Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:38 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Alien: Awakening finally confirmed!!!
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 10:11 pm    Post subject:  Alien: Awakening finally confirmed!!! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-7077527/Ridley-Scott-81-helm-Alien-prequel-mark-franchises-40th-anniversary.html

I know a lot of people didn't care for these films he is doing, but I do enjoy and appreciate sci-fi movies. There really just isn't enough sci-fi.

I really didn't think the two so far were all that bad, I was kind of disappointing that the Xenomorphs are not naturally occurring creates... But that is my only complaint.

It would have been much more disappointing if they canceled the trilogy and left it just at the two.

I was really worried that it was not going to happen do to the Disney take over.

Houseplant
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Houseplant
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No further discussion on this I see... In the first Alien, I think they made use of miniatures when filming the space craft from outside point of view. And it worked very well. I hope there's less empasis on CGI in this upcoming movie. Old Sci fi often had a gritty, used up look and atmosphere.

Alien is 40 years old and has aged well.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

bah, i couldn't care less for any of these remakes. Some classics shouldn't be touched.
No one would create a CGI Mona Lisa just because Leo's drawing style was too primitive and lacked details.

There's nothing great or new to expect from Hollywood/Disney anymore.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

These 3 alien movies from Ridley are not remakes, they are prequels. (I wish they were spin offs, but I think he has confirmed the 3rd will set the original alien movie.)

I am pretty sure it will be a very high amount of CGI like the other two, and TBH I am quite fine with that. The CGI from prometheus and covenant has been very good, much better then most of the shit superhero movie people prase.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I say go ahead! It souldn't be worse than Alien 4 or AVP. I've always just pretended those didn't happen, and everything's okay

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon