Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:04 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Aircraft crash explosions/sounds
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
lazygecko
Civilian

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:16 pm    Post subject:  Aircraft crash explosions/sounds Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I tried adding a new death explosion (and new sound for said explosion in art.ini) for the Orca Fighter but it doesn't seem to be triggering in any way ingame when they get shot down from the air. I can't seem to figure out how any of this works. I was told that in RA2 aircraft explosions are triggered from the primary weapon they have. But if that were also the case in TS, they would have used the custom explosions/sounds I made for the weapon/warhead, but it's just the default one with the expnew09 sound. So what gives? Is this stuff actually hardcoded?

djohe
Cyborg Informer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It is limited to what is said in C4Warhead= in [CombatDamage] section of rules.ini that is shared by a load of things that explode, for more info see this: https://www.modenc.renegadeprojects.com/C4Warhead

It is not related to primary weapon or some death weapon like in RA2 / RA2:YR.

As said in the link you might be able to change the last entry in the AnimList= of the warhead linked to C4Warhead= but I am not 100% sure if it will work and I do not feel like testing it for you right now and it has been a while since I last messed with modding Tiberian Sun.

I may or may not look into it more at somepoint later unless you got what you needed.

lazygecko
Civilian

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks. It's like you said and a whole bunch of other things seem to rely on the C4warhead's animlist. I put the Orca crash last in the list and it works, but things like blue tib explosions also trigger it. I was told that you could potentially work around it by adding a lot more animations to the list, but at this point it doesn't really feel like it's worth the trouble with how unpredictable the whole system is with the logic choosing from an animlist based on damage.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon