Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:37 pm
All times are UTC + 0
War Factory
Moderators: Madin
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Madin
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:34 pm    Post subject:  War Factory
Subject description: RA1
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

At last! Your allied vehicles will no longer be exiting from the GDI war factory!

For traditionalist, the War factory does not start out with repair drones. However, as soon as you wish, you can upgrade all current, and future War factories, with drones.

That's it!

RA1_Warfactory_10.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  486.66 KB
 Viewed:  2767 Time(s)

RA1_Warfactory_10.jpg

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i have to say it looks a little bit simple
The original one was a tad asymmetric in that the door was slightly towards one side. It had a bricks texture on the sides and only the roof as remap.
The windows look more like some smooth concrete, not a transparent reflective material.

I assume you have to make it that high to have the vehicles fit inside?

In DTA i made the windows a transparent activeanim, so you can see the new build unit inside the factory. Couldn't you do this here as well?

RAWeap.png
 Description:
bigger render of the one i made for DTA (i can get away with a lot less details due to the tiny ingame size)
 Filesize:  84.52 KB
 Viewed:  2752 Time(s)

RAWeap.png

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Madin
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
i have to say it looks a little bit simple
The original one was a tad asymmetric in that the door was slightly towards one side.

I did notice that, but I in the end I went with mirroring the structure, so that I could use a perfect symmetry for most of the large texture.

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
It had a bricks texture on the sides and only the roof as remap.

The in game one? probably, the FMV war factory did not. The roof material continued down the sides. There was rectangular holes, which allowed you to see to what was probably the brick area you speak of.

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
The windows look more like some smooth concrete, not a transparent reflective material.

There is no transparent reflective material in C&C3. Transparency can only use the diffuse texture.
The reflection is using C&C3's in-game environment map, which can provide varying results, I need to refine the glass texture more, I am not happy with it.

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
I assume you have to make it that high to have the vehicles fit inside?

Yes, that is right.
Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:

In DTA i made the windows a transparent activeanim, so you can see the new build unit inside the factory. Couldn't you do this here as well?

If I use the shader for transparency in C&C3 I would have no specular or reflectivity (environment map) at all.

I do not have as big a problem with simple as some do I guess. I must admit that as I model I am thinking of what work I am setting up for myself at later points in terms of unwrapping, texturing, animating etc. Some structure deserve some complication, others, keep it simple.

Thanks for your comment, I will take it into consideration.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

just checked again, you're right, the side has no bricks texture but remap as well. whoops.
well, hard to tell from the tiny ingame size and they way the RA1 factory was facing almost directly towards the camera
comparison gif

though i think yours could have the roof go a little beyond the wall. Like adding a roof gutter. The roof/wall transition looks a bit too artificial/boxy on your model.

Public SHPs

Tools

Madin
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I agree.

In the end I could really use someone with an eye for these things at the planning stage, because these are things that I do not think off.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

oh, the back side is almost better detailed than the front. nice work there on details that you could never see before.

Public SHPs

Tools

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There's always the option of getting inspired by RA: A path beyond.
The guys there had to be creative too Smile

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon