Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:02 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Crackdown [Yuri's Revenge] [2-4]
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
C0uCHP0t@t0
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:40 pm    Post subject:  Crackdown [Yuri's Revenge] [2-4]
Subject description: Yuri's Revenge custom map
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dear Red Alert 2/YR fans,
I am presenting you with a map, inspired from Red Alert 1 missions. Details are in ReadMe file. For problems, improvements, etc. send me a message.
Enjoy the map.

Yours sincerely
C0uCHP0t@t0

thumb_Crackdown.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  140.89 KB
 Viewed:  1655 Time(s)

thumb_Crackdown.jpg

crackdown.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  crackdown.zip
 Filesize:  164.7 KB
 Downloaded:  62 Time(s)

Last edited by C0uCHP0t@t0 on Wed May 13, 2020 7:57 am; edited 11 times in total

McPwny
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

heres your rendering. i see some neat stuff in the triggers section too though i havent played it.

Crackdown [Yuri's Revenge] [2-4].jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  247.22 KB
 Viewed:  2793 Time(s)

Crackdown [Yuri's Revenge] [2-4].jpg

C0uCHP0t@t0
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dear McPwny,
Thank you very much for the rendering. Some triggers were improved and some were added in last re-upload of the map, so expect some surprises. The map also works without problems in skirmish.

Enjoy the map.

Yours sincerely
C0uCHP0t@t0

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks pretty good, but I'd ditch the bottom bridge and just make land around the cliff edge. For example you can have ramps on either side of the water lead down to a thin strip of shore that connects both sides.

It would seem to make more sense (visually as well) to have a bridge at the top left instead of the crossing.

Virgil
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There are a few cliffs missing C34 pieces, i.e. the cliff left of that secret lab, between C14 and C5, where you put a tree there.
I personally don't like neutral army on a skirmish map, as they are not countered effectively by the game AI and can sometimes destroy everything they see when an apoc is there.
Except for things I metioned above, this is a good map. #Tongue

C0uCHP0t@t0
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dear Virgil,
Thank you for your reply. I have fixed those missing cliff pieces and removed Apocalypse tank. To be honest, I mistankely removed cliff pieces when I was doing finishing touches with the dark grass and have overlooked that when uploading the map.

Yours sincerely
CouCHP0t@t0

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon