Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:43 am
All times are UTC + 0
Codes keep dissapearing
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Renu48
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:18 pm    Post subject:  Codes keep dissapearing Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Can someone enlighten me on this.

For past few days i have been coding for mods and it has happened twice now. On all of my backups of rulesmd.uni some code has gone missing like nothing ever existed. Only evidence i have left of mods are shp files that are left in my expandmd files.

It is getting really annoying and frustrating that i have to rewrite the same piece of code again and again and again. I know i dont delete or erase it.

To those who are interested the codes that go missing are for medic, delta force unit and black tanya

All help would be appreciated.

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Are you trying to save a read-only file or not have permissions to change files in that directory?

Renu48
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have premissions and i dont believe it is read only file as it only does it for those 3 mods but none of the other ones such as estonian, latvian or lithuanian flag or stealth tanks and so forth

kenosis
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Simple. Use [#include]

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
TAK02
General

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

kenosis wrote:
Simple. Use [#include]

Not sure how that'd help if the code decides to screw itself over...

@Renu48
Rechk that you have the appropiate permissions. It seems odd if it's always the same unit modifications vanish...
Maybe you saved in the wrong spot?

Notepad++ is a program that should show which file you are editing, including the file path, so that'd a big help...

Then again, I don't know how computer-literate you are, so notepad++ might not help except for pointing out where the newly modded INI has been saved/opened...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Renu48 wrote:
On all of my backups of rulesmd.uni some code has gone missing like nothing ever existed.

What's the name of the editor that you use to edit the inis?
Do you tried a different editor?

Where do you edit? Some bad windows folder like MyDocuments?

Backups are also changed back? Where do you keep the backups?
Do you have a RAID system? Maybe bad configured so the duplicates aren't synchronized correct?

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Renu48
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Its a standard rulesmd.ini and artmd.ini file which are in red alert 2 folder. I have 7 backups 3 in external hard drive 2 in usb stick 1 in red alert 2 folder 1 on desktop. All seem to have dissapeared twice now on all of the backups.

I usually notice that somethings wrong when i dont find them units i  final alert 2 yr.

I dont use any specific editor. I edit as i open the ini file in red alert 2 folders. Shp, vxl. hva  and other files are put in expandmd48.mix file.

I have no problems with premissions as i have other mods in it that havent dissapeared. I havent had a chance to look at them today due to me not being at home.

I am gonna download either notepad ++ or atom to see if it helps me to improve

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon