Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:16 am
All times are UTC + 0
PPM Plays TSTW on XWIS in this weekend (12 & 13/02/2005)
Moderators: The DvD
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 5:00 am    Post subject:  PPM Plays TSTW on XWIS in this weekend (12 & 13/02/2005) Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

After some weekends without any activity on XWIS, we are inviting you again to XWIS. This time we are playing the newest Tiberian Sun: Total War 1.1. It will be a good oportunity to know better the mod and challenge other human players for a match or for a cooperative game against the evil and brutal computer that is the greatest challenge of this mod. Here's the details of this event:

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Saturday, February 12th, 2005
and
Sunday, February 13th, 2005
Starts at 8:00PM GMT (check your timezone HERE) and it has no time to end.
XWIS IP: 195.13.63.187
GDI Barracks
Requires Tiberian Sun: Total War 1.1 (doesn't require Firestorm).

- More info on how to use XWIS, check HERE.
- We heavly recommend that you download the Open Map Competition 1 & 2 Map Pack to expand the mapping options.

Very Important: Make sure your username starting with TD, TW or PPM when you get into XWIS, so we can recognize those who are playing TSTW, because there might be several people online playing the original game. I.e.: My nickname there will be TDBanshee (the one I use since RotD).

Invite your friends and spread the word, so there will be a lot of people there. We already had several PPM Plays something in XWIS and they are very fun events. I also need to remind that mod games doesn't count in the tournament, so your name won't be ruined Laughing. I hope to meet you there. Enjoy it!

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Also, I'd like to ask that, after playing the games, you could post the stories of the battles that you had and screenshots here Smile.

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry for the triple post, but since no one posted their online experience, I'll post mine, from saturday.

Game 1) I was playing with Alkov and Triforce against one brutal AI in the TSTW Damned map.

Triforce was in the north. Alkov was in the east of AI. I was in the south.

The brutal AI harvesters were harvesting close to Alkov's base and Alkov's units started to attack them. So, AI's first target was Alkov. I was booming in the moment. Triforce concentrated himself on building defenses and Alkov was desesperatelly struggling to survive. As soon as I started building units, I sent some units (and so did Tri) to help Alkov. I also helped him with air units. When Alkov's forces were done, my units arrived and eliminated the threat there. Alkov's base became too calm... there was one or two threats at my base, however, when I looked at Triforce's base, he was doomed. I tried to help with aircraft and I also tried to sent a new pack of units to help him, but they arrived too late and my air didn't help much. When Triforce's army was defeated, we've got a recon error.

Game 2) Alkov, Dawkeb, Triforce and I vs 2 brutal AIs in Casey's Cannon (TSTW has no descent new 6 or 8 players map).

I started on south west, Alkov on north west, Triforce on south east and Dawk on north east.

AI surprised Alkov with a big group of weak infantry and destroyed some of his buildings. He took his MCV, sold the rest of his buildings and started moving everything to my base with the remaining AI infantry hunting him. Then, he finally used some of his remaining light infantry to kill the enemy infantry, but the enemy was also sending a group of disruptors with mlrs. I was using Jumpjets to kill this group when an Ion Storm happened. The game gave me a big crash and my xwis username went into zombie mode. I mean, it was online, but no one was using it and I couldnt log with it...

Game 3) Free for all between Ruud, Pepzi and I in Terrace map. Pepzi had problems with Firewall and computer took his place. Ruud went tech and I've spent my cash on economy. It didn't took much time to find out carryalls bringing disruptors to finish my CY. But since this is TSTW and not the original game, the trick didn't work and my infantry with Titans wiped his attempt. (Note that I already had a MCV in the reserve in that moment). Laterly, he attempted the same trick with refineries and he took one or two, but I had four and I remade them. Then, when I improved my anti-air defense, he started bombing me with bombers and there was no serious damage again. After some scouting, I noticed that his refinery lacked air defense (and consequently, the rest of his base too). I sent my jumpjet group to get his refinery in the center of the map and he started to build anti-air defenses there. And after some other groups of jumpjets, I definitelly took out his factories and he resigned. However, the AI was still alive... I kept in the game to finish them, however, Ruud convinced me that it was worthless fighting AI.

Game 4) Free for all between MyTrust, Ruud, Dawk, Clazzy* and I. Tiberium Garden Redux, I think. Ruud owned Dawk in the beggining. And also owned MyTrust with Clazzy*'s help... I fighted against Clazzy* and I took his key structures, however, he also took mine and he had to leave. In the end, the battle was between Ruud and I. Ruud won easily, since I was pretty fucked up. For the sake of fun, I even used my units to do some damage  on his base. I destroyed the expansion of his base, but my units were wiped. End of game.

Who else played? Tell your stories and post screenshots, if you have!

* clazz2k

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon