Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:20 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Beta-testers wanted
Moderators: Community Tools Developpers
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [39 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
John Galt
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 11:52 am    Post subject:  Beta-testers wanted Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, I'm looking for some beta-testers for my tools.

INI Checker is beta-tested by Kravvitz, and is nearing completion, so I don't think it's necessary for another tester, but if anybody wants to do it, I don't mind. And the AI editor doesn't have any testers... so reply here if you want to do it Smile

All beta-testers will be included in the credits. Naturally, not all features work, but if they were, this wouldn't be called beta-testing Very Happy

SeaMan
Man of the Sea

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'd like to test it.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Sk8erkid
INSANE

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i'd love to try it out, for mine and your benefit Wink

iceman559
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ILL DO AI EDITOR! I REALLY NEED IT ANYWAY! even if it is beta, i really need someone or something to help me code AI

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account AIM Address
John Galt
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank you all for your interest Wink

Edit: attachment removed, new version available below.

Last edited by John Galt on Sun Oct 05, 2003 8:07 am; edited 2 times in total

SeaMan
Man of the Sea

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It would be good thing if you added a random Hex value generator to it.
Could it possible you also to add support for Tiberian Sun? The code is quite similar, though there is also some differences.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
John Galt
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, I used DZ's info on scripttypes, and he didn't make a TS version. I think the TS research (or tutorials, I can't remember) in these forums has the info. So I'll try to do it.
P.S. How should I make it switch between RA2 and TS ?

T34 Sam
Civilian

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think this is a very cool thing u have here Nobody and i think lodsa ppl wud use it, gr8 job Wink Id love 2 test these programs to see how they function - right good work

Mike
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

why did westwood use hex numbers for their ai anyway?

Tratos
General

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So they could colour co-ordinate them.

SeaMan
Man of the Sea

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Noooo.... that's not it.

iceman559
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

would u be able to get that in like .zip or .exe or something, cause i dont have anything that can open .rar, or just tell me where i can dl a free program that will open .rar files, thx

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account AIM Address
Kravvitz
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yes you should add a switch so you can change between RA2 and TS modes.

iceman559 wrote:
would u be able to get that in like .zip or .exe or something, cause i dont have anything that can open .rar, or just tell me where i can dl a free program that will open .rar files, thx

http://www.rarsoft.com/index.htm

rar uses better a compression algorithm then zip does.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
iceman559
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ok, i know that, its just i didnt have anything to open it with

iceman559
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

anyone test it yet, cause i just opened it and opened my AI in it and it says on like Allied Base guard - adv that the Name is Allied and Owner is guard, now im no AI expert, but isnt the Name: guard and Owner: Allied?

John Galt
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Erm... did you read all of my post which had the tool attached?
Nobody wrote:
Note that in TriggerTypes list, spaces are not allowed. I'm trying to fix it, but no luck so far Sorry :/

I'm working on it right now... Right now, you need to replace spaces in the names with, say, underscores.

iceman559
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well like i said, im not an expert, i didnt know that was a triggertype

John Galt
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AI Editor update:
Well, I fixed (kinda) the no-spaces-allowed bug, now it automatically replaces spaces with underscores, thus allowing the parser to work correctly. Note that the TriggerType name saved into the file is taken from the TriggerType Options table, so if you MUST have spaces, you can put them into the Name field manually... This workaround will have to do for now.
And I added TS support (not much to change, they only added 'Eaten' Mission type into Scripts and UseTransportOrigin to Teams...).

Last edited by John Galt on Sun Oct 05, 2003 8:49 am; edited 1 time in total

Mike
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SeaMan wrote:
Noooo.... that's not it.

what is it then

SeaMan
Man of the Sea

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

More suggestions:

Change "Use in Brutal" to "Use in Hard"

For TS mode, following things are not supported:
Garrison Structure
Occupy Battle Bunker
Enter Bio Reactor
Occupy Tank Bunker
Enter Grinder
Spy on Structure waypoint
Play sound from EVA.ini (should be Play speech instead)
Iron Curtain/Chrono related scripts

fsdata.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  fsdata.zip
 Filesize:  9.25 KB
 Downloaded:  274 Time(s)

John Galt
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank you all for your interest. Sadly, living in a seriously different timezone scrambles any real-time conversations... ;(
Anyway, as I'm currently making the 'credits' section in AI Editor, I'd like to know who downloaded it, so I can add your names to the beta-testers list in there.

P.S. SeaMan: Thanks, I've fixed those script actions now.

iceman559
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well, we didnt really beta test it yet, but i think a lot of us dled it so far, i know i have

awrethien
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Kravvitz wrote:
yes you should add a switch so you can change between RA2 and TS modes.

iceman559 wrote:

http://www.rarsoft.com/index.htm

rar uses better a compression algorithm then zip does.

I have a question about this program. How long is the trial perioud, and what hapones if you go over it?

John Galt
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think it's 40 days... And it just shows the popup "Please register" until you do... But that doesn't disable the functions, so no big problem Wink

iceman559
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

in other words, its like winzip, it just shows u how far after it u are and asks u to register

Psycho
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

iceman559 wrote:

Download WinRAR 3.0 here. WinRar has support for *.rar *.lzh *.ace etc archives which r not supported at WinZip

Download tip : Right click on the link, select "Save target as ..." option to download the file.

John Galt
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here's an updated AI Editor. Hopefully, the last (before I can get hosted). Minor errors fixed, now uses -G suffix (global) all the time, and it doesn't crash Increase ID's. Now all that's left is to setup a Support Team (need ideas, see sticky thread) and I'm done Cool
About generating random numbers... I personally use ths scheme:
TaskForces - 1000XYYY
ScriptTypes - 2000XYYY
TeamTypes - 3000XYYY
TriggerTypes - 4000XYYY
Where X represents the side (0-common, 1-allied, 2-sov, 3-yuri), and YYY is a number from 000 to 999. That's easy to make using Increase ID's. I think that many triggers should be enough for anybody Very Happy Nevertheless, I might give that generator a try.
Edit: removed attachment, newer version available.

Last edited by John Galt on Sun Oct 05, 2003 12:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

Kravvitz
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

maybe it would be safer to allow 0000 through 9999.

how much trouble woult it be to change that?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
John Galt
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I said that I personally use this scheme, so I don't need the hex generator Smile Anybody can use their desired scheme, Increase ID's only adds 1 to the current ID, it doesn't use this (or any other) scheme Smile
Also, I was wondering... I see that maps state "GlobalAITriggers" and list them... so if my triggers aren't lsited in the map, will they still be used?

SeaMan
Man of the Sea

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

See DeeZire's guide.

DeeZire wrote:

[AITriggerTypesEnable]

TIP: by default, all global AITriggerTypes are enabled (i.e. set to 'yes') so you do not need to include this section (thus increase map file size) if you are simply going to set them all to 'yes' (meaning the AI will simply use all available triggers from AI.INI). Similarly, if you plan on setting them all to 'no' (effectively telling the computer armies to ignore AI.INI) then there is no need to include this section either - simply set IgnoreGlobalAITriggers=yes in the [Basic] section instead. See the AI.INI Guide for more details of the AI and AITriggerTypes.

John Galt
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks again, SeaMan.

Lots of people asked me how do you add new stuff into AI Editor. Well, the answer is ... just change the 4 values in the textboxes. Then edit the stuff itself and save it. All four frames are automatically linked to each other.

devin11590
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You should have an easier 'add' interface on the AI editor, and where's the INI fixer you promised?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
John Galt
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 4:45 am    Post subject: SeaMan, look at this post! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Fixer? I was talking about checker, which checks your INIs for flaws and stuff, it doesn't fix anything, it just gives you a list of errors...
And don't rush me, I'm working on it Smile
EDIT: Renegade kindly allowed to me to host it on his server, so here's the link.
Note that it's _still_ a beta, so the interface is subject to change... the checking engine, however, is pretty much finished. And I'm improving it as we speak. Sorry for any inconvenience...

premier89
Civilian

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I couldn't get the AI editor to extract correctly, however, the INI checker works just fine. Great stuff!

Edit: I found a working version of AI editor; I'm drooling on my keyboard. Razz Too awesome.

-George Orwell

John Galt
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm glad you found it helpful Smile

John Galt
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I released a new version ... Link changed! Get it here. I think all bugs are fixed... Enjoy!
Note: last version did have some bugs... I really advise you to update to this version.
Changes:
- 'New Action' button added. However, all it does is call 'Increase IDs' button, which in turn adds 1(or ID delta, if set) to all currently open ID numbers... So, it works properly only wih numeric values.
- 'Decrease IDs' added. Function - obvious Very Happy
- 'Set ID delta' added. Function - if set, incr/decr IDs take it's value instead of 1.
- Support TeamType added.

Planned changes:
- change ID textboxes into drop-down lists, so you can select existing components instead of creating new ones all the time.
- add a readme Very Happy
- get incr/decr IDs to work with non-numeric values.
- ... <your suggestions here>

So, i'm calling this version Release Candidate 2. If no bugs are found in a week, I'll declare it to be the Final version Smile

#The fREaK!
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have just checked the TS#TF!E rules.ini and art.ini files using INI Checker. I think it is quite nice, and with some improvements, it would be an awesome modding tool. I have some ideas of new features:

1. A feature that made things reported missing in a list possible to add after checking. You could for example add a checkbox with the option "add missing values to lists" on the result window that, when checked, makes a confirm box come up when you close the result window. If confirmed, INI Checker would then add the missing list entries...

2. If it supported loading multiple .ini files of the same category, so that I could check firestorm or yuris revenge inis without getting errors of missing stuff that are inside the ts or ra2 ini files.
Instead of a Rules file that can be added, you could have something like:

Primary
-----------------------------
Rules | Art | Sound |
Secondary
Rules | Art | Sound |

Where you in TS would load rules.ini into Primary: Rules and firestrm.ini into Secondary: Rules.

3. Specific checking for TS and RA2. You could either make INI Checker detect wich game the file is for or add a swithing option somewhere in the GUI.

Thats all I can think of right now...

John Galt
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't understand you exactly... it checks [***Types] for entries, which are not defined later, like if you put [InfantryTypes] 99=DUMMY , but don't have a [DUMMY] section, it'll complain about missing section. Reverse is impossible, b/c then it'd have to look for category-specific tags, which'll slow it down a lot.
And if it makes a section which is complained to be "missing", then you'd get a blank section with only a name and no entries whatsoever (unless I tell it to clone an existing section of your choice).
Secondary set... sounds doable, but not right now, as you all know, I'm leaving on Friday. When I return, I'll try it.

colin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:23 pm    Post subject: beta testing Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i have been playing the command and conquer series for sometime now i am familiar with ts and firestorm but errrr i did not finish the last mission cos i was cheating a bit (ahem)  if u can i,d like to test it
pls contact me via e-mail@ colinmeason@hotmail.com thnx

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [39 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum