Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:08 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Modenc not working
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
NimoStar
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:44 am    Post subject:  Modenc not working
Subject description: Can anyone alert site admins?
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I get this error in modenc:

Basically, it says their site only allows secure connections, and that either the site is misconfigured or my clock is wrong.

Since my clock is right to my time (GMT-3), the site is misconfigured.

Maybe someone here can contact the admins to tell them. At least, if they can't find the probloem, that they allow non-httpS connections.

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That happens because ModEnc's security certificate has run out / is out of date.
Just re-open with private browsing (or a browser where you don't auto sign-in to ModEnc) and you should be fine.

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
NimoStar
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Happens the same with private browsing, its not because of autologin

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It has nothing to do with private browsing. Their SSL certificate has expired (or never existed in first place).

You should be able to browse it with other browsers like Opera, non-Chromium versions of Microsoft Edge or older versions of Firefox and Chrome.

NimoStar
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Not even old ass default internet explorer for un-updated win7 works

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

NimoStar, do you even read?

Banshee wrote:
You should be able to browse it with other browsers like Opera, non-Chromium versions of Microsoft Edge or older versions of Firefox and Chrome.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
NimoStar
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Those were *examples* an old Microsoft Internet Explorer counts as "other browser".

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've personally tested Opera and an old Edge. Both worked after I've insisted to browse an unsafe site.

NimoStar
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I will try that, then. Even so, it would be best to tell the site owners. That workaround costs time, RAM and disk space... not to mention woudn't you have to click to go to unsafe site every time on each link?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nope. It costs money for them to solve the issue. They need to buy a SSL certificate and it isn't free of charge. I don't know if Renegade is still interested on it.

NimoStar
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

They can just unencrypt the connection and then a certificate woudn't be needed.

What ultra mega secret is there in old TS/RA2 info?

I don't think any "man on the middle attack" is likely since peopke, dont download files from, or upload files to, cncnet.

Starkku
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It works again.

ModEnc uses Let's Encrypt's free domain-validated certificate in the first place, so the problem is not about having to pay for one. If I had to guess, there is either no automated system in place renewing the certificate, or it does not always work in a timely fashion. Not the first time this has happened.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Twitter Channel URL
daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

NimoStar wrote:
What ultra mega secret is there in old TS/RA2 info?

That's.... not how an SSL works. Like at all. It has absolutely nothing to do with "ultra secrets" and more to do about keeping your site secure and keeping it from being hacked and used to distribute malicious files.

Do you do ANY research on anything you say, or do you just have a mouth on your asshole and speak from there? Because you pull some of the most wild shit out of your ass when you speak, dude.

Quick Edit: also, if you run into security problems with sites, try removing the S from HTTPS://, sometimes users don't configure their SSL correctly and it creates a bad 301 redirect. It doesn't always fix it, but sometimes it'll allow a site to be view-able.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
NimoStar
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
That's.... not how an SSL works. Like at all. It has absolutely nothing to do with "ultra secrets" and more to do about keeping your site secure and keeping it from being hacked and used to distribute malicious files.

Do you do ANY research on anything you say, or do you just have a mouth on your asshole and speak from there? Because you pull some of the most wild shit out of your ass when you speak, dude.

YOU have a mouth in your arsehole since literally the next thing I said is about exactly that:

Quote:
I don't think any "man on the middle attack" is likely since peopke, dont download files from, or upload files to, cncnet.

You idiot.

And removing the S was literally tghe first thing I did, but modenc doesn't allow unencripted traffic.

No wonder the community is dead, all the regulars are trolls who just use this forum to vent the frustrations with their failure at life.

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

NimoStar wrote:
No wonder the community is dead, all the regulars are trolls who just use this forum to vent the frustrations with their failure at life.

I think you need to take a few steps back and see who really is venting their frustrations on the forum.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Guys, can we have a civil conversation here or will I have to start censoring or banning people?

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!