Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:39 am
All times are UTC + 0
Multiple Triggers are executed simultaneously
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
C0uCHP0t@t0
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:25 am    Post subject:  Multiple Triggers are executed simultaneously
Subject description: Final Alert trigger help
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dear PPM community,
I kindly ask for your help regarding Final Alert triggers. The thing is I don't know how to execute multiple triggers simultaneously.
In this case specifically I have put a truck on map, which when destroyed will cause only 1 trigger to trigger (reinforcements to apper and to change house [Russia]).

Additional help:
-> Should I put a trigger line instead of a truck, when units cross it, the triggers will fire simultaneously (and how to make it).
->  How to make a radar event to appear on a specific house that cross the line or destroy the truck.
-> How to make reinforcements to change the house to a player that cross the line or destroyed the truck intead to ?House Russia?.
-> How to Script units that can demolish a bridge by putting a explosive charge on a bridge repair hut to destroy the bridge.

PS: This map is made for multiplayer/skirmish match. The knowledge will also help in future, if I decide to make singleplayer missions.
I apologise in advance if I have posted the request in the wrong sector.

Many thank to everyone that is going to help me solve things written above.

Yours sincerely
C0uCHP0t@t0

Final Alert.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  665.02 KB
 Viewed:  2080 Time(s)

Final Alert.jpg

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You can have multiple triggers that are triggered simultaneously. Look at ModEnc for trigger format for TS/RA2/YR, there is a LINKED_TRIGGER field. When triggers are linked they will have the same associated tag. Look also at the tutorial..

The event can be of your choosing, whether a truck is destroyed or a set of celltags entered.

There is a create radar event but it would be for a particular house. For complex stuff you could use variables that can be set and event(s) could be triggered when it is set.

The teamtype being created could be tagged (use Tag= on the TeamType) and anything associated with that tag could be converted to another house depending on your event.

Bridge repair huts are not supposed to be destroyed, so search for other methods to destroy bridges.

Virgil
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Extract YR Soviet 3rd Mission and check how is the SEAL scripted to blow up the bridge

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dear CouchPotato

When you create a new topic in a forum, pay attention to the description of the forum and announcements. When using the tutorials forum, specifically, do not post questions or requests as new topics.

If the forums are used correctly, the community will have a minimum organization that will facilitate questions to be answered and each individual ability to learn better with this forum.

[Topic Moved]

PS: On the TS Tutorials forum, the abuse reached such levels that we had to place a topic called " WE'LL BAN WHO POSTS QUESTIONS OR PROBLEMS AS NEW TOPICS!". Please, don't make me do the same thing in the RA2 one. Thanks in advance.

C0uCHP0t@t0
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dear  Lin Kuei Ominae,  E1 Elite, Virgil,
Thank you very much for your honest replies, they helped a lot. After some internal errors I was able to made the triggers act as one.
Regarding the bridge destruction, I will try to figure it some other time. Same applies for radar event.

Yours sincerely
C0uCHP0t@t0

C0uCHP0t@t0
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dear Banshee,
My appologies for posting the question at wrong sector. Thank you for letting me know.

Yours sincerely,
C0uCHP0t@t0

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Original missions are also good source to learn

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon