Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:36 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Airship Aircraft Carrier
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [21 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Alex_wyc
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:45 pm    Post subject:  Airship Aircraft Carrier Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello everyone, I was trying to get a blimp aircraft carrier because my Soviet fraction became too weak due to the tech upgrades of Chinese, Allies and Yuri's forces. But there's this funny thing, I let the blimp launch 3 hornets but they didn't took from the blimp, instead, they took off from the ground directly blow the blimp and after the bombing run, landed directly blow the blimp. The worst part is that they aren't reloaded either, nor is the blimp making new hornets. so I have to order my own forces destroy the hornets, then the blimp made new hornets and then initiate another attack. #Mad
I think there's something wrong with the movement zone of the hornets, but I don't know what to do. Help!

Zero18
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nope. I had same idea you but especially that I had in my mind is a massive aircraft armed with artillery and mini jets. But anyway, no it doesn't work. Because it is suppose to take off from naval carrier not from air carriers. Sorry to break it to you, it will not work. Its glitches.

Alex_wyc
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok, but will missile system like V3's work?

kenosis
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

just give your zep a dredlauncher and dmisl. really simple to know impossible.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
NimoStar
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes,
Westwood didn't program flying stuff to be able to launch spawn missile and aircraft. Really a shame.

I think there may be workarounds but it's very complicated...

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I requested long time ago here flying aircraft carrier ability for Ares, but still no respond from AlexB or Graion Dilach regarding this feature.
I rarely request something, that and color selection enhance, but it is more like bug fix than request.
I can't remember, it was last year.

I made some workaround for this, I may post soon tutorial if you want.

PPM Halloween Season 2021

Zero18
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MasterHaosis wrote:

I made some workaround for this, I may post soon tutorial if you want.

That would be great to create Air Aircraft Carrier tutorial for modders like me and other who wants to do that. Smile Do so please.

NimoStar
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have a bad way of doing it (a spawn missile flying unit) and I will explain it here badly:

*THIS REQUIRES ARES*

- Make a jumpjet vechicle

- Give it a weapon that does 1 damage
- Use a dummy warhead with 3% on all verses
(This is so it targets but doesn't damage)
- Weapon: Use an invisible projectile to only ground
- Weapon: Set Areafire, but with considerable range, so the weapon fires at a distance but only in the place of the aircraft.
- Warhead: Give it a custom animation
-- Art.ini  : Give the animation a MakeInfantry code and number
-- Rules.ini : Set that MakeInfantry number to a special custom infantry
-- Add it to the lists.

- Infantry: Make the infantry invisible. Give it an invisible parachute animation.
- Give it a missile spawn
- Missile: It must be one of the ones on the missile lists
- Use Omnifire on the invisible infantry's weapon.
- (Use all the controls you would use so a V3 weapon would work)
- Give it everything so it auto-fires to the intended targets of the weapon.
- Make it unselectable and so on.
- The weapon should be fired only once. And the infantry killed by doing it. (there are ways to do this besides "suicide")

- Art.ini  : Give the invisible infantry a working sequence, and use Primary and Secondary fire FLH... use the heigh control so it fires from the JumpjetHeight of the jumpjet missile unit. This way it looks like the primary unit is firing, since the infantry would be created immediately below.

ADVANTAGES: this should do it, firing of interceptable missiles from an "aircraft" (jumpjet)

DISADVANTAGES: Although thee weapon of the jumpjet would fire as targeted, etc, the spawned missiles of the intermediate-stage infantry would not follow this direction, and just fire at enemies according to threat scan and such,
In short, the unit would only choose targets as an AI would. But you can see this as a special effect #Tongue

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Zero18 wrote:

That would be great to create Air Aircraft Carrier tutorial for modders like me and other who wants to do that. Smile Do so please.

Yes, but problem is that aircraft must land anyway by deploy in order to launch planes from it. You can deploy him to stay in air and move, but planes must be launched when he is at ground.
However, that is better than nothing.
I used this method for my planetary assault carrier.

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Alex_wyc, NimoStar, Zero18,

Image1 - Planetary assault carrier
Image2 - Fire plasma weapon from air (blue explosion)
Image3 - Launching hornets from Land

You want that?

NimoStar
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Zero18
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MasterHaosis wrote:
Alex_wyc, NimoStar, Zero18,

Image1 - Planetary assault carrier
Image2 - Fire plasma weapon from air (blue explosion)
Image3 - Launching hornets from Land

You want that?

As far as I'm concerned. Players can abuse that logic if they deploy it to land on the ground just to avoid from having their enemy AA units chasing the air carriers...

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

But then it is worse for them because there are gorund units which can clash carriers at ground just like in case of Siege Chopper.
Aircraft units are much more safer in air because most of units shoot at ground, only few shoot at both ground in air. In favour of air units logically.
Second, even if players try to abuse that logic, spawner aircraft must be in air, so you jsut need AA to deal with them just like in case of aircraft carrier, so no problem at all.

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

NimoStar
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Saying having a carrier to land is giving it advantage against AA units is like saying bombers can evade AA fire by just landing #Tongue

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

NimoStar, no offense, but your logic seems to have less sense by day.
Let me prove it for you.
First off,
On 10 ground units there is one air unit.
You have, per Soviet
Units: Rhino Tank, War Miner, Flak Track, V3 Launcher, Terror Drone, Apocalypse, Tesla Tank, Demo Truck, Siege Chopper, Airship.
Infantry: Conscript, Terrorist, Crazy Ivan, Desolator, Flak Trooper, Tesla Trooper, Boris.

That is only Flak Track, Flak Trooper, Apocalypse and Siege Chopper (which has shitty damage) which shoot in air only.
That is 3 out of 17.
3 can shoot in air, 17 shoot in ground!

Ok lets move on Allies.
Units: Grizzly Tank, IFV, Mirage Tank, Battle Fortress, Prism Tank, Robot Tank, Tank Destroyer, Nighthawk, Harrier, Black Eagle.

Infantry: GI, GGI, Seal, Rocketeer, Chrono Legionaire, Tanya.

IFV, Battlefortress (when loaded) and Nighthawk (shitty damage) are units which shoot in air, GGI and Rocketeer infantry.
That is 5 out of  16. 5 units in total shoot in air, 16 in ground.

Ok, lets move on Yuri.
Units: Lasher Tank, Slave Miner, Gattling Tank, Chaos Drone, Magnetron, MasterMind, Floating Disc
Infantry: Initiate, Brute, Yuri Clone, Yuri Prime
Only Gattling Tank and FLoating Disc can shoot in air.
That is 2 out of 11.
2 units shoot in air, 11 shoot in ground.

So why the hell on world would you land your Aircraft to avoid AA when you have even more AG fire at you?
10 units in total shoot in air only, 44 shoot at ground (those who shoot in air shoot at ground too)!

Do not forget that AI is attacking you constantly and its on attack move which means that they will automatically attack your landed carriers each time Ai is about to attack you.
Again human player, that is even worse when you are on ground. Chrono legionaiers, Harrier/Black Eagle bombard, Mind control and such tactics agains you.
Also, why the hell is advantage over AA units when carrier launches aircrafts from it, whose are in air already? Proper AA units, and he will never touch you with aircrafts.
That was first off.

Second off, you compared BOMBER WITH AIRCRAFT CARRIER? AHAHAHAHAHAAAHAH!
That most stupid comparison I have ever seen.
tell me, what connection is between bomber and flying aircraft carrier except they both fly (obviously) ?
As far I know, bomber must reload ammo in airfield, carrier does not; bomber must fly directly above target to attack while carrier outranges even anti air defense. So what is connection between them? otherwise your comparison is pointless.

NimoStar
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My comment was based on Real Life. Saying bombers can evade AA by just landing is absurd as they are vulnerable on land. And was actually against what Zero  said that "deploying can be abused to counter AA fire". So it was actually in favor of your point (it's not very useful to deploy aircraft to land to "avoid fire"). But your weak English language skills mean you didn't appreciate the "irony". I hope I have made myself clear to your level of reading comprehension this time, ok?

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

NimoStar wrote:
My comment was based on Real Life.

So whats point on real life?
In reality there is no such thing as Aircraft Carrier in air.
In reality there is no mind control, Masterminds, floating discs, Magnetrons, teleportations, Siege choppers and such....

NimoStar wrote:
Saying bombers can evade AA by just landing is absurd as they are vulnerable on land. And was actually against what Zero  said that "deploying can be abused to counter AA fire". So it was actually in favor of your point (it's not very useful to deploy aircraft to land to "avoid fire").

But how the hell could I or anybody else understand this:

,,Saying having a carrier to land is giving it advantage against AA units is like saying bombers can evade AA fire by just landing" ?
How would I know if you were quoting Zero if you did not use quotation marks, instead that you replied directly at my own post?
You wrote that, I did not. I cannot imagine what you had in mind when wrote such comment. You did not quote Zero at least so I could see connection or some point. As you can see, I always quote texts, so people can see what I am replying at.

NimoStar wrote:
But your weak English language skills mean you didn't appreciate the "irony". I hope I have made myself clear to your level of reading comprehension this time, ok?

Your English is even worse than mine. Believe me.
Problem is that not only I have problem with understanding your ,,logic". Last week, as we have seen, you managed already to confuse ( or precisely said, annoy) few people with your brilliant logic.
People mostly understand me, broken English can be understood somehow, but broken logic hardly.
So when we (now I in this case) read your posts, I need to read carefully and try to understand what you wanted to say, yet again to decide if it was joke, irony, or something else.
So yes, I failed to understand your irony. I should be blamed to death by Yuri (well, that was joke obviously).

Chaotix000
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Super dead thread, I know. I was looking into doing this and I think I figured it out. I made a Kirov Carrier that spawns mini Migs. I left it basically as a copy from the ZEP but with some tags from CARRIER.

From ZEP I altered the JumpjetHeight from 750 to 650. It makes it a little lower than the normal Kirov then I added:

Spawns=whatever you want
SpawnsNumber=3
SpawnRegenRate=600
SpawnReloadRate=150
FireAngle=32
ToProtect=yes
Category=Support

I think the magic tag is the Category tag. It's normally set to AirPower so maybe since the spawning unit is now a support unit the hornets (or whatever you launch from it) will now land in your lower flying airship. The new hornets did try to land on the ground when the carrier was in motion but as long as it was still the hornets landed in (slightly under then disappeared) the airship.

Again, sorry to resurrect a dead thread but I thought some people would want to know.

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Chaotix000 wrote:
Super dead thread, I know. I was looking into doing this and I think I figured it out. I made a Kirov Carrier that spawns mini Migs. I left it basically as a copy from the ZEP but with some tags from CARRIER.

From ZEP I altered the JumpjetHeight from 750 to 650. It makes it a little lower than the normal Kirov then I added:

Spawns=whatever you want
SpawnsNumber=3
SpawnRegenRate=600
SpawnReloadRate=150
FireAngle=32
ToProtect=yes
Category=Support

I think the magic tag is the Category tag. It's normally set to AirPower so maybe since the spawning unit is now a support unit the hornets (or whatever you launch from it) will now land in your lower flying airship. The new hornets did try to land on the ground when the carrier was in motion but as long as it was still the hornets landed in (slightly under then disappeared) the airship.

Again, sorry to resurrect a dead thread but I thought some people would want to know.
Ares fixed that, you don't need any extra code

Chaotix000
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So you're saying I thought I found a fix and i didn't? Well damn. I am using Ares so I guess that's whats up.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [21 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon