Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:10 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Slim Laser Anim
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, OpenRA Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [18 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:57 am    Post subject:  Slim Laser Anim Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Made an laser anim mimicking original FLAMEGUY
Code:
[MLASER]
Tiled=yes
IsFlamingGuy=true
RunningFrames=6
LoopCount=-1
Rate=500
TrailerAnim=your_impact_land_anim
TrailerSeperation=2

Yuri's Revenge 2018-08-24 5_02_03.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  454.31 KB
 Viewed:  7978 Time(s)

Yuri's Revenge 2018-08-24 5_02_03.gif

mlaser.shp
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  mlaser.shp
 Filesize:  14.95 KB
 Downloaded:  407 Time(s)

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Noice!

Now we can have a Particle Cannon ala Generals!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice idea using IsFlamingGuy logic. Too bad it won't work well for any offensive damage dealing, since IsFlamingGuy doesn't move over other units/buildings and only on free cells.
In addition does IsFlamingGuy move directly to any water tile that is closer than about 10 tiles away. So no random movement near water.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Evil Allied's particle cannon testing field

Yuri's Revenge 2018-08-25 8_09_25.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.46 MB
 Viewed:  7887 Time(s)

Yuri's Revenge 2018-08-25 8_09_25.gif

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
Nice idea using IsFlamingGuy logic. Too bad it won't work well for any offensive damage dealing, since IsFlamingGuy doesn't move over other units/buildings and only on free cells.
In addition does IsFlamingGuy move directly to any water tile that is closer than about 10 tiles away. So no random movement near water.

There's no way that can be fixed by making the guy a JumpJet BalloonHover like the Rocketeer, right?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cxtian39 wrote:

Yeah, allied nations especially america are evil

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PussyPus wrote:
cxtian39 wrote:

Yeah, allied nations especially america are evil

...correct information, true, but wrong place, Puss.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TAK02 wrote:
There's no way that can be fixed by making the guy a JumpJet BalloonHover like the Rocketeer, right?

IsFlamingGuy is an animation type & not an infantry.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

haha! I never knew until now that there is such tag.
I always wonder how that flame death animation does that movement around. I just found it on ModEnc.
Guys, do you know more about it, ModEnc states that it should be used on death animations, but you are using it for more stuff without problems, right?

PPM Halloween Season 2021

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

IsFlamingGuy is simply a key that makes an anim
-move randomly around (with movement similar to an infantry, thus avoiding obstacles like other units or buildings)
-use facing specific art for the movement
-attracted by nearby water (will move directly towards it if in range)

Public SHPs

Tools

TRUEGRIT
Grenadier

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well, that's a brilliant idea but is it possible that we can use this SHP as an image for a projectile for an air burst

because I have an idea of giving a plane the logic of carpet bombing and to make its projectile air burst and the new projectile cant be a voxel as you know hence for I wanna  use the flaming guy logic in the air burst new projectile image

ofcourse with taking in mind this movement problem of the flaming guy

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

what? use punctuation and be a bit more precise what you actually wanna do
TRUEGRIT wrote:
well, that's a brilliant idea but is it possible that we can use this SHP as an image for a projectile for an air burst

the SHP is only a short blue line, so if you like a short blue line as projectile, then yes, you can use it as image for a projectile.

TRUEGRIT wrote:
because I have an idea of giving a plane the logic of carpet bombing and to make its projectile air burst and the new projectile cant be a voxel as you know

Of course can projectiles be voxel.
This has nothing to do with air burst and carpet bombing. Confused

TRUEGRIT wrote:
hence for I wanna  use the flaming guy logic in the air burst new projectile image

IsFlamingGuy is art.ini anim logic
Projectile is rules.ini logic using a projectile image.
You see the difference?

TRUEGRIT wrote:

no clue what this has to do with projectile, voxel, carpet bombing or air burst.

Do you want IsFlamingGuy logic for random area damage delivery?
AirBurst logic does that already for you. No reason to use IsFlamingGuy for this.

If you want to do carpet bombing, there are better ways like this

See DTA A10 Elite weapon.

Public SHPs

Tools

TRUEGRIT
Grenadier

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

1-It always crashed with me when I used a SHP projectile then airburst it into a VXL but never when vice versa

2-I thought that "IsFlamingGuy" is a Rule code not an Art  one so my bad sorry about that

3-I already made a carpet bombing with Dropping=yes but your one is WAAAAY TOO MUCH GOOD so I would be gratful if you gave me the codes cuz I dont get it How the bombing is a curved line while it must be a straight line like I have in RA2

4-I now understand that flaming guy has nothing to do with carpet bombing it just won't add any noticable thing but that the Infantry will catch fire when hit

5- My whole idea was about that I thought that if I used this IsFlamingGuy will give me a result like when you attach GasCloudSys to the projectile when it give's you this clouds randomly moving around in the enemy base so when I saw this SHP moving like the Generals Particle cannon I wonderd if attached it to an airburst with using IsFlamingGuy code, it would give me a random laser SHPs moving around destroying what it ever it hits, but none of this happened it just gave me an awkward scene of small short thin lines falling from the plane even when I gave the  projectile the code Drooping=no, I could hardly see the laser SHP after then

It was just crap.....and I'm sorry about my bad english writing I'm not good at using the punctuation

Thanks after all  LKO

Mr.Hymn
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have a little question for this. What if I want the next animation to be attached to this flamingguy?

Because it seems the next= and expireanim is ignored. Also animation damage, weapon and warhead is ignored

Currently I made a UFO dropping a cow and a cow is skittering around (flamingguy logic) but once it's done. It's disappeared. I want them to blow up.

Like this below photo

11fsdafsad.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  2.58 MB
 Viewed:  5306 Time(s)

11fsdafsad.gif

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ExpireAnim doesn't work? You can use Weapon= and Damage.Delay= on that animation I guess

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
IsFlamingGuy is simply a key that makes an anim
-move randomly around (with movement similar to an infantry, thus avoiding obstacles like other units or buildings)
-use facing specific art for the movement
-attracted by nearby water (will move directly towards it if in range)

This is so Westwood...
yes, Reaper's death anim is bugged, but we added check of water tile for FlamingGuy

Mr.Hymn
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cxtian39 wrote:
ExpireAnim doesn't work? You can use Weapon= and Damage.Delay= on that animation I guess

Also doesn't work. it doesn't fire a weapon at all. I let them ran over my base but nothing happened. I don't know why it's just a little, if next= or damage or weapon works. I would see the result already Sad

warhead=, damage=, expireanim or next= or damage.delay=. All doesn't work but I am using preimpactanim and animlist is working but the next explosion only appear on the target not the last location of the cow. I could use shp builder to add the explosion in but it useless since no damage can be done.

Mr.Hymn
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
what? use punctuation and be a bit more precise what you actually wanna do
TRUEGRIT wrote:

the SHP is only a short blue line, so if you like a short blue line as projectile, then yes, you can use it as image for a projectile.

TRUEGRIT wrote:
because I have an idea of giving a plane the logic of carpet bombing and to make its projectile air burst and the new projectile cant be a voxel as you know

Of course can projectiles be voxel.
This has nothing to do with air burst and carpet bombing. Confused

TRUEGRIT wrote:
hence for I wanna  use the flaming guy logic in the air burst new projectile image

IsFlamingGuy is art.ini anim logic
Projectile is rules.ini logic using a projectile image.
You see the difference?

TRUEGRIT wrote:

no clue what this has to do with projectile, voxel, carpet bombing or air burst.

Do you want IsFlamingGuy logic for random area damage delivery?
AirBurst logic does that already for you. No reason to use IsFlamingGuy for this.

If you want to do carpet bombing, there are better ways like this

See DTA A10 Elite weapon.

Do you mind for the code of this carpet bomb? because I made them but each bomb wil firing into 9 tiles at the same time it's unlike yours. I like yours very much.

Code:

[AirburstCarrier]
Damage=1 ; remember this weapon doesn't cause dmg to target
ROF=15 ; reload rate increase to make reload time longer and vice versa
Range=10 ; range of weapon
Projectile=Carry ; the projectile code holds the logic for Bomblet
Speed=100 ; movement speed of Carry if its got visual artwork (invisible image weapons are instant hit regardless of speed)
Warhead=CarryWH ; determines what it can target, what animation to play before
Report=MigAttack ;KirovAttack ; sound to play if any when firing the Carrier

[WarthogBomblet]
Damage=120
ROF=10
Range=10
Projectile=AirToGroundMissile ;GEF was AAHeatSeeker2 ; was HeatSeeker
Speed=70
Warhead=MIGWH
Report=MigAttack

[Carry]
High=yes
VeryHigh=yes
Proximity=yes
Ranged=yes
AA=no
;Cluster=3
Image=TOMALMIS ;image of Carrier ; use None if you want invisible image
;ROT=10 ; removed if using inviso image
Dropping=yes
Airburst=yes
AirburstWeapon=WarthogBomblet ;Bomblet ; If set, this projectile will fly over its target and detonate, firing 9 of these weapons down on and around the target. To work properly, the projectile also needs Airburst=yes. Those 9 shots will cover the 3x3 cell area centered on the target. This was used for the MultiMissile in TS. (ModEnc)
AirburstSpread=4
AroundTarget=no

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [18 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!