose any shrinkage, and all values revert to 1:1 scale. If your voxel is already shrunk and you don't know by how much, go into the voxel header bounds tab in VXLSE, and record the current value and the value after you click calculate. Calculate the ratio, mutiply the post-resize values...

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

G-E, oh so this is how it works now.  Also, for resizing voxel, I am using hva builder as well, not just for voxel ofsettings.
And yes, I tested it, it really changes zoom, but point is default zoom was 7 here. After resize, when I go to magnifier tool, it still shows 7, but it is not 7, it was much bigger. When I click 7, then it becomes 7 again. That is bug definitively.

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yea and there are no more scrollbars when zoomed in on a wide or tall canvas anymore, which is even more important than the zoom resetting.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum