Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:49 am
All times are UTC + 0
Post-2.0 thoughts
Moderators: Ares Support Team at PPM, Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [46 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
TAK02
General

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:08 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Noticed a bug with an older Ares, and can't confirmyet if it's been fixed with the last one:

It involves using TogglePower on a building with an ActiveAnim while you're out of / low on power before that building got placed.
Simply deactivating and then re-activating the building in question causes the ActiveAnim to play.
Nice way to decieve yourself and others, I say #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
iamaHUN
Civilian

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Alex, you did an amazing job again, thank you! Smile The most long-awaited feature for me was the unit transformation combined with veterancy.

Now I have a question about vehicles (IFV in this case).

I've made a change on the IFV, now it can disguise itself but not automatically like Mirage Tanks do. To achieve this, it has to have a spy in it, and its weapon changes to TankMakeupKit. If it's done, you'll have an attack cursor on any tree or rock, and you can disguise the IFV manually when you click on the target.

We know that if a disguised vehicle starts moving, the disguise will stop. Not like when I deploy the IFV, it remains disguised even if the spy isn't in it.

So the question is: Can we expect a tag in the future to stop disguise when a passenger exits from the disguised vehicle like the Japanese transport from RA3?

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

iamaHUN wrote:
Alex, you did an amazing job again, thank you! Smile The most long-awaited feature for me was the unit transformation combined with veterancy.

I've made a change on the IFV, now it can disguise itself but not automatically like Mirage Tanks do. To achieve this, it has to have a spy in it, and its weapon changes to TankMakeupKit. If it's done, you'll have an attack cursor on any tree or rock, and you can disguise the IFV manually when you click on the target.

We know that if a disguised vehicle starts moving, the disguise will stop. Not like when I deploy the IFV, it remains disguised even if the spy isn't in it.

So the question is: Can we expect a tag in the future to stop disguise when a passenger exits from the disguised vehicle like the Japanese transport from RA3?
I think the default behavior is better #Tongue Effectively turning the IFV into an AA mirage tank
If the IFV loses disguise on unload, it will be less useful (maybe not useful at all, a fake tree cannot attack is no different than a real tree)

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lightning Storm with different SW.Group values still can't activate at the same time Sad
So is it solely used for AI scripting?

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

iamaHUN wrote:

Thanks! Smile I can try to look into this for the next version. There's more in this area that could benefit from an overhaul anyhow.

cxtian39 wrote:
Lightning Storm with different SW.Group values still can't activate at the same time Sad

What gave you the impression that it does?

wiwimax
Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@AlexB:

Feature Request:
Swimming amphibious infantries (Seal, Tanya, etc) to be able to enter from water in amphibious and other water-only naval vehicles that have 'Passengers' string added to their rules code, and of course to be able to exit from them also in water.

Bug Report:
If the player with mind-control capture unit that is VEHICLE THIEF, and put it in NightHawk helicopter transport, after exiting from it captured VEHICLE THIEF is still movable and under control by the player but visual mind-control link doesn't exist anymore and when the VEHICLE THIEF is put in some vehicle that vehicle is not captured by the player who mind-controls the VEHICLE THIEF, but it is captured from the original owner of the VEHICLE THIEF.

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

wiwimax wrote:
Swimming amphibious infantries (Seal, Tanya, etc) to be able to enter from water in amphibious and other water-only naval vehicles that have 'Passengers' string added to their rules code, and of course to be able to exit from them also in water.

Currently (I think) some people use Infantry as InitialPayload whose MovementZone is "invalid" as Passengers for Amphibious Transports that have multiple weapons.
(Infantry in InitialPayload have MovementZone and SpeedType set so they can't pass land, only water which in turn no transport can currently unload on)

Your feature request would break that exploit.
Unless there's a way to tell the game explicitly what InfantryTypes are not allowed to be ejected even when their MovementZone and SpeedType conditions are met...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
Starkku
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There's Ares feature that disables passenger unloading altogether so relying on exploits like that wouldn't be necessary in the first place.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Twitter Channel URL
TAK02
General

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Starkku wrote:
There's Ares feature that disables passenger unloading altogether so relying on exploits like that wouldn't be necessary in the first place.

"Passengers for Amphibious Transports that have multiple weapons"
In other words, those exploit are very much necessary.

wiwimax
Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You are right about braking logic with Amphibious Transports, but when we are talking about water-only / naval-only vehicles, only SEAL and Tanya as infantries who are amphibious from realistic point of view can enter in submarine or in ship and unload from them.

So if there is logic this units can enter in water/navy only vehicles and nothing will brake.

Actually will be quite fun if jumpjet infantry can land on ship and when player unload the ship, jumpjet to take off from the ship.

Also this passengers similar as pilot and passengers case from airplanes to be able to be saved (get-out) from destroyed submarine/ship or in the case with jumpjet, that unit(s) to take off from destroyed ship.

KALAPS S8
Grenadier

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey, AttachEffect no option hides in enemy ?

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AlexB wrote:
cxtian39 wrote:

Ares Documentation wrote:
[SuperWeapon]?SW.Group= (integer)
   Distinguish multiple super weapons of the same type. Defaults to 0.

This is kind of vague. Without further information it's hard to interpret what it actually does. So I thought it may distinguish different lightning storms.

WoodleMyNoodle
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Would it be possible to make a unit "unmovable"?
For example:
-Unmovable=true
or
-PreventMoveCommand=true

-> Changes cursor to select cursor instead of move cursor, thus you can't give move commands.

I know it sounds weird, but combining this with the convert.deploy, allows you to bypass the issue with units not being able to deploy on slopes.
And bypass other issues that simpledeployer gives.

Currently, without this, the unit tries to move towards the position you clicked whilst deployed, hence it will move 1pixel and deploy upon deploy command towards where you told it to move by accident.

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm just throwing this out there, but wouldn't Speed=0 work?

Starkku
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

4StarGeneral wrote:

Nope, this still allows you to give movement orders to the units, but since they cannot properly move they instead get 'stuck' in trying to move so things like (un)deploying become impossible afterwards.

There's no workaround for this that does not come with a number of issues.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Twitter Channel URL
cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Starkku wrote:
4StarGeneral wrote:

Nope, this still allows you to give movement orders to the units, but since they cannot properly move they instead get 'stuck' in trying to move so things like (un)deploying become impossible afterwards.

There's no workaround for this that does not come with a number of issues.
Spawned=yes + Speed=0 work.
Can't move and can't take move command.

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Units might get stuck if pathfinding sees the deployed unit as a blocked cell that could be pushed out of the way. I'm not sure what the best solution would be. Allowing to deploy a unit into a building even on slopes might open a can of worms.

cxtian39 wrote:
AlexB wrote:
cxtian39 wrote:

Ares Documentation wrote:
[SuperWeapon]?SW.Group= (integer)
   Distinguish multiple super weapons of the same type. Defaults to 0.

This is kind of vague. Without further information it's hard to interpret what it actually does. So I thought it may distinguish different lightning storms.

Fair enough. Sorry for my condescending response. I concur that SW.Group is badly documented and I'll rework it.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just adding "for the purposes of AI scripts." would help.

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Or would it have more meanings in the future?

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't like tags that clearly could have meaning for other SWs (equivalent meaning, not just similar) have special names. For example, DropPod.Veterancy for example really should have been SW.Veterancy, because UnitDelivery and ParaDrops could use the same thing for their units also.

SW.Group has such generic name, because it might apply to the Chronosphere and the related team script analoguously to the Iron Curtain, and once I find the time, I'll expand this, too. And who knows what other team scripts might use it later on.

KALAPS S8
Grenadier

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I see problem for chrono unit, they not teleport isolation cliff and wall out perimeter.

This bug ?

WoodleMyNoodle
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey, I was wondering if it would be possible to add an option that allows you to spawn multiple SpyPlane types.

Currently its:
SpyPlane.Type=Name
SpyPlane.Count=Count

What I am suggesting is:
SpyPlane.Type=Name, Name2
SpyPlane.Count=Count, Count2

Similarly to how initial payloads etcetera are done. Cheers.

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

WoodleMyNoodle wrote:
Hey, I was wondering if it would be possible to add an option that allows you to spawn multiple SpyPlane types.

Currently its:
SpyPlane.Type=Name
SpyPlane.Count=Count

What I am suggesting is:
SpyPlane.Type=Name, Name2
SpyPlane.Count=Count, Count2

Similarly to how initial payloads etcetera are done. Cheers.
This is easy. There is a universal way to stack different super weapons.

WoodleMyNoodle
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:05 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oof, how did I not know this.  Surprised
Could you perhaps provide a link so I can read up on it?
I did a quick google search, but I didn't really see much of interest.
Thanks in advance.

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

WoodleMyNoodle wrote:
Oof, how did I not know this.  Surprised
Could you perhaps provide a link so I can read up on it?
I did a quick google search, but I didn't really see much of interest.
Thanks in advance.
https://ppmforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=573857
Just come out and it's still freshly hot!

Request facings for AE just like AlphaImage

Request Infantry-like AE: [Animation]>Sequence=
Request SHP-based Unit-like AE: [Animation]>WalkFrames=, etc
They should act as if they are part of the attached infantry/unit, ie. the infantry attacks, the AE plays its attacking sequence too.

WoodleMyNoodle
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Would it be possible for a weapon or warhead to remove attacheffect?
For example:

[Weapon]
Damage=
Projectile=
AttachEffect.Remove=yes

Result: Weapon removes a currently attached effect to the unit it hits.

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

WoodleMyNoodle wrote:
[Weapon]
Damage=
Projectile=
AttachEffect.Remove=yes

Result: Weapon removes a currently attached effect to the unit it hits.

I'd rather have it a list, with the value All removing all Effects.
Add some AttachEffect.Removable=no shenanogans in there #Tongue

Also, AttachEffect sux, it has no use. Why bother? #Tongue

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How do you refer to AEs they don’t have names or anything referrable.
I think AEs deserve their own section and an AttachEffectTypes list.

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well that could be resolved by being specific in what AE it removes no? Then you could have a keyword like <all> to operate as a blanket.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Then another good addition might be AttachEffect.Type=a unique ID so you can group AE's together, as right now its just the warhead that delivered it AFAIK.

Then you could have AttachEffect.RemoveTypes=list of type IDs.

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OmegaBolt wrote:
AttachEffect.Type=a unique ID
That contradicts negative AEs. We do want the two same AEs with pos and neg duration so that they can weaken each other like Psychedelic and EMP.
The dilemma is, if they have different duration, they have to be different AE, haha?
The old structure can't work this out I guess.
Please rewrite the whole AE system #Tongue

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cxtian39 wrote:
OmegaBolt wrote:
That contradicts negative AEs. We do want the two same AEs with pos and neg duration so that they can weaken each other like Psychedelic and EMP.
The dilemma is, if they have different duration, they have to be different AE, haha?
Uh what? Why? I don't understand how it contradicts "negative AEs". As for the duration, the solution is simple: if its cumulative add them together, if not then set the value to the longest duration, as is done with other time based effects.

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OmegaBolt wrote:
cxtian39 wrote:
OmegaBolt wrote:
Uh what? Why? I don't understand how it contradicts "negative AEs". As for the duration, the solution is simple: if its cumulative add them together, if not then set the value to the longest duration, as is done with other time based effects.
Duration is unique for every AE types if it's unique. You can't do 2 warheads with the same type of AE but different duration.
Code:
[Warhead1]
AttachEffect.Duration=50 ; pos effect
AttachEffect.SpeedMultiplier=0.5
AttachEffect.Cumulative=yes
AttachEffect.Type=SLOWDOWN

[Warhead2]
AttachEffect.Duration=-10 ;neg effect reduces timer
AttachEffect.SpeedMultiplier=0.5
AttachEffect.Type=???; SLOWDOWN?? But it's unique...

Then negative duration is completely useless because there isn't any other positive duration AE of the same type it can interact with.

This 1-to-1 relationship needs to be changed...
Even a shared type can't fix it.

I suggest AE sections.
Code:
[AttachEffectTypes]
0=SLOWDOWN
1=SPEEDUP

[SLOWDOWN]
; all AE properties except duration go here
SpeedMultiplier=0.5
Cumulative=yes
Animation=AESLOWDOWNANIM

[Warhead1]
AttachEffect=SLOWDOWN
AttachEffect.Duration=50

[Warhead2]
AttachEffect=SLOWDOWN
AttachEffect.Duration=-10

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I still don't remotely understand your point. #Tongue  Of course you could do different durations if they're the same type. That's how EMP, psychedelic, sonar, weapons disabling etc works.

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OmegaBolt wrote:
Of course you could do different durations if they're the same type.
#Mad If durations are different they must not be the same types, for AttachEffect

The fact is, if AEs are defined at different places, they are different.

Try this and they are not gonna cancel each other Twisted Evil
Code:
[SA]
AttachEffect.Duration=10000
AttachEffect.SpeedMultiplier=0

[AP]
AttachEffect.Duration=-10000
AttachEffect.SpeedMultiplier=0

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

But theres no reason why that would have to be the case. That's why I suggested a type tag, so you could link AEs together for the purpose of removal or not overlapping. I don't know why this is hard to understand lol. The other special effects already do it.

WoodleMyNoodle
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I also have another question, would it perhaps be possible to expand on the Saboteur logic?

I don't want the saboteur to actually destroy the building upon entering. I basically want it to fire a weapon once after an x period of time.(after entering the building)

For example:
[TechnoType]
Saboteur=yes
Saboteur.Weapon=

Another suggestion would be adding an AIAdjacencyBonus=
Which is similar to the AINavalYardAdacency, but applicable to all buildings.

Also, some expansion on the overload count & overload damage would be very useful. If it were possible to make it a non-public tag so we can have different values for different units, it would be great.

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Custom gravity for arcing projectiles

[DumbCannon]
Arcing=true
Arcing.Gravity=3; default to [AudioVisual]>Gravity

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

[Warhead]
SuppressDieSound=bool

Would be most useful for AnimToInfantry transformations that are meant to be positive for the player. Infantry screaming in agony as they're being given better equipment sends the wrong message. #Tongue

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I support that.
Also, it would be wise if tag could be added to infantry type to prevent it from changing direction randomly. Infantry do that always, but we have some ,,special" infantry which are not meant to be regular troops (driving boats, bikes, aliens, robots/drones etc...)

PPM Halloween Season 2021

WoodleMyNoodle
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I was also wondering, although it may be quite difficult.. Would it be possible to add a switch to animations?

For example; a switch would alternate between different animations and keeps cycling through the list.

[Anim1]
Switch.Lists=1
Switch.List1=Anim2
Switch.List2=Anim3
Switch.Rate=300 (Amount of frames between the switch)

This would be great regarding attacheffect animations for example.

It would also be perfect if it was possible if you could make superweapons not show up in the armory tab using:
DontShow=yes

Fortranm
Civilian

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
AI picks power plants respecting the prerequisites of the structure (fix by FS-21)

It seems AIs would still build the basic power plants regardless of the prerequisites. Is this intentional so that the AIs always have at least one type of power plant to build?

Last edited by Fortranm on Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

RehteA
Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

[General]
XXXModifier.Min= float
XXXModifier.Max= float

XXX can be Firepower, Armor, Speed and ROF, default to none means no limit

[TechnoType]
XXXModifier.Min= float
XXXModifier.Max= float

default to values in [General]

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Fortranm wrote:
Quote:
AI picks power plants respecting the prerequisites of the structure (fix by FS-21)

It seems AIs would still build the basic power plants regardless of the prerequisites. Is this intentional so that the AIs always have at least one type of power plant to build?

AI uses the first building for that side in BuildPower (or its Ares equivalent) to build its first powerplant. The bug was regarding prereq of NodAdvancedPower that is Sov Nuke Reactor in few Ares versions, that is fixed now.

JonyStalk2
Civilian

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello to all! I am a new user. Question to Alex. What is the possibility that you will restore the weed system with the subsequent use of super weapons?

NimoStar
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

inactive devs here but what hrm can it do...

Quote:
Since developers probably only read this post, I'd like to highlight these three features that we have no way to reproduce:

SHP trails on vehicletypes:

https://ppmforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=45767
(Dust, track marks, sand etc.;
Could also be used as a weapon with damage on the anim; eg. Chemical Truck)

Animations on building structures:
https://ppmforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=45277
(Welding sparks, scaffolding, workers, etc. ; useful for vainilla, required for RA3-like or Generals-like construction system)

Another suggestion:

Making unit-specific Grinders.
For example, a Grinder with a list of which units it can grind.

https://ppmforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=577590#577590

For flavor and usability cases this is very important. For example you could have a "cow farm" that regularly spawns cows. Then you could have a Slaughterhouse that can grind cows into resources... but should not grind tanks or infantry!

In a more exotic case, you could have aliens mind-controlling human civilians to turn into food. Again, they should not be able to grind vehicles or themselves...

Etc. etc., this would lend itself for very interesting mission mechanics.

"Grinder.grinds=unit1,unit2,unit3..."

Other unit types would not get the enter cursor on the grinder.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [46 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon