Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:01 am
All times are UTC + 0
[TS] Mini games (CnCnet)
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Holland
Grenadier

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:21 pm    Post subject:  [TS] Mini games (CnCnet)
Subject description: Bloons, pacman & galaga
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

NOTE: ALL THESE MAPS ARE MADE FOR CNCNET!! PLAY ON CNCNET ONLY! (or get the art and mix files from cncnet if you wanna use it on a different client)

Balloons tower defense!
85% refund value
Every player gets money with every kill. After level 4 its after every level.
Single player seems more balanced then the multiplayer one. Also, single player can stop, play and skip timer.

Map is build on testing with the Rebuild-building hotkey, and the place-building hotkey, so make sure you set those hotkeys.

Download SINGLEPLAYER map
Download MULTIPLAYER map(2-4)
(Not the best gif lol lemme know if u want to see one with more action)

PACMAN! ( lmao)
Make sure to be spawn 1, otherwise ion canon (big cookie) won't turn on.
If played with more players, you can eat the other player!
Download pacman

GALAGA!
Use force fire (ctrl) to shoot
You can get an extra shooter/life if you let yourself be captured like in the original game!
Be spawn 1, otherwise u can't get extra missle (when shooting top spaceship) and extra lifes!!
Download Galaga!

They were all made pretty fast, tested enough to make it bug free. Just for fun!! enjoy! Very Happy.
Oh and here are the map links, you can just copy "/map mapcode1234" into cncnet when hosting a map or in skirmisch, and it will put the map for you Smile

Balloons towerdefense.Single player
/map c8b90ccb7b61acfd3b00fb84570015bdebd91d8f
Balloons td multi player
/map 791cb5c9ced0eba012efa3aace69cfd5e95b2d72
Pacman
/map c3c26cd9d9fd82824329ee831ab616bf3ba63cec

abductiongalaga.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  115.27 KB
 Viewed:  4568 Time(s)

abductiongalaga.gif

galagav103.mpr
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  galagav103.mpr
 Filesize:  98.01 KB
 Downloaded:  20 Time(s)

pacmanv107.mpr
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  pacmanv107.mpr
 Filesize:  223.96 KB
 Downloaded:  18 Time(s)

balloons towerdefense three player v1.4.mpr
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  balloons towerdefense three player v1.4.mpr
 Filesize:  110.95 KB
 Downloaded:  17 Time(s)

balloons towerdefense SINGLEPLAYER v1.1.mpr
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  balloons towerdefense SINGLEPLAYER v1.1.mpr
 Filesize:  110.32 KB
 Downloaded:  23 Time(s)

MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I really might have to try these, or look into how they are done. These are probably one of the more interestingly clever things I have seen in long time!

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Pacman and Galaga definitely give that nice retro vibe.
I wouldn't have expected to see something like that in the TS engine.
Well done. Approved!

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Holland you're really bringing us forward with ideas like this, it's like a whole new world just opened up.

Goes to show you can still teach an old Tiberian fiend new tricks.

Also, I never would have imagined my balloons would be put to such good use! /me does a little dance

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Holland
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank you guys! I appreciate that!

Ofc they can be better. The galaga levels can use different scripts and such, but i do have a few questions,
The pacman (is a train ofc) gets tiny damages after every crush, i dunno how to avoid that. 0 debris from the dots (gactwr's) don't work.
The other question is how to get galaga to face the direction it shoots, like mk2 and devil

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Holland wrote:
how to get galaga to face the direction it shoots, like mk2 and devil

Do what Speeder and Mental Omega did with their Jackal Racer and a couple of other Foehn vehicles.
A vehicle usually consists of the body and the turret.
The turret always faces the target (be it the cell it should move to or, as the higher priority), while the body always faces the movement direction (not destination).

Now, you either figure it out yourself, or you click here:

Spoiler (click here to read it):
make an empty VXL, name it galaga.vxl, but rename the original galaga to galagatur.vxl.
Basically, make so the vehicle has no actual body, and that the actual body is the turret... or something like that.
I'm terrible at explaining stuff, but if it gets the point across, who cares, eh? Confused
Do note tho that this will result in the vehicle having no shadow. If you need a dummy shadow, make a thin disk as the vehicle's "body".

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
Holland
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks TAK02!!

That makes so much sense. i understand so many things now lol, like why
modding the titan and mk2 gave problems, thanks for that,.

I also remember SpeedType Creep without enabling firestorm makes it face 1 direction, but i believe there was some errors coming with that too. i shld look into that

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Why is pacman a train?
A simple labyrinth made of impassable walls would restrict movement the same way as a track.
Then you could add a custom crate and the unit would collect the crates without being damaged.
Since Neutral house units are unable to pick up crates, there's also no chance for the "ghosts" to eat the pacman pills.

Public SHPs

Tools

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
Why is pacman a train?

So he can't turn around, probably?
Altho, if a train has multiple opportunities to go to a cell behind it, it will execute a 90°+ turn.
Unless the train-machincs aren't as broken in TS as they are in RA2...

Try it: fill a custom-sized area (like 5x5) with the track-overlay (or erase MovementLimitedTo=Railroad on a IsTrain=yes vehicle)...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
Holland
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It just came to me spontaneously. You can also eat the ghosts being a train and they just respaw . I guess using crates would make it more like the original. Its its own game right now thats for sure. Problem with crates for me; dunno how to change its image and game cant count when level is complete. At least there is a trigger # buildings destroyed that goes with running over towers.

Also i tried first with the big cookie to make the ghosts emped and a team to make m sleep so u can eat them without being attacked, but problems with both

Perhaps a crate can appear as a fruit like in the original haha thats fun.
Its got some fun potential for it, there are some fun unique pacman kinds out there so i could add more special stuff. Or even a multiplayer one where u can eat eachother and i guess prices like an extra pacman with 30 dots, and ofcourse more speed as elite powerup.
Its so much fun

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I can suggest making each pacman pill into a HEALALL crate to prevent train damage from accruing.
You can still make it so the floaters still KO in one hit

speaking of floaters, are they using Visceroid logic?

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Last edited by Team Black on Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:46 am; edited 2 times in total

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You could set the Crate to give only 1 credits, then have a trigger which fires when the players credits are bigger than a certain value.
So the player collects crates, this way gets money and wins when money is bigger than the total amount of crates.

As a fun idea, you could use a Titan without a barrel as Pacman. The round shape of it coming a bit closer to pacman imo, than this current boxy thing.
Then when picking up a Cherry, use TruckA - TruckB logic to switch the image from the Titan without a barrel to one with a barrel.
Since that only changes the image, but not really the unit, you can use the IonStorm to enable/disable Pacman's weapon.
By default have the map run an ionstorm and Pacman using a weapon with IonSensitive=yes to shut down the weapon during ion storms.
When picking up a Cherry, the IonStorm disables for a short duration and Pacman can shoot.
The different map lighting of IonStorm and Normal can add a nice little detail.

Public SHPs

Tools

Holland
Grenadier

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

!!! Genius

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon