Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:56 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Final Sun closes automatically whenever I open a map.
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Moose
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:51 pm    Post subject:  Final Sun closes automatically whenever I open a map.
Subject description: Title ^
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Essentially as it says in the title. I've been adding multiple sides to the game in an attempt to give the feel of sub factions. When i was up to 4 playable sides final sun worked with a few issues loading a few units but nothing i haven't been able to work around.. However I have just added another side making it 5 playable factions (not including neutral and special.) Final Sun automatically closes upon opening any map since adding side 5. TS / TSFS both run fine when playing the game itself and each of the 5 sides run smoothly - I have no issues in regards to that.
I was wondering if anybody could shed any light on this or know a fix for Final Sun in regards to this? Or possibly somebody maybe knows if this is a flaw in Final Sun and it cannot handle that many sides/units/buildings?

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Having extra sides or more buildings or units doesn't crash finalsun, reason could be something else.

Moose
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've attached the log below - maybe this would help? I don't know what i'm looking for though when reading it if i'm being honest.

finalsunlog.txt
 Description:
Log

Download
 Filename:  finalsunlog.txt
 Filesize:  59.58 KB
 Downloaded:  9 Time(s)

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That log file is not useful. If you share the map, publicly or privately, will have a look at it.

Is it only with one map or all the maps?

Moose
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I can open the program that part is fine. It's when i select any map to edit that the program instantly closes as if I was pressing Alt+F4.

I did some tests to see if my rules were the reason for this

I removed the most recent side "NewThree"  from rules.ini and final sun started to work again.

However I then re added NewThree to rules.ini and removed NewOne and NewTwo individually on separate occasions and FinalSun was working with NewThree added. So it seems that its not a particular side that isn't working its just when I have 7 Sides in total added.

I currently have the following
GDI
NOD
NewOne
NewTwo
NewThree
Neutral
Special

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MP maps don't have sides/houses in the maps, so there should be no problem with any number of sides. For SP maps, copy the house list from rules.ini and code its sections, then there should be no problems. Vanilla SP missions have so many additional houses too.

I tested quickly with 7 sides total like yours and it works. There have been mods with 5 playable sides too. Problem that you are having is somewhere else.

If you are just starting, try TSClient, it comes with fixes to FinalSun.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon