Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:34 pm
All times are UTC + 0
PPM slow?
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 2 [93 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:02 am    Post subject:  PPM slow? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Has anyone else been experiencing slowness with PPM/Forums or hosted sites?

UNSC THE CHILL OF WAR
Combat Engineer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i do. usually when im using the search tool

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

not quite

Anderwin
General

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is was down in some days ago. Sad

MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Am I really the only one that experiences slowness at PPM?

Its really kind of bad...

It's not just searching, it's everything.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

works fine for me. haven't noticed any significant slowdown in quite a while.
loading, editing pages is done in max 2 seconds.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I am experiencing slowness at the PPM's webmaster. I mean... I need to post more news Laughing

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Today, it's my first day in 2019 to experience slowness for now.

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PPM is slow, even tho it's Friday morning here.
So it's not my own connection...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Still haven't noticed any slowdown at any time here.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

,,Service Temporarily Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Additionally, a 503 Service Temporarily Unavailable error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

It was for few minutes, moments ago.

PPM Halloween Season 2021

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This happens for more than 20 minutes.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yea, I also had that. So far, I don't think I can do much about that....

Anderwin
General

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the few days the PPM have been REALLY slow and some pages haven't even open Sad

MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

At least it's not just me...  Confused

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It is because of you MadHQ! You caused this by hacking site and slowing it down to extract classified informations which Banshee is holding there! Very Happy
But seriously,  site is really slow last few days and there is often 503 error which I report from time to time.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

[Nevermind what I said....]

Last edited by Banshee on Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee, whatever you or the server guys are doing: revert it. You're killing the site with 503s!

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I haven't done anything wrong. These error 503s happen because the traffic of the forums bypass the limits provided by the server. There are things in this forum that are working slowly right now and I am trying to track it. The problem that I thought that I tracked yesterday was actually a consequence of the error 503. Therefore, I've edited my post above.

MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The forums have been really bad for the past few days...

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm working to speed up the bbcode processing code, which has been tracked as one of the processor hogs of this forum. If YouTube videos fails in the next minutes, be patient and it will be fixed, as ModDB and Twitch were.

Update: And it's over. YouTube videos works fine and the forums should be faster now

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for fixing it, it was really slow past few days.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yea, it was terrible for all of us. Wink

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My people used to say ,,Every evil has it's end". It is good that it is over now. Seems that site works better now.

MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ya, it kind of seems like it has fixed it, so far.

What was wrong with the bbc code that could have slowed it down that much?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There were too many unnecessary preg_replace() and I was really lazy with regex, to be honest. Now each bbcode variation has only one regex template and there is only one preg_replace to rule them all.

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've had so many 503s this morning PPM was barely reachable.

I wonder how many times I'll get another while trying to post this...

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Something or someone was trying to crawl the forums (or voluntarily or not, doing a DDoS) in a completely abusive way using Huawei Cloud Services, according to cPanel.

MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ya, the forums where bad yesterday and today as well.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The forums are only fine when the chinese people are sleeping. Their bots are still running, but not with the same power as they have when they are awake. So, I have less than 8 hours to work on a solution. It is under development right now...

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And the solution was deployed. It improved the situation considerably, but we still suffer downtime (error 503s) from the same squadron of bots using other IP ranges. I'll work on a new strategy to cut the crap out of this massive DDoS campaign against this place.

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Does anyone know of what else the bots hit?

Maybe the actual target is the PPM host and we're just collateral damage? Maybe a sour person got a tad too angry?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The target is strictly PPM forums. I need to check if other PPM domains are also hit, although I have the impression that it is targeted at the forums. Anyway, the forums are more vulnerable than the other places, because it uses more SQL queries than anywhere else in PPM.

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah! If lightning kills one person it is accident, but if it kills two people, then it is conspiracy. They want war with us! Angry man, competitor, whoever it is. Well, Banshee is unique, he has no competitors Very Happy About angry hackers ..... well ... I do not know.
I also experienced few minutes ago slowdown, site was frozen

MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The forums where dead this morning as well.

My site doesn't seem to be impacted, so it just must be these forums.

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah! Site was slow today. Seems that Banshee angered someone, he slept with someone's wife, and now that person sent angry Chinese hacker after us. Very Happy Very Happy  Very Happy

But seriously, I do not see purpose of it. They will just slow forums down and thats it. This site does not make any money from forums, this will be fixed soon or later, so those attacks are pointless.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just checked the logs after noticing a huge drop on the guest count and... at the time I saw the logs, it seemed that the chinese botnet or whatever it is was no longer targeting PPM forums. I'm wondering if anyone (human being) from China can still visit this place.

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

But I still got 503 few minutes ago.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

They are not gone, but the intensity of their botnet has changed... meaning: reduced. And I am still not done with my protective actions against this thing. At least, the situation is more comfortable now.

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh yea. Good to hear that. But what do you think that goal of this crap is? To damage PPM at any way?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It is still not clear if their idea is to shut down PPM or force bots to spam undesired advertisement the hell out of this place.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Update: We have adopted stricter measures now. The forums should be faster for a while, but the real test starts when "China wake up" (8:00 am at Beijing UTC+8).

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

"We want war! Wake up!" - Conscript reporting for Mother Russia and comrade China

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hell March, heh?

But, in reality, PPM wants no war. To be honest, I think these recent stricter measures solved the botnet problem.

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You're right, Kane wouldn't want us to go to war with the chinese; he'd want them to join our glorious Brotherhood of Nod.

I am curious tho as to what you and/or some other member(s) of this forum have done to upset our chinese comrades here.

Have you banned anyone recently?
Or has anyone been insulting someone else, regardless whether or not you feel he/she deserved it?

Or maybe we just have a chinese member and his fine neighbours have a vendetta against him/her...

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't really know who is doing that. What I've noticed is that this botnet already affected PPM for eons. However, they've become stronger here since last month into a point where it was exhausting PPM's credits with the MySQL service of our host machine and we had to pull a break on them in order to survive.

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh, seems that forums are faster now

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The stricter measures were approved in terms of performance. My concern now lies with Chinese human visitors, especially those from China Telecom.

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

But for that you need to ask someone whose is from there. Kenosis is from China if I remember correctly.

Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!