Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:57 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Game of Thrones season 8 episode 5
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [31 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 9:35 pm    Post subject:  Game of Thrones season 8 episode 5 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ya that happened.

At least the show will have a very definitive ending.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I need that dragon in Brasilia... It would be just a small Dracarys service at the buildings around the Three Powers Plaza... not a big deal. #Tongue

Err... just kidding, guys. Such Dracarys in Brasilia would be a disaster if it ever happened, even if it got rid of some odd authorities.

Last edited by Banshee on Tue May 14, 2019 3:19 am; edited 1 time in total

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Spoiler (click here to read it):
Daenerys just burned down almost entire city, I did not read any book but I suspect that Jon will be new ruler of throne somehow. And I am glad that they got rid of those ,,brother and sister" Lanisters. It became quite annoying already. Oh, I liked those Undeads, they were cool. That was epic battle.

PPM Halloween Season 2021

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I also have this same feeling that Jon Snow will take the iron throne. Tyrion's chances of taking the throne still exists, but it is very low on my opinion, although it would be the best ending...

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Honestly, the battles in season 8 have been fantastic, and make up for a lot of the fast-forwarding they've been doing. Season 1-4 in particular seemed a bit lazy by comparison, filling in story, meeting characters who will just be killed, like there was plenty of time to waste... then suddenly everything is a rush.

The thing that perhaps bothers me is we've learned more about the politics and people of the Iron Isles, but still next to nothing about the Eyrie people, and the Faceless Men haven't made any recurrence. Obviously it would have been hard to make clear episodes with the book content (which I have not read admittedly) and I think they did an admirable job at creating a cohesive series, but this last season really does seem rushed.

MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I do not think John will take the throne. I think the best bet will be no single ruler, but independent kingdom rulers.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I somewhat disliked that they defeated the Night King already in episode 3, I had hoped it to be the climax of the series. Cersei was offed just two episodes later. A lot of the subplots have also been completed. There's three more episodes left yet the show might have just as well ended here.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I read somewhere recently that they plan to make two parallel tv series related to game of thrones. One will be perhaps about past, and I cannot remember about another. But that was just some news, I do not know if that was confirmed at all.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That makes sense, we saw glimpses of when the Night King was made, a full blown faery world with all kinds of magic. Would be a lot of potential material for dramas and side plots.

Who's ready for the Queenslayer? Smile

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

G-E wrote:
Who's ready for the Queenslayer? Smile

She might not die... I am just guessing, but she doesn't need Westeros. She could turn all of Westeros into ash. Then just return and rule from Essos (Dragons Bay), hell she has a lover in Essos.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tyrion is going to get it. The last scene will be him in sunglasses, on the Iron Throne sipping a margarita

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I am still wondering if the iron throne itself has survived the last episode.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Team Black wrote:
Tyrion is going to get it. The last scene will be him in sunglasses, on the Iron Throne sipping a margarita

I would pay for this ending.

MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

NOTE* do not watch video if you have not seen episode 5.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCHlCiB98N4

"Take a look to the sky just before you die.
It's the last time you will."

I am not a big fan of Metallica, but the song "Whom the Bell Tolls", placed over the the attack fits in amazing. I wonder it the editor or, story border was listing to this song while the were working. Or Metallica could just use this as a music video.

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I know it's magic, but I'm still annoyed that the dragon's are able to destroy stone architecture so easily with their fiery breath...

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

G-E, and that Night King just used his spear and throwed it from long distance, killing dragon in one shot!

MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well we shall find out tomorrow what happens.

I do not think it matters if the throne of throne room survived, she has a dragon, she could just make a new one.

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How do dragons here make new dragons? Do they lay eggs over time or what? Can her dragon do that?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I know many people will disagree at what I'll say, but I liked the ending and who ended ruling Westeros. I did not like it that much, but it wasn't bad either. It was a fair choice in the end of the day.

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The ending was perfect, a lot more geo-politically savvy that a lot of people complaining seem to get.

I've also heard criticism from the religious/symbolic/moral angles about the overall show. While I understand their point of view, Martin more than once stated he wanted to make it ugly, so it is in a sense a perversion, and thus similar to post-modernism. Yet, even within that obvious intent to subvert expectations, there are themes of paganism slowly giving way to a peasant's monotheism, only to be defeated by a more powerful witch-craft oriented (new-age/Luciferian?) theism.

I think one of the appeals of the story is that it didn't invest too much into the magic aspect, preferring instead to focus on lore and allusions to history. History is of course important for all people, and only in the new age of internationalism/globalism is history and people themselves being erased, disconnected from time and space, told they belong to all one race and they are evil nazi bigots if they disagree. So in that light GoT gives everyone a taste of what they all feel is missing from their lives, while being socially safe to explore the ideas within.

In an ironic way it shows how revolutions take on a life of their own, and just like communism doesn't know how to stop, since it already justified any barbaric act to defeat their perceived immoral enemy, thereby becoming immoral.

My critique still stands, season 3-4 were too slow, season 7-8 too rushed, and there needed to be at least 1 more full season, season 8 itself should have taken up 2...

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Smile

rejectionofpower.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  117.06 KB
 Viewed:  5120 Time(s)

rejectionofpower.jpg

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

G-E wrote:
The ending was perfect, a lot more geo-politically savvy that a lot of people complaining seem to get.

Disappointing ending for a disappointing season, so yeah, it was perfect Smile

It was all too bland, too anticlimactic. The problem is not that Dany had to die, but rather the abrupt deterioration of her character (that had been slowly built throughout 7 seasons) in just a few episodes. They needed her to become a villain and they thought they could pull it off in such a short time, and it shows.

I would've loved to see some kind of a curtain call/credits medley, maybe a collection of the main characters' lives a few years after the events at King's Landing, to showcase the change of things. But no, all we got was Jon riding into a forest. WTF?

Quote:
I know it's magic, but I'm still annoyed that the dragon's are able to destroy stone architecture so easily with their fiery breath...

Me too, but then again, zombie-Viserion one-shotted part of the ice wall like it was made from styrofoam.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm pretty happy to be on the last-season bandwagon, and not seeing 8 years worth of character development get flushed down the pooper

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I will have to rewatch this season, as I am currently on the fence... This last episode kind of left me empty... I do not hate it... Just not sure yet... And a little confused on the ending with who ended up being king... I am not sure that it made since to have Tyrion influence the decision...  Question

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Team Black wrote:
I'm pretty happy to be on the last-season bandwagon, and not seeing 8 years worth of character development get flushed down the pooper

If you mean apparently going insane/power-mad rather quickly, I think a character snapping is believable. Even Jon's reluctant sacrifice was fine.

Wasn't too thrilled about Jaime's end, especially the contrived fight, but ultimately dying with Cersei was poetic.

Oh as a post-series factoid, apparently the Unsullied going to the island of Naarth will get themselves killed by some butterfly-borne disease, so within a year they won't be complaining about Jon not getting executed...

Which would mean Jon could in theory be free to "come back" to the world, but he'd just as likely end up as the king of the wildlings.

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah right. I just watched it. I wasted my time, if someone told me what will happen, I would skip it. Just waste of my time

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey guys. Here's a video that goes straight to the point about this season 8. I think many people will agree on it, although it is just a funny fake video.

MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's an impressive edit.

Ya... I really wish the final season would have grown on me... But it just hasn't changed, it just seems very fast and empty...

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [31 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon