Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:17 am
All times are UTC + 0
Red Alert 1 modding (CnCNet5)?
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
RAWRmods
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:27 am    Post subject:  Red Alert 1 modding (CnCNet5)? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How do I mod in CnCNet5 specifically? I don't plan on a big project. I want to: balance stats in rules.ini, change shp graphics for some units and some new sounds.

P.S. djohe Wink

djohe
Cyborg Informer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It was answered in this post by FunkyFr3sh: https://ppmforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=580582&highlight=#580582, you clearly missed that post and wrote replies later in that thread but still managed somehow to miss that post.  Smile
For simpler or starter mods I suggest you just make a mod map with just some stat changes.

Also if you want to speak to me directly just send private messages (This thread was aimed at me?)

I can get online on the CnCNet chat if you want me to btw.

FunkyFr3sh
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

RAWRmods
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

djohe wrote:
It was answered in this post by FunkyFr3sh: https://ppmforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=580582&highlight=#580582, you clearly missed that post and wrote replies later in that thread but still managed somehow to miss that post.  Smile
For simpler or starter mods I suggest you just make a mod map with just some stat changes.

Also if you want to speak to me directly just send private messages (This thread was aimed at me?)

I can get online on the CnCNet chat if you want me to btw.

ya i missed FunkyF3sh's reply ¯\_(?)_/¯

i tried it and it worked! but i want to know exactly how modding works. I don't understand why I needed to replace the language, maps, cncnet5.ini and exe.

djohe
Cyborg Informer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Because making a full blown mod requires everyone to have same assets and rules etc, because there is not automatic sending of all files you have on your computer to whoever joins your game session/hosted game except for maps unless I am misstaken, this is why I and Funky are trying to tell you to just keep it simple and just make a mod map with just all your unit stat changes in that map.
FunkyFr3sh wrote:
It's better to create a custom mod map rather than a custom rules.ini file, this way you can just host a game on cncnet and all players will be able to join without the need to download anything. You also have a lot cnc1 shp files available, here is an example mod map:
http://mapdb.cncnet.org/ra/c6e33dcced1b3bc470ddba3ee1510f4bf1a59df5.zip
Example lets say a clone of the map "Keep off the Grass"

[General] ;MOAR crates LOLOLOLOL
CrateMinimum=25 ;default 1

[3TNK] ;tesla heavy tank (do not use Name= because it might crash game sometimes)
Primary=PortaTesla ;Aftermath shock trooper weapon ;map requires aftermath enabled
Secondary=PortaTesla ;Aftermath shock trooper weapon ;map requires aftermath enabled

[4TNK]
Image=CC_HTNK ;C&C1:TD Mammoth Tank image, included in RA1 Online package (CnCNet5)

[APC]
Image=CC_APC ;C&C1:TD APC image, is slightly different, included in RA1 Online package (CnCNet5)

[1TNK]
Image=CC_LTNK ;same as above

[2TNK]
Image=CC_MTNK ;same as above

[STNK] ;phase transport for allies enabled (stealth rocket APC)(requires aftermath)
TechLevel=10 ;default disabled aka -1
Passengers=5 ;default 1
Cost=1350 ;default 800
Owner=allies ;default allies,soviet
Points=50 ;wtf is set to 25 like APC, does not really make difference in MP but whatever

[Powerups] ;nuke explosion crates & cloaking powerup crates
Explosion=1,ATOMSFX,1000 ;Explosion=5,NONE,500
Cloak=5,STEALTH2 ;Cloak=0,STEALTH2

Most people are not willing to download external mods outside of the base game and mod maps unless you already got some sort of fanbase for your own mod and you currently do not. (I am willing mostly just for helping you but beside me I do not think anyone is really willing to do that) This is why you should limit yourself to a mod map, take baby steps sir you are just a beginner.

RAWRmods
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Most people are not willing to download external mods outside of the base game and mod maps unless you already got some sort of fanbase for your own mod and you currently do not. (I am willing mostly just for helping you but beside me I do not think anyone is really willing to do that) This is why you should limit yourself to a mod map, take baby steps sir you are just a beginner.

I appreciate your help and I take with gggrrreat solemnity your urge for me to do a map instead, but I am decided and I want to make shp files too. I have one person, besides you, that is willing to play it. It won't be a big mod and I'll eventually put it in moddb. I don't care if it doesn't get a fanbase, I'm doing it mostly for myself.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum