Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:56 am
All times are UTC + 0
Command & Conquer Remastered Gameplay Teaser and Website
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 2 [58 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2
OrangeNero2
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Age of Empires Definitive Edition says hi. This is so pointless.

Sorry but why not just get the damn Generals 2 assets and the End of Nation assets and then licence some RTS engine and get that going????

I have no excitement for this. None. 0. and I played these games to death. Like literally, to death.

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OrangeNero2 wrote:
literally, to death.

And yet you still function. Therefore you are either a liar or a zombie.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
OrangeNero2
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The saying means you die when you have to do it again. I can't play that old game anymore. I can't even look at it anymore tbh.

I have the same with Age of Empires 2. I hope that the Definitive Edition that comes out in some days is gonna solve that.

By the way isn't this FANTASTIC?!

2019 and we're looking forward to C&C and AoE and its the same games!!! hehehe, my 11 year old self from back in the day would have never believed this.

By the way I found this https://steamcommunity.com/app/370070/ its made with some mod friendly RTS engine. A Warcraft 2 clone that is easilly moddable. Plays like C&C meets AoE meets Warcraft 2. Totally rad.

Why aren't there more C&C mods in other engines? I mean, Star Wars Battlegrounds or Supreme Commander are prime candidates. The Cybrans even look sooo much like Nod.

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OrangeNero2 wrote:
I can't play that old game anymore. I can't even look at it anymore tbh.

Then what did you make a new account here for, then?

OrangeNero2 wrote:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/370070/ its made with some mod friendly RTS engine. A Warcraft 2 clone that is easilly moddable.

Any sort of -craft and Generals = bottom-bar, even for clones. Set them all on fire #evil

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
OrangeNero2
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I still mod Tiberian Sun and RA2 occasionally. Sure not much has happened and I barely find motivation for that but it never died off in all these years.

But I got a Youtube channel going and am looking towards I dunno featuring/presenting some mods and gaming communities and stuff.

Also no offense but TaxOwlBear plays so bad I can't stand his gameplay videos. I mean I love the guy and what he's doing and promoted him when he made a video for my mod but damn...

Ya know if it wasn't for me he wouldn't even use G or place his refinery next to the Tiberium field.

OrangeNero2
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
like dark and gritty textures and lighting on the conyard and refinery, but smooth and bright textures on the other buildings.

You're not the only one who voices this concern but I don't see it.

Whats more have you ever seen a newly constructed building? Well, no because you're german *snicker* but new buildings especially in Italy look almost alien in the landscape.

So fresh and clean and new.

These here are industrial buildings. They got that look going even more. Not everything has to look like some Mad Max GLA or Orc weapons factory from the swamp with oil and scratches and rough edges everywhere.

Now with these realistic graphics its gonna look even more ridiculous when that MLRS fires at helicopters... I welcome it that C&C modding communities has realized the need of a dedicated AA vehicle.

Surgeon
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm having trouble finding words to describe how I feel about this, heh.

I'll at least give them this much: I actually like the fact that they've got original takes on the tank designs rather than subbing in an Abrams or Bradley. I find those vehicles visually boring to the extreme. Perhaps it's because games and movies have given them too much limelight in the past two decades.

As a whole, though, it just looks so... cheap? I recall joking previously that the ConYard looks like something from one of those dime a dozen knockoff mobile games, but now we've got these gameplay teasers and they still look like something from a dime a dozen knockoff mobile game! They'd look fine on the screen of my phone, but this is supposed to be a PC game? Eh...

Not sure what I was expecting exactly, but something more visually impressive would've been nice. I'm not even talking about the visuals of the structures and units necessarily, just... any sort of doodads and fluff. Spice up the terrain textures. Diversify the explosions. Add more particle effects. Give the A10 contrails. Make vehicles leave track marks. DO SOMETHING OUTSIDE THE ORIGINAL GAME.

Nope... structure explodes in a series of identical explosions, leaving behind a set of identical smoke sprites, synced animation and everything (but it actually looks worse because the fire and smoke animation isn't looped seamlessly lol). What's the point? So you can have the realtime-toggle-orignal-gfx-to-HD gimmick? You know, if I wanted the play the game with original gfx there's a really simple solution I can think of.

That's to say, I guess I find myself disappointed.

OrangeNero2
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Those games that you call "cheap knockoff mobile games" actually have great graphics... I mean I hate and despise them but damn they often look really cool and appealing.

Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!