Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:06 pm
All times are UTC + 0
dont get how the loop sounds
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
suffle19
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:13 pm    Post subject:  dont get how the loop sounds Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have sound sample and i wanted to add it for building as loop(it 1+min)...
So it works but it covers all other sounds in set by default range.

regarding to this sound it wont work as 16bit PCM but works as IMA ADPCM

Do I reallly need to split it to a few samples?

Code:

[NRLoop]
Sounds= bhumecliloop
Control= loop
Type= shroud
Volume=55

Also i tried this

Code:

[NRLoop]
Sounds= bhumecliloop
Control= loop ambient
Priority= Low            ;;;also Priority= Lowest but its not working on that
Type= shroud
Volume=40

Also I cant really understand how sound system works. I getting some sounds louder or quieter depends on how many sounds on screen atm, also it happens when music volume changed.
P.s
Sounds has Mono 22050hz 16-bit PCM WAV RAW-format
Themes has only IMA ADPCM and some DB correction

suffle19
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How many sounds may be implemented in "Sounds =" tag?

And does anyone knows what is the maximum length of PCM sounds supported?

I've tried to convert some sounds into IMA ADPCM(cuz of limited PCM length support) but since its "themes" format they r can interrupt each other.
My luck its worked for me.

NimoStar
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't think many people researched how sound works as compared to graphics. Sad.

We are in a mostly visual medium and sound is underappreciated.

suffle19
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I did some mad experiment Very Happy As I said my sound sample has 1+min length so i've tried 2 ways to make it fully worked...

1.I split it into 1-2 sec samples so after i get 90+ samples and then i spelled all of them in "Sounds="... Result was not quite what i wanted but splitting allowed me to convert them into wav16PCM this is a good moment but as i was afraid game wont load all of 90+ samples and there were only 10-20 of them working.

2.I decide to split them with more length in each of pieces ~10-15sec and here's the moment where i get errors with converting into PCM, if i convert them by third party software - game just wont to play it, but mixer wont convert it too(so
the whole problem is length of PCM that game reads, its limited) so i make IMA ADPCM conversion as temporary crutch. Problem with this format is that its interrupting by music themes, as i said earlier. Sometimes it works fine but when next theme starts they stop playing

Currently I dont have time but I will back to this and I will finish this question.
That is how I added building ambient loop Very Happy from 1 full track.

gameaddict11707
Grenadier

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think "bhumecliloop" (12 letters) is too long of a filename for the game to handle. Shorten it to 8 letters or less and see if that does anything.

suffle19
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

gameaddict11707 wrote:
I think "bhumecliloop" (12 letters) is too long of a filename for the game to handle. Shorten it to 8 letters or less and see if that does anything.

It works as IMA ADPCM but wont as 16PCM,
So no its not in the length of file name. Also as splited version it was renamed to short ones.

If you not clearly understand why is all about 16bitPCM: all fx sounds and unit voicelines must be 22050mhz 16bit PCM WAV... When IMA ADPCM is Themes  format.
And game it self has limit(i assume) on the length of 16bit PCM sounds
Cuz when PCM is longer than N length it wont play at all and in this case if u r using xcc mixer to convert ur sounds it will gives you an error if you try convert it into wav pcm

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon