Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:47 pm
All times are UTC + 0
how to run Ares in Windows 10?
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
RAWRmods
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:53 am    Post subject:  how to run Ares in Windows 10? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

RunAres.bat no longer works in Windows 10, how do i make it work?

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You'll have to be more specific.

What did you or the OS do before Ares.bat broke?

Did you change/rename EXEs? Did you update Windows or drivers?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
djohe
Cyborg Informer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Modified version of the somewhat annoyed PM I sent as a reply on your inability to change [MGG] in RA1:

Dude.... you have to write more about how you are doing stuff etc...
You need to tell stuff like:
Version of RA2:YR and ARES or whatever (in this case probably ARES and RA2:YR and what distributed version is it, is it TUC or TFD or CDs from before TFD or some other distro version of RA2:YR) you are using, if any other changes to the game works correctly or has done it in the past/or ever worked, write the error message you get if you are getting one, how you installed ARES to RA2:YR so we can double check if you are doing something wrong, all I can go on right now is that right now somehow ARES is not working correctly for you for whatever reason when ARES works fine with win7 and above for other people and we know nothing more of your computer/RA2:YR/mod/whatever.

ARES and RA2:YR to my knowledge has no issues with Win10 (unless Microsoft has broken something in a recent patch for Win10) or earlier OS versions.

This is not the first time I see questionable logic of you or lack of proper troubleshooting, provide more info or you just make it really really hard for people to help you and all people can do is tell you provide more info or do stupid guesses of what you may or may not be doing wrong. This goes for everyone asking for help with vauge help questions like this over here at PPM or any other place.
Mad #Cussing out  Ranting!

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@RAWR: if you're using the XWIS EXEs, then Ares won't load.
Ares only loads/injects into the EXE if it's known no problems whatsoever will occur when using that EXE.

This was done to avoid the Ares devs going after errors when the actual problem was the EXE used, and not Ares.

Like, say, an EXE hacked in China. Those guys apparently love hacking. Or Russia.

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
RAWRmods
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

djohe wrote:
Modified version of the somewhat annoyed PM I sent as a reply on your inability to change [MGG] in RA1:

Version of RA2:YR and ARES or whatever (in this case probably ARES and RA2:YR and what distributed version is it, is it TUC or TFD or CDs from before TFD or some other distro version of RA2:YR) you are using, if any other changes to the game works correctly or has done it in the past/or ever worked, write the error message you get if you are getting one, how you installed ARES to RA2:YR so we can double check if you are doing something wrong, all I can go on right now is that right now somehow ARES is not working correctly for you for whatever reason when ARES works fine with win7 and above for other people and we know nothing more of your computer/RA2:YR/mod/whatever.

ARES and RA2:YR to my knowledge has no issues with Win10 (unless Microsoft has broken something in a recent patch for Win10) or earlier OS versions.

This is not the first time I see questionable logic of you or lack of proper troubleshooting, provide more info or you just make it really really hard for people to help you and all people can do is tell you provide more info or do stupid guesses of what you may or may not be doing wrong. This goes for everyone asking for help with vauge help questions like this over here at PPM or any other place.

I already told you before that I'm using CnCNet -__-

"ARES and RA2:YR to my knowledge has no issues with Win10" your knowledge is wrong, there's lots of complaints about it not working with Windows 10.

this is my ini rules for the mobile gap generator

; mobile gap generator
[MGG]
Prerequisite=weap,dome
Primary=Nike
Strength=110
Armor=light
TechLevel=4
Sight=4
Speed=9
Owner=soviet
Cost=800
Points=40
ROT=5
Crewed=yes

RAWRmods
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TAK02 wrote:

I didn't do anything to break it, it just stopped working when I switched to Windows 10. I have a virtual machine where I run the exact same folder and it has no issues. I have googled this and found that RA2 doesn't work in Windows 10 for a lot of people. There's a solution to making RA2 working with a .bat, do you think I could link this RA2.bat to the RunAres.bat?

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

RAWRmods wrote:
TAK02 wrote:

I didn't do anything to break it, it just stopped working when I switched to Windows 10. I have a virtual machine where I run the exact same folder and it has no issues. I have googled this and found that RA2 doesn't work in Windows 10 for a lot of people. There's a solution to making RA2 working with a .bat, do you think I could link this RA2.bat to the RunAres.bat?

And people laugh at me when I tell them WinXP is better than Loser10...

https://xwis.net/forums/index.php/topic/184800-problems-with-playing-yuri/

See which DLL works for you.
Unless YR works and Ares doesn't, this should help you.

If YR does work and only Ares doesn't, go re-download it: https://launchpad.net/ares/

djohe
Cyborg Informer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

RAWRmods wrote:
djohe wrote:

I already told you before that I'm using CnCNet -__-
You expect people to keep track of what everyone is using always? Also provide more info beside just saying I am using CnCNet.
RAWRmods wrote:
djohe wrote:
ARES and RA2:YR to my knowledge has no issues with Win10
Your knowledge is wrong, there's lots of complaints about it not working with Windows 10.
Again I told you to provide more info (in the PM too), also have you even tried to solve the RA2:YR issues on your own by looking up solutions on the internets... if not you should do that.
RAWRmods wrote:
this is my ini rules for the mobile gap generator
[MGG]
Prerequisite=weap,dome
Primary=Nike
Strength=110
Armor=light
TechLevel=4
Sight=4
Speed=9
Owner=soviet
Cost=800
Points=40
ROT=5
Crewed=yes
Where is the rest of the info I requested in the PM... Also that should have gone as a PM and not be in this thread.
I REPEAT:
Troubleshooting 101.. Try yourself to look for solutions (that does not break your computer), if that does not solve issue ask for help and provide as much information as possible.

RAWRmods
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

djohe wrote:
You expect people to keep track of what everyone is using always? Also provide more info beside just saying I am using CnCNet.

It's not that long since we've been speaking, it's not my fault if you have a short memory.

djohe wrote:
Again I told you to provide more info (in the PM too), also have you even tried to solve the RA2:YR issues on your own by looking up solutions on the internets... if not you should do that.

This is irrelevant to my previous comment, and yes I have looked for solutions on the internet.

djohe wrote:
Where is the rest of the info I requested in the PM... Also that should have gone as a PM and not be in this thread.
I REPEAT:
Troubleshooting 101.. Try yourself to look for solutions (that does not break your computer), if that does not solve issue ask for help and provide as much information as possible.

What rest of info? I haven't changed anything else to the Mobile Gap Generator. Telling you that other stuff I've done works isn't a necessary info, especially in the first message about the MGG, you should assume for now that I didnt have an issue with editing other stuff in the .ini, YES ASSUMING ISN'T STUPID as you're so determined to believe it is.

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cool it people, please.

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

djohe
Cyborg Informer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

RAWRmods wrote:
djohe wrote:
It's not that long since we've been speaking, it's not my fault if you have a short memory.
You know that not everyone on PPM knows what you are using right and not everyone cares to look up what you are using by digging trough all your posts and who knows what kind of distribution of RA2 you have beside it being CnCNet or your version of Windows 10 beside it being Windows 10. Or anything else for that matter.
RAWRmods wrote:
djohe wrote:
This is irrelevant to my previous comment, and yes I have looked for solutions on the internet.
Ok what things have you tried then to solve the game not working?
RAWRmods wrote:
djohe wrote:
I REPEAT:
What rest of info? I haven't changed anything else to the Mobile Gap Generator. Telling you that other stuff I've done works isn't a necessary info, especially in the first message about the MGG, you should assume for now that I didnt have an issue with editing other stuff in the .ini, YES ASSUMING ISN'T STUPID as you're so determined to believe it is.
Making wild assumtions about what you have or do not have could result in tons of different issues and solutions that may be totally unrelated to what you want or have.

As I have yet to recieve any PM on the [MGG] issue I went ahead and quickly changed [MGG] to your specifications in "spawn.xdp" of a CnCNet distribution of RA1 and it could be built just fine in CnCNet RA1 v3.03 skirmish by soviets when having war factory + radar dome (only tested skirmish launched via RA1MPLauncher.exe on the standard map: Path Beyond) So again I can not tell what is making it an issue for you without further info. For more CnCNet info refer to this:
FunkyFr3sh wrote:
And if you want me to really go down the assumptions path then all I can think of is that you are using a mod map that overrides the spawn.xdp (CnCNet rules.ini). Beside that I have no idea what you are doing because it works just fine here so provide more info please unless you changing map solved it...

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon