Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:58 am
All times are UTC + 0
LAN doesn't work
Moderators: Dawn of the Tiberium Age Staff
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Tornado

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:04 am    Post subject:  LAN doesn't work
Subject description: "The game host has sent an invalid game options menu."
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello and greetings. A friend and I play DTA on LAN, but for the last few days we haven't been able to. One of us would start a lobby, the other would join and be greeted by a message that reads, "the game host has sent an invalid game options menu. This usually means they have a different game version." Or so, something along the lines. Not only does this message repeat itself every time the host would change the map or a rule, but the chosen map itself doesn't change for anyone else but the host and choosing to go along and start the game anyway would result in a synchronization error a few seconds later after the game begins.

We never had this happen before, so naturally we tried deleting and reinstalling the game entirely, still got the message and the error. And recently, we tried playing on CnCnet to see if it was experiencing the same problem. I made a lobby, they joined, and the message didn't pop up. We start the game, and although there was input delay, something we've grown accustomed to not having, (probably due to my high ping or something) the game proceeded without error.

I normally don't post into forums like this, but I love this mod, and the fact that I hadn't seen any forum post related to this makes me worry this issue may not be resolved if it is indeed beyond my control. Many thanks in advance!

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for the report, I'll look into it.

Tornado

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks a ton! I know it's not really a game-breaking issue since my friend and I can just play via CnCnet, but we always preferred the local connectivity of LAN. (Maybe you'll even see us there a few times, eh!) I'm not beyond thinking it might be something on our end however.

Either way, we both greatly appreciate this.

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I did recently alter the game options broadcasting code a bit to support certain new options. I just don't use the LAN feature myself often (only in LAN parties once or twice a year), neither does anyone else on our staff, so it's possible that it's broken and has gone unnoticed for the past few weeks.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum