Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:32 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Renegade Buildings [TS/RA2]
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, OpenRA Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [21 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:02 pm    Post subject:  Renegade Buildings [TS/RA2] Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here is a pack of buildings converted from C&C Renegade for both TS & RA2. They have been converted as is, so don't contain any buildups or damaged frames & because GDI have no red parts & NOD have lots I didn't use any remap to keep consistancy.

renbuild.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  259.25 KB
 Viewed:  11054 Time(s)

renbuild.png

RenBuild.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  RenBuild.zip
 Filesize:  126.6 KB
 Downloaded:  633 Time(s)

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
TiberFCSL
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Great!!!!! Thank you!!!!

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice job converting, but I must say the buildings themselves are horrible. Except for maybe the Comm. Center. Still, without damage and build-up frames, I can't see anyone using them, except for the guy above.

TiberFCSL
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I can make some damage and buildup for the most useful ones, and later, for all of them.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

They are horrible, that's why I didn't bother with damage & buildups. I've started on remaking the TD buildings from scratch tho, which will be a lot better looking & more compleate.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Kinda small. If they were slightly bigger, then maybe some of them would've been good (with some modifications) as civilian buildings.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Obviously they weren't intended to be viewed like this but I actually quite like the Nod Comm. Center, with a better base it could be a neat structure.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't want to be a C17 pilot who has to land on that airfield. Laughing

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Dubzac
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:

Reckon. the air tower was never on the tarmac anyway. Not like it cannot be fixed. just saying.
BTW very good conversion. these look more RA2 than TS, but I'm not picky.
i'll make sure i'll give you [migeater] credit for the conversions and westwood/EA for making them.

that would be a nightmare landing on the airfield its so short never realized that in the FPS. I guess it didn't really pay much attention. Laughing

Edit: where is the tib silo's ?

Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Woah.. that Nod Airstrip.. woah man.

This actually makes me thing how well-made building models would look like in Renegade. I mean, even RA2 structures seem to have more detail than these?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

gun turret, guard tower, gate?

btw, the ingame buildings had damage textures too. Wouldn't it be possible to use these at least for the damage frame?
Some (not sure if all) buildings also had a complete destroyed image, which could be used for the 3rd frame. Then it's just a bit art.ini coding to have "working" buildings (1st and 2nd frame) and "old destroyed" ones (using 2nd and 3rd frame).

Public SHPs

Tools

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Has anyone done this with the TW TT assets? I'd much rather see them than these ugly things.

Good work on converting them anyway MigEater

Edit: Fixed the iPhone badness to make readable

Last edited by SMIFFGIG on Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

Rollegg
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh, can not believe

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dubzac wrote:
Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:

Reckon. the air tower was never on the tarmac anyway. Not like it cannot be fixed. just saying.
BTW very good conversion. these look more RA2 than TS, but I'm not picky.
i'll make sure i'll give you [migeater] credit for the conversions and westwood/EA for making them.

that would be a nightmare landing on the airfield its so short never realized that in the FPS. I guess it didn't really pay much attention. Laughing

Edit: where is the tib silo's ?

I was thinking opposite, more for TS than RA2, lol

http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27714

freedom fighter
General

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Make a complete set for the Nod Comm Center and the GDI Adv. Guard Tower and you're gold. The rest is meh.

NimoStar
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello. Sorry for ultra-necroing. It is the base that makes these look terrible. It is extremely overbright. If someone could delete the bases and complete the missing shadows, these could very well at least be scenery/civilian buildings.

Why I don't do it?

Well, I don't have 3D modelling experience and with a 2008 computer there is not much I could do anyways...

Since these are public assets...

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Since these are public assets, you're entitled to pour your own effort into it. C'n'P exists.

If all you can do is to brag, to beg and to leech... I can understand you don't want to do that. So how about you start with growing an actual dick instead of the one you're wearing on your neck?

Guess what? I was able to C'n'P the barracks to be a 2x2 building. It's fine for me atm.

hgbrck 0000.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  6.28 KB
 Viewed:  5438 Time(s)

hgbrck 0000.png

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
NimoStar
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

1- I explicitely explained why I can't do it.
Not even the necessary tools for 3d editing and renegade installation fit on my computer.

You will never evolve, Graion. Are you still salty tht AlexB included the features that I requested in Ares which you deemed so "unnecesary" that you closed my topic three times?

2- That barracks looks absolutely awful and you haven't even removed the horrible base, which was the whole point of my comment.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Then install/work on Partition D:
Even a cheap 1TB hdd costs only 30€ and you probably can get old 250GB hdds for free now. So no reason to not add another HDD if that's stopping you from doing something yourself.

On the other hand, deleting crap might help too.

Public SHPs

Tools

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

*yawn*

Took me 15 minutes. If I want to go pixel-perfect here with removing the base, probably would take me 30. But no way you'd worth me enough to have 30 minutes of my time wasted on you, would you?

So let us get back to the real question... when you will start actually doing something besides opening your mouth to share us with the ego and emptiness between your ears?

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
NimoStar
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Even a cheap 1TB hdd costs only 30€ and you probably can get old 250GB hdds for free now. So no reason to not add another HDD if that's stopping you from doing something yourself.

That's not in Argentina. A 1TB HDD costs almost 70 USD and that is also like a quarter of your monthly income
https://articulo.mercadolibre.com.ar/MLA-713908758-disco-rigido-western-digital-blue-1tb-7200rpm-tienda-wd-_JM

And you don't get anything "for free". I got some discarded PCs and they got like 20/40 gb drives with win xp or 2000.

You just darkened the horrible base and that doesn't change that it is an horrible base.

I "could" cut it with image editing but then YOU would be like "REEEEE NOT USING 3D MODELING IS BAD REEE" like you did in other of my assets.

Plus some of the bases are where the shadow should be, requiring either re-drawing the shadows or re-rendering.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [21 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!