Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:39 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Tiberian sun - optional building path question.
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Moose
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:18 am    Post subject:  Tiberian sun - optional building path question.
Subject description: See details of post don't know how to summarise.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My question is in regards to TS/FS.

Firstly is this even possible -

I'd like to make the player have to choose one of three structures. For example lets sat you have built a tech centre and this has given you 3 different further tech buildings. I want the make the player only allowed to pick one and then not allow them to pick the other two. So it would look something like this -> Build Tech building which gives the options of - option 1, option 2, option 3. You pick option1 for example and the other options would be removed only allowing you to invest into one tech.

If this is possible how would I go about it. I'm aware you can make a building a one time only thing by making the BuildLimit=-1. However I want to build a structure and remove the other two options - preferably without using map triggers.

Cheers

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ares has Prerequisite.Negative=(list of buildings).
Code:
[option1]
Prerequisite.Negative=option2,option3
[option2]
Prerequisite.Negative=option1,option3
[option3]
Prerequisite.Negative=option1,option2

It does what you want, but the downside is that Ares doesn't work with TS or FS. Or even vanilla RA2, for that matter; just plain-ol' YR.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OpenRA can do everything too, but no point of mentioning a completely different engine/game here.

@Moose:
There is only a bugged way to do this by using Upgrades as prerequisite and have the upgraded building only have a single upgrade slot.

The bug however is, that Upgrades work only as prerequisite, when build right after the building on which they are placed. Since that can't be ensured every time (players may build something else in between) it's not really a feasible way.

A mod in the past got around this by giving the conyard the upgrade. Since there is no other building available yet, it was this way ensured that one of the upgrades is build right after the conyard is deployed. Each Upgrade would then offer a certain subfaction powerplant and the rest of the subfaction would use this powerplant as prerequisite.

Another option might be, by using the alternate factory workaround.
e.g.
-building is alternate conyard (conyards are like factories)
-conyard offers 3 different strutures
-when one of them is build, use the conyards ProductionAnim to destroy the conyard

Since the alternate conyard offers the new buildings, their construction options would be removed again when the conyard self-destructs. (removed construction options work only when using the alternate factory trick, not when using the ordinary Prerequisite setting)

It wouldn't prevent you from building that alternate conyard again, but it wouldn't be immediately possible again.
For that you could try giving the alternate-conyard BuildLimit=-1, so you can build it only once in the entire game.
See modenc BuildLimit, the comment about negative values.

Not sure if -1 actually works this way, as i think -1 means unlimited. Maybe -2 needs to be set instead.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Moose
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cheers for the replies. Busy at work so haven't had a chance to play around yet with the suggestions. Will update if I have any issues Smile

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The alternate factory work-around actually doesn't work for structures because the game will crash whenever you build a structure that has Factory=BuildingType and then cancel it.

View user's profile Send private message ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon