Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:23 am
All times are UTC + 0
Tank Killer (Heavy Tank Destroyer) [RA2]
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, OpenRA Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:20 pm    Post subject:  Tank Killer (Heavy Tank Destroyer) [RA2] Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is mine first tank voxel in here.
I made this about four hours, so comments please Smile
(only in game sshots...)

diebastards.jpg
 Description:
Hey! don't destroy my tanks!!!
 Filesize:  86.22 KB
 Viewed:  7510 Time(s)

diebastards.jpg

tkillers.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  73.34 KB
 Viewed:  7510 Time(s)

tkillers.jpg

TKiller.zip
 Description:
HVA and Cameo included (cameo is fast
maded because me sucks(not good in
cameos...))

Download
 Filename:  TKiller.zip
 Filesize:  21.95 KB
 Downloaded:  534 Time(s)

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's a tank destroy with 2 barrels. what's so amazing about that?

"Banned" RP here

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's heavier and spend four hours to making that!! (i already said that). Must be a some kind of name for that!
So good comments allowed only... Sad

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

damn! my computer logged me out automaticully... this   computer sucks!!

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

eh, it's pretty good.. I guess... also, learn to use VXLSE III... It has tools that speed up things... alot...

"Banned" RP here

Major_Gilbear
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

...You mirrored the WW voxel and added some autonormals; that took you four hours?!?! Damn you're slow  Sad .

If you look on pages 7, 9 and 10 of YR ARgentina of the voxel ground units you'll see that this sorta modification has been done before. Many times before. The best work of this sort is still Sleipnir's, as his at least all had WW quality normals - Sleip's can be found at his site.

silencedsonix
Medic

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I guess we can assume that he is still on his learning curve, people - give the man time. We all started out as n00bs *tries thinking back that far, but cannot*

Liek ZOMG X 2
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

silencedsonix wrote:
I guess we can assume that he is still on his learning curve, people - give the man time. We all started out as n00bs *tries thinking back that far, but cannot*
first u mean newbs not noobs.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here, (and in almost all C&C community forums) the word "n00bie" and the word "newbie" have different meanings:

- Newbie is someone who is starting to mod and willing to learn. These people are welcomed everywhere.

- N00bie is a wannabe modder who has a terrible behaviour, harass other members, specially those with doubts, etc... These people are not welcomed anywhere.

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

silencedsonix
Medic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My bad. Came from a different board, where they use n00b indiscriminately. In this context, I guess that becomes newb.

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

At least there are no faults. Good job for a first try, but it has been done many times before. If possible, try and hand-draw normals or copy them off something else. You'll get a far better result in the end, albeit a time-consuming one.

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Major_Gilbear wrote:
...You mirrored the WW voxel and added some autonormals; that took you four hours?!?! Damn you're slow  Sad .

I'm not slow Crying or Very sad , my computer is (that old piece o' shit!)

Major_Gilbear wrote:
If you look on pages 7, 9 and 10 of YR ARgentina of the voxel ground units you'll see that this sorta modification has been done before. Many times before. The best work of this sort is still Sleipnir's, as his at least all had WW quality normals - Sleip's can be found at his site.

Oh! I didn't know about that page (it have many good voxels)
Thanks for telling...

Tyler Adams wrote:
eh, it's pretty good.. I guess... also, learn to use VXLSE III... It has tools that speed up things... alot...

I know some, but they won't speed up things in my computer Laughing .

Thanks for good comments.....!!!!

PS: I will stop making voxels to RA2, because i deleted it... (the game...)

Major_Gilbear
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If you're having trouble with VxlSE3 being slow on your PC, try turning off the 3-d preview window (under the "Options" tab I think). I find that large voxels opened in that editor are unreasonably sluggish to edit on my PC, and that switching off the 3-d view speeds things up a lot.

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll try... ghee thanks Smile

More tips?

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh just remembed... THE 3D VIEW DOESN'T WORK!!

Thanks anyway....

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!