Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:44 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Scorched Earth MOD by G-E
Moderators: Generals Moderators, Global Moderators, OpenRA Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 16 of 18 [866 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 Next
TAK02
General

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks nice!

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok, barring some glitches I haven't discovered, mission 10 is done.

Now, 12 is still kicking my ass. I've removed most of the buildings, sanitized the map overlays, deleted most of the AITtrigger attacks, fixed a few event conditions, checked all the scripts, etc... still crashes.

thumb_all12.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  250.22 KB
 Viewed:  11350 Time(s)

thumb_all12.jpg

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What about those unnaturally white spots?
Looks like a terrain problem for the renderer, and might also be a problem for the game.

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There are no white spots, but I also overwrote all the terrain with flat snow after and removed more triggers. By every indication it's a skeleton of a map and still crashing at 3/4 loading.

Anyway NEW SNAPSHOT IS UP!

I would appreciate feedback on the Allied missions... shouldn't be too distressing not to be able to finish the campaign yet Smile

MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Does the map that keeps crashing contain any SE resources, if not, you can always attach it or PM it to me and I can have a looks.

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MadHQ wrote:
Does the map that keeps crashing contain any SE resources, if not, you can always attach it or PM it to me and I can have a looks.

That's just it, the map itself crashes unmodified from maps02.mix, which means it has to be SE changing something it expects.

All I found is two instances of the wrong building in the event "building exists..." because I moved some of them around, that's not a crashworthy problem. The trigger I remember is "Kremlin Secured 1", NAFLAK is now 19, which is obvious because the adjacent conditions are for NALASR and TELSA, but I recall another one, maybe the Kremlin itself...

Also I noticed the Soviet tech capture AI triggers build Allied Engineers instead of the right one, but even with that fixed it still crashes. Since the AI ignores prerequisites again this shouldn't be a game breaker.

Beyond that I've removed damn near everything I could, including the entire progression of Tanya's victory, without changing the result.

I'm stumped.... pretty sure you'd need to download SE if you want to help.

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Playthrough of remastered mission 1...

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Turned the mission 10 map into a skirmish map...

Pretty, and hard.

blackforest.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  450.17 KB
 Viewed:  11200 Time(s)

blackforest.jpg

RIAKTOR
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

G-E wrote:
Turned the mission 10 map into a skirmish map...

Pretty, and hard.
Vanilla tanks was better.

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Finishing up Soviet mission #1 remaster...

thumb_sov.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  188.87 KB
 Viewed:  10252 Time(s)

thumb_sov.jpg

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks lovely!

Are you planning on making an enlarged version of DC where the White House can be seen too?

Is there a bigger pic?
I'm interested in base and residential layouts, assuming you don't mind others being inspired by your work.

One thing that doesn't make sense tho is the patch of Farm Crops to the mid-north.
I thought the Pentagon was in the city's core?

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Allied mission #6 covers the east side.

thumb_all6.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  176.53 KB
 Viewed:  10240 Time(s)

thumb_all6.jpg

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

More crack for the hoes.

Needed a GW statue for a mission remake later.

Hopefully gonna bang out 3-4 more buildings this week.

officeboothgw.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  344.62 KB
 Viewed:  10136 Time(s)

officeboothgw.jpg

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Another one Smile

blocks.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  316.3 KB
 Viewed:  10106 Time(s)

blocks.jpg

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

New buildings for old maps... Smile

newbld.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  354.49 KB
 Viewed:  10038 Time(s)

newbld.jpg

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And now for something different...

newvoxies.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  52.3 KB
 Viewed:  9987 Time(s)

newvoxies.jpg

gameaddict11707
Grenadier

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Those voxels look great, though I'm curious how the red trailer's gonna work ingame since it's supposed to just sit there, and neutral units start moving around when they come under attack.

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MovementRestrictedTo= works wonders.

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Some snippets from the updated Harbourfront map...

New snapshot is up too.

hf-radio.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  180.87 KB
 Viewed:  9853 Time(s)

hf-radio.jpg

hf-factories.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  343.63 KB
 Viewed:  9853 Time(s)

hf-factories.jpg

Anderwin
General

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Love the new civs models Very Happy

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

By models you mean voxels? I do all my buildings in photoshop, 97.2% of the time without a 3D base rendering.

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Why? Take the lazy approach #Tongue

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Done or almost done the mapping phase of Soviet mission 2... looking pretty good I must say.

The scripting is such a mess though, every building has crates and there are a bunch of unused things:
Code:
---- MISSION ----

checking MAP: sov02t.map
NOTICE -> IgnoreGlobalAITriggers not set, skipping...
NOTICE -> unused TeamType: 0C4B427C (PC Landers 1)
NOTICE -> unused TeamType: 0A2E2520 (Fleet 3)
NOTICE -> unused TeamType: 0AFB538C (2 Chrono Harvesters)
NOTICE -> unused TeamType: 0A2E2840 (Fleet 1)
NOTICE -> unused TeamType: 094236FC (3 Soviet Engineers)
NOTICE -> unused TeamType: 0A2E2630 (Fleet 2)
NOTICE -> unused TeamType: 0A2E2BB0 (Fleet Guard)
NOTICE -> unused TeamType: 0A081A1C (Vlad is Sleepy)
NOTICE -> unused TaskForce: 092BF5A0 (2 Sea Scorpions)
NOTICE -> unused TaskForce: 0AC3081C (4 Grizzly Medium Tanks)
NOTICE -> unused TaskForce: 089C04F0 (2 GIs)
NOTICE -> unused TaskForce: 0933E470 (1 Sub)
NOTICE -> unused TaskForce: 09914F40 (Vlad's Force)
NOTICE -> unused TaskForce: 08B56160 (1 Medium Tank)
NOTICE -> unused TaskForce: 0965F19C (3 S Engineers)
NOTICE -> unused TaskForce: 07CCF750 (3 Soviet Armored Transports)
NOTICE -> unused Script: 092A7900 (Attack Beach Destroyers)
NOTICE -> unused Script: 0990A2EC (Move to BC)
NOTICE -> unused Script: 09EA6560 (Attack ShipYard)
NOTICE -> unused Script: 07C478E0 (Move it out)
NOTICE -> unused Script: 0720F2A0 (Wave 1.1)
NOTICE -> unused Script: 0720DDE0 (Wave 1.3)

Total processing time: 619ms

thumb_sov2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  141.8 KB
 Viewed:  9752 Time(s)

thumb_sov2.jpg

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Working on NYC is proving challenging even with my terrain...

nyc.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  613.71 KB
 Viewed:  9586 Time(s)

nyc.jpg

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looking at those resized buildings... wow, was Westwood's scale really that off ? #Tongue

I like your custom buildings, they fit really well. Except for that big blue tower, it looks out of place. Could probably have a better sky texture on the windows or something.

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crimsonum wrote:
Looking at those resized buildings... wow, was Westwood's scale really that off ? #Tongue

Yea it's pretty crazy, especially for some reason YR buildings are even larger, like almost double scale.

Crimsonum wrote:
I like your custom buildings, they fit really well. Except for that big blue tower, it looks out of place. Could probably have a better sky texture on the windows or something.

I wanted to make a series of glass skyscrapers but I haven't got around to it, priority is more medium-sized buildings, with extra priority on top facing ones like the trapezoidal one in the middle.

In parallel I'm slowly replacing some of the WW buildings with modified art, sometimes to change the scale, sometimes to make it bigger. In a few cases with tall buildings, I actually shrank the foundation to help with z-shape clipping. In a sense I can see why WW chose the average sizes they did based on the engine limitations, but just as often it seems they weren't even on the same page.

If we were going for realism, most of these buildings would be 10x the size. The average tank is about 9ft tall, that's about 1 storey, imagine how tall 50 tanks would be... or even 100 in the case of the WTC.

mooooree.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  63.97 KB
 Viewed:  9532 Time(s)

mooooree.jpg

DaubertMotion
Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

For some of the larger buildings, would it make sense to split into two like they did with the Pentagon?  Or would that just be a huge PITA?

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DaubertMotion wrote:
For some of the larger buildings, would it make sense to split into two like they did with the Pentagon?  Or would that just be a huge PITA?

That would be fine except that height is the primary issue for most of them, so even if I did a 2 by 2 grid of 3x3 foundation towers, I still couldn't make the WTC taller. I could see it being useful on those snaking brutalist apartments made by the Soviets, or more locally the high density downtown businesses that eventually merge into a rectangle with a courtyard/parking inside them. As for difficulty, I can't see it being too hard, certainly would take longer.

I think for the purposes of variability, it would make sense for each building to work standalone, like when you make a strip mall, you have 4-6 small businesses (say 1x2) next to each other, seems more ideal to be able to mix'n'match them to produce new combinations?

markets.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  239.98 KB
 Viewed:  9515 Time(s)

markets.jpg

DaubertMotion
Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This might not be feasible, but suppose you made a non-selectable .shp vehicle with balloon hover that you position over a structure to add z-height? With map triggers, you could probable destroy the unit/building top if the base/structure is destroyed.  Could even add a death anim for the collapse.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What is the issue with building height? The only problem that I've had is that when the buildings foundation goes off screen it stops being rendered even though the top of it should still be visible.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mig Eater wrote:
What is the issue with building height? The only problem that I've had is that when the buildings foundation goes off screen it stops being rendered even though the top of it should still be visible.

My tallest building is Height=28, and there are already side effects beyond the need for bibs or anims to hide the clipping.

MuzzleFlash offsets don't work in values near or above 100 in any direction, so you can't even utilize much of the height for that, the code works but it is hidden behind the building image because the engine assumes the location also equates to cell Z. This coincidentally also applies to DamageFireOffset, so that fires that do damage within the foundation will not do damage outside the foundation.

I've never put really tall buildings at the bottom edge of a map like that, but I'll see what I can get away with for NYC, since I do have to make a bit of Brooklyn on the bottom of the map.

What are you suggesting/doing for really tall buildings?

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Before I finish NYC I figure I'll have added another 15 skyscrapers and things...

newyorkjunk.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  68.26 KB
 Viewed:  9433 Time(s)

newyorkjunk.jpg

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Finally have a pair of unique WTCs!

Working on some of the buildings around them, like WTC4 & 7, and the Roosevelt hotel soon.

wtcs.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  215.94 KB
 Viewed:  9365 Time(s)

wtcs.jpg

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Decided to change a couple of replacement tiles, don't really need the S-bends anyway...

crosswise.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  157.62 KB
 Viewed:  9322 Time(s)

crosswise.jpg

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lovely roads.

How do you make them? First PNG/JPG to SHP and then TMP?

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In the case of roads or anything that needs to match existing tiles:
- copy the relevant sources, whether that's whole image or individual cells to Photoshop
- edit/combine images to desired result
- save a new .tmp template of X by X cells as needed
- paste whole image onto TMP Editor, delete unnecessary cells
- open and resave in TMP Builder to fix cell ordering, if cells were deleted

Once the tile is made, any future editing is just copying the whole image to PS and back.

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Every city needs public housing right?

projects.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  165.72 KB
 Viewed:  9221 Time(s)

projects.jpg

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Two new maps...

thumb_tyndall.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  106.16 KB
 Viewed:  9049 Time(s)

thumb_tyndall.jpg

thumb_fingersofwar.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  101.05 KB
 Viewed:  9049 Time(s)

thumb_fingersofwar.jpg

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

New snapshot is up!

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Couple more fast-game maps, not many of them in the mod.

thumb_forgottenvolcano.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  81.55 KB
 Viewed:  8977 Time(s)

thumb_forgottenvolcano.jpg

thumb_aleutians.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  105.26 KB
 Viewed:  8977 Time(s)

thumb_aleutians.jpg

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like these maps, very Westwood-esque in terms of style.

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm not so sure about that, WW didn't seem to use trees densely at all, preferring to scatter them around more evenly. It is kind of understandable when there were so few types of tree, but C&C1/RA1 were also like that too.

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've got Streamlabs setup to do some Twitch livestreams, I haven't decided if I'll stream with any frequency, but I'm gonna be live for the next while...

https://www.twitch.tv/athse/videos

XxpeddyxX
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Love the maps

ayylmao on Discord

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks, you can watch me get my ass kicked play testing them on Twitch Smile

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

New snapshot is up after a loooot of itty bitty bugfixing in virtually every map, courtesy of a new script I'm working on...

Finished a new map as well, Midtown.

thumb_midtown.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  127.41 KB
 Viewed:  8699 Time(s)

thumb_midtown.jpg

XxpeddyxX
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ooft what a map, btw do you not save a copy of your old streams? Or is my internet that bad haha

ayylmao on Discord

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No perhaps I'm a n00b because I don't see anywhere to save the streams. I haven't been recording them locally being low on space.

I might burn some things off and try tonight.

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm rather proud of this map...

thumb_touristdest.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  103.45 KB
 Viewed:  8603 Time(s)

thumb_touristdest.jpg

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Used Streamlabs to record a round at 1080p, came out pretty decent even if the match was rather sedate.

I don't really have a solution to the failure of triggering the recording hotkeys from within the game, unlike say Mrillis Action or CamStudio which both worked fine. I tried a dozen hotkey combos but no luck, and that more or less precludes recording at less than 1080p due to the alt-tab switch.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 16 of 18 [866 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 Next
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon