Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:13 pm
All times are UTC + 0
New Construction Options: C&C Remaster Art Preview!
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 2 [76 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:10 am    Post subject:  New Construction Options: C&C Remaster Art Preview!
Subject description: Accurately following the visions of Kane!
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello everyone. Few days ago, the EA producer Jim Vessella has posted an update on the progress that they are doing on the Command & Conquer (Tiberian Dawn) Remaster. Here's his words on it:

Jim Vessella wrote:
Fellow Command & Conquer fans,

We are approaching the conclusion of our pre-production phase, having achieved several of our key milestones since our last Reddit post. During March we delivered our first playable campaign mission (GDI Mission 1), which included multiple samples of the remastered art running at 4k. This was accompanied by a more complete Visual Target image, which helps the dev team align around our goals for the artistic fidelity. We are now in the middle of getting Multiplayer up and running for the first time, along with dozens of art assets iterating towards their finalized look. Last week we showed many of these items to the Community Council, and continue to receive fantastic feedback via their contributions.

With that in mind, today we wanted to share a glimpse of the pre-production work with all of you here in the C&C community. And this is the first time anyone outside of EA or the Community Council has seen work from the Remaster. In this spirit, we felt it appropriate to start with one of the first assets you see in Command & Conquer - the classic Construction Yard.

Now, if you’ve been reading our previous posts, our primary goal with the visual approach is to maintain the authenticity of the original in-game asset. It’s worth calling out that if there’s a conflict between the in-game asset, cinematic asset, or UI portrait, we’re always going to side with the in-game asset. That being said, if there are opportunities to pull in details from the cinematic footage to enhance an asset, we’ll do our best to incorporate those details. A good example here would be the blue pattern / texturing on the Con Yard door (Inspired by the classic Con Yard unpacking cinematic).

As always, we are eager to hear your thoughts in the comments, and looking forward to sharing more details about the visual approach down the line.

Cheers,

Jim Vessella

Jimtern

And, as clearly stated in his post, he has included the Construction Yard preview (click on it for a full size preview):

And that's where our zombie new post mode ends. The latest remastered versions of Command & Conquer Tiberian Dawn and Red Alert 1 will use Petroglyph's Glyph engine for graphics and may use the original engine code possibily for some of the physics and AI code. The last remaster of Command & Conquer Tiberian Dawn was made for Nintendo 64 in 1999 and it was already 3D. So, nothing new here.

The construction yard model shown above also follows strictly the design from all preview versions. The differences from the original design lies mostly on the crane (only when compared to FMVs) and the ventilation system (compared to N64), which, in my opinion is too far from the rest of the building, which doesn't make much sense. Despite that stupid detail, there is nothing else that may compromise the model. So, my overall humble opinion about it is very positive, with great texture work. This is why I think that Vessella's words seem to be somewhat accurate here. So, yea, it is worth to point out that they are making the models from scratch. Feel free to compare with the pictures from Nintendo 64 below and two from the FMVs from the windows 95 version:

Construction Yard on Nintendo 64, as taken from a YouTube video.

Construction Yard from FMVs, as taken from a YouTube video.

And that's all for now. I hope we'll see more from it on the next E3 in june.

Key Words: #News #CommandAndConquer #CommandAndConquerRemastered #RedAlert1Remastered 

Last edited by Banshee on Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:52 pm; edited 3 times in total

Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

THE FANS IN THE ORIGINAL ARE ON AN ANGLE AGAINST THE BUILDING NOT HORIZONTAL THIS IS A TRAVESTY.

EASUX etc

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The fans are the same position.
Only the N64 version is different.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:

A pic would be nice #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TAK02 wrote:

It would also be nice if you read the topic. Or at least took a look at its images.

ReFlex
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

New graphics, so its a remake not a remaster!?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website YouTube User URL
TAK02
General

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

^Rampastein wrote:
TAK02 wrote:

It would also be nice if you read the topic. Or at least took a look at its images.

Oh, didn't see that one the first time. My fault. Or my browser's.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ReFlex wrote:
New graphics, so its a remake not a remaster!?

New graphics would mean it's a remaster.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
The fans are the same position.

Yea, but there is a catch: the fans structure "touch" the rest of the buildings, while in the remaster picture, they seem to be very isolated.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

it doesn't touch the main hangar in the TD version either.
It only looks like it, because of the dark shadow, cast by the separate fan box and the perspective (not isometric) camera. But there is a pretty clear and wide gap in TD as well.

The only difference i see is the lower concrete ring around the main cylinder hangar.
In TD it's getting narrower and higher towards the rear of the hangar, while in the remake it's always the same height and width.

Public SHPs

Tools

MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Modders have been producing better graphics then that...  Confused

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Am I only one who DO LIKE render?
The only thing that questionable is that giant screw on crane but its a Visual Target image

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nope, you are not the only one who likes the render. I also do like it. I just called attention to a detail that, as I mentioned, doesn't compromise the result.

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is this like resident evil 2 or starcraft 1

Mechacaseal
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I was about to say a concept art is all they have to show? reading his post tho it makes it sound like they are half way done and i dont even know what game engine they are using. im assuming the greygoo/8-bit armies one. they even got the missions half done it seems. seems like we will see some gameplay soon after they slap in more assets that they seem to be producing at a fast pace. the concept art leads me to believe this will look better than the lame originals. more flashy and pretty rather than mundane. my biggest concern is if the engine holds them back but they said they were using old C&C logic so thats interesting. lots of cool stuff. i find this interesting. cant wait to see the first gameplay.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cxtian39 wrote:
Is this like resident evil 2 or starcraft 1

AFAIK The same people that helped make the starcraft 1 remake are also helping with this so I'd expect it to be similar.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Getting the AI and map scripting consistent without using the original code might be a big challenge, so this pre-production of assets makes sense. The majority of time spent will be making the new game work like the old game.

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm not expecting to play an old game in new graphics...
There has to be new stuff, has to be..

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very encouraging!
From the post, it shows they clearly care a great deal about detail and continuity; more than we've seen in a loooooong time.

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Still kind of amazed at how ungrateful the C&C community is sometimes tbh.

Yeah the graphics aren't bleeding edge. They're working with the source code, and yes it's a faithful recreation with no fancy shit added. What more do they have to do? They have the petroglyph people who y'all wanted for YEARS to touch the franchise. They have Frank remastering the music. What more do they possibly have to do to appeal to fans at this point?

EA's sequel and cash grab fetish was gross, but y'all niggas is ungrateful as well.

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:41 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like where this is going

Would like to hear more updates on if they're definitely going to use source code to have it play the same.

Based on this one image, art direction looks good. Keeping to ingame structures and upscalling/4kifying them.

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think the CY looks great, but I'm not really surprised. I already expected great graphics from the remake as Petroglyph games have been visually nice, and now they also have another studio helping them with art.

I'm waiting for gameplay previews or screenshots that reveal more of the overall style and direction of the game, both graphics and gameplay-wise. That'll be actually important and more interesting.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like the conyard too. It looks very close to the ingame version and how it was shown in the FMVs.
I'm especially looking forward of having realtime ingame graphics as nice as the rendered FMVs back in 1995.

To stay true to the classic, yet offer modern gameplay experience,
a user customizable interface would be awesome. One which you can set to look like the old sidemenu or change on the fly into one with more cameo columns (sorted by objecttype), additional hotkey buttons (like a customizable RA2 bottom hotkey bar) etc.

Public SHPs

Tools

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
a user customizable interface would be awesome. One which you can set to look like the old sidemenu or change on the fly into one with more cameo columns (sorted by objecttype), additional hotkey buttons (like a customizable RA2 bottom hotkey bar) etc.

I was under the impression that remasters only touch graphics and not gameplay. Doing so would make it a remake.

It'd be awesome tho if we got RA2's sidebar, no denying that...

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TAK02 wrote:
I was under the impression that remasters only touch graphics and not gameplay.
That's what I'm worrying about.

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cxtian39 wrote:
TAK02 wrote:
I was under the impression that remasters only touch graphics and not gameplay.
That's what I'm worrying about.

How so? If anything, it takes away EA's chances at screwing up.

NimoStar
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The cooling thingy not touching the hangar would be understadable is there was at least pipes to transfer water or air for cooling... as it is, completely pointless.

Unpopular opinion: EA is actually better than Westwood in gameplay balance since their focus is competitive multiplayer (as in CNC4)

I hate EA more than anyone but the problem is their bland mission and aesthetics.

RA3 and Generals have better and more rewarding multiplayer balance and possibilities than any original WW games.

Let's make a review:

RA: Make tanks and tesla coils and v2 and grind
(Allies aren't even worth playing)
TS: Spam aircraft or disruptor-drop
RA2 competitive: Spam tanks and kill conyard
(Also Iraq is the only viable soviet faction)

Not exactly the most varied strategies.
Their look and feel are great and the campaigns are very well done but they aren't balanced at all. They were made as primarily single player games.

Devastator
Civilian

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Volgin wrote:
Still kind of amazed at how ungrateful the C&C community is sometimes tbh.

Yeah the graphics aren't bleeding edge. They're working with the source code, and yes it's a faithful recreation with no fancy shit added. What more do they have to do? They have the petroglyph people who y'all wanted for YEARS to touch the franchise. They have Frank remastering the music. What more do they possibly have to do to appeal to fans at this point?

EA still having the rights. That's the only thing left. i don't, and never will, trust EA.

Volgin wrote:
EA's sequel and cash grab fetish was gross.

They're still doing it.

TAK02 wrote:
Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:

I was under the impression that remasters only touch graphics and not gameplay. Doing so would make it a remake.

It'd be awesome tho if we got RA2's sidebar, no denying that...

That would be awesome. Something more organised like RA2 or C&C3 sidebar. Rather then top list teir 1 stuff then lower tier 2 etc etc.  
To avoid gameplay changes a UI like EB4D is preferred. Ra2 like sidebar allows players to build structures and base defense at the same time, which affects gameplay if they intend to keep it as a remaster.  But keep it optional so the more hardcore fans wouldn't be upset.

iirc starcraft 1 remastered added zoom feature, something the original didn't have. I'm hopping C&C and RA remaster(as well as TS and RA2 remaster if it ever happen) have this feature along with replay. Always wanted youtubers like generals gentlemen to cast pre-generals games.

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Shouldnt post it here and confuse people.
I was currious how it might look on EA side

Terrain and hummer taken from google

cy.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  501.79 KB
 Viewed:  8173 Time(s)

cy.png

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Gangster wrote:

Now i've seen everything.

NimoStar
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ironically that mock-up probably looks better than the actual thing...

Mechacaseal
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ive watched Tiberian Sun: Rewire mod for a while change and evolve. It definitely looked like a Tiberian Sun remaster and yet never made it. all those years and then here comes EA and churns it out within a few months lol.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, crazy what you can do with a hired staff and a studio

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

...and being paid for this work and having time to work 8 hours a day on it

Public SHPs

Tools

tomsons26lv
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

...and paid programmers that can write extensive toolsets to simply converting assets to ingame format from half a day to half a minute

...and not being limited by the hardware you have

...and having access to a server farm to render out massive amounts of assets in a few hours not days

Skype live:tomsons26
Don't forget to state who are you otherwise i'll ignore the invite

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Gangster wrote:

Damn. That mockup screenshot alone gives me such strong nostalgia vibes that I might be unable to stop myself from buying this remaster.

Katz
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

your TD powerplants and barracks are gorgeous Katz
hope you don't mind me creating another mockup using them

cy_Beach.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.21 MB
 Viewed:  7784 Time(s)

cy_Beach.png

Public SHPs

Tools

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
your TD powerplants and barracks are gorgeous Katz
hope you don't mind me creating another mockup using them

... And my axe tiberium!

cy_beach_114 (1)1.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.1 MB
 Viewed:  7771 Time(s)

cy_beach_114 (1)1.png

ReFlex
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Reminds me of a image what I made ages ago.  Very Happy

clifftest2e.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  169.47 KB
 Viewed:  7762 Time(s)

clifftest2e.png

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website YouTube User URL
Mechacaseal
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

im going to be disappointed if its the same exact game just with high res sprites so they can copy starcraft remaster.

Katz
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nah, I dont mind. I think I should share my assets on ppm anyway. Maybe someone will use them for something good.

Tuc0
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Adding some colors  Smile

2019-04-25 11.47.15.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.2 MB
 Viewed:  7645 Time(s)

2019-04-25 11.47.15.png

ImP_RuLz
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mechacaseal wrote:
im going to be disappointed if its the same exact game just with high res sprites so they can copy starcraft remaster.

That's exactly what remasters are. No change in gameplay, only improve the graphics and maybe fix a few bugs along the way.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
Mechacaseal
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

made it look more official

2019_04_25_114715_196.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  93.42 KB
 Viewed:  7548 Time(s)

2019_04_25_114715_196.jpg

twistedconversion
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hah.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mechacaseal wrote:

Allen
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mechacaseal wrote:

I see your a beta tester...

C&C in RA-1 Get it here
http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30101 100+ Single Player Missions! Now playable on CnCNet 5!

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Loot crates are just goodie crates evolved #Tongue

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Pay or else you might get an explosion / reshroud crate.

Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!