Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:18 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Remasters heads up: Capacitor at full charge!
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [25 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:04 am    Post subject:  Remasters heads up: Capacitor at full charge!
Subject description: Wired for destruction in 4k!
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Recently, Jim Vessella, producer of the upcoming Command & Conquer Remastered and Command & Conquer Red Alert 1 Remastered has shared some bits about their progress with the production of both games. It seems that they have playable prototypes from both games, including a playable campaign mission, which he did not mention which one is it, neither if it is from Nod or GDI. But they already have the 4k assets for cinematics from it as well.

Anyway, this time, Jim is looking for some feedback on the visual aesthetics of Tesla Tank. He wants to know if it should have one or two rings at the Tesla ball because it only has one ring in game and two in the cinematics. So, should it match the game or the cinematics? Honestly, due to the low resolution of the original MS-DOS version of the game, it should match the cinematic. But there are better things in life to argue with, isn't it true? Anyway, here are the original words posted by Jim Vessella on Reddit about it.

Quote:
Fellow Command & Conquer fans,

Positive momentum continues and earlier this month we completed our first production milestone. This milestone included several key improvements to Tiberian Dawn, most notably delivering our first Campaign mission to full Alpha quality. This means all the mission visuals are now showcasing the 4k assets from Lemon Sky, and the mission can be completed with all the core gameplay mechanics. I’ll admit when playing this full mission experience, the game started to transport me back to when I first played C&C, and I hope it does the same for all of you when the game is released.

However, one of the more exciting accomplishments of this milestone actually had nothing to do with Tiberian Dawn. That’s because we were able to get Red Alert playable for the first time. We are now able to load Red Alert missions, and the game is already being populated with several of the remastered visual assets. That’s because even though Red Alert just became playable in the software, Lemon Sky has actually been creating assets for Red Alert over the past several months. So to celebrate this first step for Red Alert, we thought it would be fun to share a preview for one of the most iconic Red Alert units - the Tesla Tank.

In the same fashion as our approach of the structures, our primary goal for units has been to maintain the authenticity of the original in-game asset. In an effort to take advantage of the 4k resolution, many of our earlier unit concepts included extra widgets and details, but we often found this compromised the unit’s readability at camera game height. So we continued to iterate, and over the months we’ve begun to hone in on these elements, and feel like the Tesla Tank here strikes a good balance between readability and those added details. Of note, we only interpreted one Tesla ring from the legacy in-game asset, but there’s already been a healthy debate with the Community Council whether the Tesla ball should have two rings to match the cinematic reference. Perhaps we can get feedback here from the greater community to help decide this unit’s final look : )

Thanks for your ongoing support and participation, and looking forward to sharing more details as both games now become more playable.

Cheers,

Jim Vessella

Jimtern

Key Words: #News #CommandAndConquer #CommandAndConquerRemastered 

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the game still use original engine right? I hope XCC mixer able to work with it some how. :p

MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's almost like they're handling the advertising/updates like this is a mod... Weird....

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Considering they do this as their full time job, one would expect updates a lot more frequently.
The interval of the updates is like if it's a single person doing this.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
Considering they do this as their full time job, one would expect updates a lot more frequently.

One aspect is that they probably don't want to show too much until they've polished things enough.

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:

Considering that a) doing almost no pre-hyping actually worked for Apex, b) this isn't a new brand that needs to be made aware of first, and c) this is likely a relatively low-budget project by EA standards, I wouldn't be suprised if Jim was, in fact, the one man army for publicity, at least for the moment.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yea, Jim seems to be pretty much a one-man army for publicity and he has no formation on that area. So, it is pretty much looking like a modder doing publicity of his mod.

And I agree with Reaperrr regarding everything else he said.

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Holy_Master wrote:
the game still use original engine right? I hope XCC mixer able to work with it some how. :p

Why? To browse a list of "unknown | SHP(2019)" ? :p

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey! I was first to see and show that! I sent PM and pictures in previous thread about tesla tank Very Happy You plagiarist!
I infiltrated their was factory and saw new unit.
Ha, honestly it was by accident. In facebook I got notification from  that group, they linked new tesla tank, and I though that community here would like to see it (I was surprised that nobody has seen it already). Lucky moment as I do not check facebook often.

Anyway, tesla tank looks fantastic for me. Close to original.

PPM Halloween Season 2021

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
Still more regular than you. Where are those TI buildings? Razz  jk

Mechacaseal
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm coming to  you from the year 2021. They just released this update picture.

TRARel1003.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.6 MB
 Viewed:  2772 Time(s)

TRARel1003.jpg

Mechacaseal
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just got back from the year 2025. theyre almost done with allied faction.

TRARel1002.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.45 MB
 Viewed:  2768 Time(s)

TRARel1002.jpg

McPwny
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Those are a lot of placeholder graphics Mechacaseal...

Sir Modsalot
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Holy_Master wrote:

No, it's not. It's using the GlyphX engine backed by the original source code. Should be a special kind of fun to work with.

[quote="DCoder"]There is no sanity left in this thread.[/quote]

Mechacaseal
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sir Modsalot wrote:
Holy_Master wrote:

No, it's not. It's using the GlyphX engine backed by the original source code. Should be a special kind of fun to work with.

Yes to me it was apparent that they were doing that. Using petro engine with old C&C source code. They even pretty much said that a long time ago. Some people around here kept hinting they were using the old C&C engine which would be dumb as hell to do since it's so old. These classic C&C modders are the only people crazy enough to think the old C&C engines are worth a damn lol. But the petro engine has been pretty bad as well so this is gonna be mediocre. As always we can always just play Starcraft 2.

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mechacaseal wrote:
we can always just play Starcraft 2.

Don't say that to C&C fans and Kane loyalists.
That'd be betrayal and heresy of the highest order.

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Reaperrr wrote:
Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:

One aspect is that they probably don't want to show too much until they've polished things enough.

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:

Considering that a) doing almost no pre-hyping actually worked for Apex, b) this isn't a new brand that needs to be made aware of first, and c) this is likely a relatively low-budget project by EA standards, I wouldn't be suprised if Jim was, in fact, the one man army for publicity, at least for the moment.

p03l2j1d[1].jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  27.3 KB
 Viewed:  2441 Time(s)

p03l2j1d[1].jpg

NimoStar
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What bothers me most about this, other than the extreme low speed of the work and likely lack of much moddability, is that they are going with the exact old "solid color" look.

Back in CNC1 and RA1 this was a necessity for reading the battlefield since each units was only a few pixels, but now in 4k this is a waste.

Not even The Red Alert uses FULL remap solid color (you can see smudges, etc. of details in their textures), and that is a  VERY conservative mod.

They should play with reflextions and give the tank different shades of red, some parts lighters, other darker, others with less saturation, etc. , even if keeping it full remap.

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

NimoStar wrote:
They should play with reflextions and give the tank different shades of red, some parts lighters, other darker, others with less saturation, etc. , even if keeping it full remap.

And use ray-tracing for good measure Wink

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
McPwny
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i find it weird that its going to be some fancy ultra-hd 4k, and at the same time the game assets cant have details because the engine cant handle the graphics. ive got a feeling that is is going to look a lot
like ra3: really cheesey and carntooney like those old army men games from 3do. pure speculation on my part though.
surely the most important facet of the game, to this community at least, would be engine stability and versatility... at any rate it still has that fundamental problem that starts with an E and ends with an A.

NimoStar
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
And use ray-tracing for good measure Wink

Well, if these are pre-rendered sprites as I understand, I don't see why not. Since the ray-tracing is only used once and not in real time by the engine.

If this is 3D - make better textures for the model and not one that looks like play-doh.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Guys... this is really 3D. The rendering engine is from Petroglyph Games and it is known as Glyph engine.

For further info, check my first post at (not Jim Vessella's quote, but my comments after it):
https://ppmforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=46919

Allen
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

McPwny wrote:
i find it weird that its going to be some fancy ultra-hd 4k, and at the same time the game assets cant have details because the engine cant handle the graphics. ive got a feeling that is is going to look a lot
like ra3: really cheesey and carntooney like those old army men games from 3do. pure speculation on my part though.
surely the most important facet of the game, to this community at least, would be engine stability and versatility... at any rate it still has that fundamental problem that starts with an E and ends with an A.

The bold times infinity.

C&C in RA-1 Get it here
http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30101 100+ Single Player Missions! Now playable on CnCNet 5!

Matthias M.
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:
Guys... this is really 3D. The rendering engine is from Petroglyph Games and it is known as Glyph engine.

They should have made this a version with HD sprites and bugs fixed. I probably won't buy it.

Mechacaseal
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Matthias M. wrote:
Banshee wrote:

They should have made this a version with HD sprites and bugs fixed. I probably won't buy it.

they kicked openra to the curb lol.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [25 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!