Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:54 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Allied poko light tank
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, OpenRA Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [28 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Liek ZOMG X 2
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:11 pm    Post subject:  Allied poko light tank Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

HERE IT IS

pics.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  56.82 KB
 Viewed:  10549 Time(s)

pics.PNG

HI.ZIP
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  HI.ZIP
 Filesize:  66.55 KB
 Downloaded:  499 Time(s)

christophski the great
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

looks cool, bit weird but cool, it's a good design.

General Drippik
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow a square tank!It is nice though

Liek ZOMG X 2
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thanks fast reply

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

christophski the great wrote:
looks cool, bit weird but cool, it's a good design.

same

Liek ZOMG X 2
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

General Drippik wrote:
Wow a square tank!It is nice though
Wtf?

@ gufu b4 critzing my work make some of ur work

Mike
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Kind of squared and plain.... I don't like it very much to be honest :/

Liek ZOMG X 2
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MyTrust wrote:
Kind of squared and plain.... I don't like it very much to be honest :/
w/e

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good Design. but the texture blows. its bland,and boring. sorry man...just not impressive...

Beowulf
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's just too boxy, the turret looks too far forward, the white should be a dark grey or dark remap and it needs a more interesting base. It looks like you took the Tesla Tank base, shortened it a bit and it looks as though you took the design of the Scorpion Tank from Generals and raped it.

Overall: not good. Do some details work and it should improve.

Also, don't just give me a 'w/e.' Acting like a n00b will not improve your skills and I'm tired of your "I'm a god and your opinions don't matter" attitude.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account AIM Address
General Drippik
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

IMO.Change the colours and darken it.It does look like a tesla tank with a scorpian tank barrel though.You may want to rounden it a little bit but you want to make it a bit more interesting,add a missile launcher or anntenne or something.

Ackron
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the design is good but the texture is aweful and it could use a less square barrel

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the barrel should be black,like every other voxel,though,ironicly,every tank IRL has a camoflaged barrel... Confused

silencedsonix
Medic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Reminds me of the ISU-152... just without the texture, that is. Try using the texture util from VXLSE III to apply something basic. The design looks promising, it is just going to need some more TLC from yourself

Beowulf
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Now that I look at it again, the current position of the turret gives it the feeling that it'd tip forward when going downhill.

Quote:
Err a tela tank wtf ru talking bout i made that from scratch scorpan wtf again.

It's just what I see. If you study the designs of both vehicles, you MIGHT see where I'm coming from. Since that's unlikely, you'll continue your fruitless attempts to make something worth using. Besides, we need in-game shots. Viewer shots mean nothing.

Quote:
Could a moderator please prune this topic and get rid of the spam posts?

I second that notion.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account AIM Address
Ackron
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

it does look slightly like the tesla tank base but it isnt you can tell.

P.S. why  does fenring always have such lovely avatars?

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ackron the mighty wrote:
P.S. why  does fenring always have such lovely avatars?

I was wondering that myself.

Fenring wrote:
Quote:
Could a moderator please prune this topic and get rid of the spam posts?

I second that notion.

As do I.

"Banned" RP here

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Fenring wrote:
Besides, we need in-game shots. Viewer shots mean nothing.

that's what I think, too.

Only in-game shots can really tell how good (or bad) the quality of the normals, texture and size is.

Stingerr
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sweet tank but it doesn't resemble power. Looks like I could take it on with a humvee #Tongue. Anyway maybe more details, Like a monkeyhead from the hatch #Tongue. Poko the monkey... or was it pogo?  Razz

Liek ZOMG X 2
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

err no

Ackron
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

looks like a jug of water could destroy it

Liek ZOMG X 2
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lol

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Stingerr wrote:
Sweet tank but it doesn't resemble power. Looks like I could take it on with a humvee

yeah. a .50 Cal. Hum-vee. Just keep moving, though. I wouldn't want to be a a Humvee hit with a M1A1 shell.

Reminds me of a WWII German tank. I just can't think of what it is.

"Banned" RP here

Last edited by Tyler Adams on Sun Mar 13, 2005 2:32 am; edited 1 time in total

shadowfx78
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Panzer or Tiger maybe and yeah it does look like a WWII tank

Major_Gilbear
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

At a push, it is reminiscent of the Russian SU-85 tank destoyer - the hulls are very similar, and both have a boxy structure mounted at the front of the tank.

Either way, it is a *very* bland-looking tank. Some detail on the upper hull, wheels and turret would be good. Also, add a proper mantle and maybe a muzzle-break too?

The barrel colour is fine IMO - in most Allied RA2 units, the barrel is merely a darker colour of the unit's base colour (eg, Grizzly, Mirage). Only Soviets use a dark grey barrel (Rhino, Acpocalypse).

Russian SU-85-1943 Model.gif
 Description:
This is the Russian SU-85 that I made for DDay. It is in perfect scale, and has lots of detail that might inspire you.
 Filesize:  42.58 KB
 Viewed:  10260 Time(s)

Russian SU-85-1943 Model.gif

W/P
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

*drool*

ENGLAND 2006!!! HAWAY THE LADS!!!

pizza!!
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok sweet tankg

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thats cool!
(poko tank is ok and cool too)...

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [28 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!