Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:36 pm
All times are UTC + 0
teh game crashes in skirmish mode (Downtown warfare map)
Moderators: Dawn of the Tiberium Age Staff
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
alexey cardo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:04 am    Post subject:  teh game crashes in skirmish mode (Downtown warfare map) Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi!

I love this mod, the best ever RTS in history!

Unfortunetely my game in skirmish mode has come to an end because the game crashes constantly:(

And it has never been a case in the previous year (though I`ve never played this map before)

Maybe someone can help? Its so unfortunate to lose a game I played for weeks (not everyday of course)

My savegame (the game crashes withing a minute guaranteed) is here
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xuyeoa282j5dmxh/SAVE09B3.SAV?dl=0

and my DxDiag is here https://www.dropbox.com/s/kxk57gfb5c2gh2e/DxDiag.txt?dl=0

Thank you!

Best wishes,
Alexey

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Could you go to the \Client\ErrorLogs directory in your DTA installation directory, find the EXCEPT_XX_XX_XXXX_XX_XX.txt file (where the Xs match the date and time of the crash) and upload it here? It could tell us something about the technical cause of the crash.

alexeycardo
Civilian

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

^Rampastein wrote:
Could you go to the \Client\ErrorLogs directory in your DTA installation directory, find the EXCEPT_XX_XX_XXXX_XX_XX.txt file (where the Xs match the date and time of the crash) and upload it here? It could tell us something about the technical cause of the crash.

Oh! Sorry for late reply!

I`m totally devastated( I`ve resumed the game from an older savegame, but in a few hours in crashes anyway(

Here are two newest crash logs... both didnt 10minutes from the last savegame(

I`m actually happy to pay for the game, a $100 as a user or even participate somewhat in the debelopment... We too develop some stuff, though in mobile apps and site technologies...

EXCEPT_6_10_2018_20_36.TXT
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  EXCEPT_6_10_2018_20_36.TXT
 Filesize:  20.75 KB
 Downloaded:  7 Time(s)

EXCEPT_6_10_2018_20_42.TXT
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  EXCEPT_6_10_2018_20_42.TXT
 Filesize:  20.75 KB
 Downloaded:  7 Time(s)

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This won't solve the crash, but it might be useful to us for future reference.

For the first crash, Is_Techno (maybe checks whether an object is a TechnoType?) gets a bad pointer to an object. Is_Techno is called by TechnoClass::Evaluate_Cell. I don't know what this function really does either, but from the name and parameters I can guess that it's related to checking a cell (or its surroundings?) for threats. This is identical to a common crash in TI.

The second crash is something else.

alexeycardo wrote:
I`m actually happy to pay for the game, a $100 as a user or even participate somewhat in the debelopment... We too develop some stuff, though in mobile apps and site technologies...

Thanks for the offer, but we don't accept monetary donations as a team because it'd be impossible to split the money fairly between all the contributors. Some staff members might accept donations for implementing something specific in DTA. I personally accepted a donation in exchange for implementing LAN support, for example.

I don't think we have any need for mobile apps or website technologies right now as we're comfortable with being hosted on ModDB, PPM and CnCNet. If you're interested in contributing, you could look into something else like creating multiplayer maps. Testing and giving us error reports and feedback helps too, like you've already done  Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum