Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:32 pm
All times are UTC + 0
might remove yuri...
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [17 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
MMk4C01
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:44 pm    Post subject:  might remove yuri... Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hes not realy a factor in my mod...and it would alow a much beeter game play..
sw's can be reused or manipulated into other sw's

i want to move germany from "gdi" to "thirdside"-i think i can do this since i am not makeing a new country im just changing its "loyalty"
so yuircountry and germany are there..this will help with the 2 sides rse and rsr...information on them is classified for now but u will like tham and wont
manipulate the game as bad as yuri and his psy crap did to ra2
although i think the soviet could use thier yuri's back only name then psi operatives or somehting...

another thing is that this will opepn up some units slots so we don't run into the 100 unit bug bad..there is a bit of room now but i would like to be able to put more stuff if i can, ill keep some of the yuri stuff around for missions and maps since the psycik war has just happened when this mod takes place

yuri realy doesn't serve a perpose in my mod im was just keeping him around for multiplay but ...i do not think its needed..if so..it could always be shoved some place in a mp mode

what do u think?
this will be my course of action...

Mammoth Mk.4 Commando #01
Leader of the C&C Memories Mod
"Wake up and smell the tiberium!!!"
Westwood Lives in Death!!!
Chico,California - Detonating a nuclear device within the city limits results in a $500 fine.

Liek ZOMG X 2
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I really dont like yuri anway,so ya u can remove him

MMk4C01
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Laughing thats how alot of ppl feel i think

Chico,California - Detonating a nuclear device within the city limits results in a $500 fine.

Liek ZOMG X 2
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yup

btw I emailed u again Smile

General Drippik
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yuri is a bore

MMk4C01
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@ cabal: roger

@ drippik: yep

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm agreeing with kickin him outta it.

I PMed you, too, check your PM box...

"Banned" RP here

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As for the 100 unit bug, you'd better think twice... There is a community patch being worked on that can remove that bug. If they succeed, you might regret your decision. I really hope pd fixes it up.

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Why dont you just remove all from RA2/TS? keep it Old-School C&C. #Tongue

MMk4C01
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i realy don't plan to use yuri..but everything is stillthere just ;;;out
so if i even think i need anyhting its there for my disposal plus theres some stuff in yuri units i want to salvage for other stuff..like geting the stupid visceroids to work again...

i did keep some units and infantry as reminent troops stiff lying around...asl o i plan to have abandoned ra1 bases form the ra1 war when i have european countries..sort of the same thing only yuri junk is al over the place

jujsut have td?
no way thats not my objective..alough ill have a multi play mode just for td or ts etc..

Elerium-155
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What about keeping Yuri only getting rid of some junk?

Mainly people say Yuri is imbalanced becuase his ability to destroy rhino spam and numbers thrown at him. This isn't strategy (throwing stuff at him), such as when your vs people, they all send in Rhino after Rhino, and when they see that it isn't working once he's got the advantage, they click in "Oh yeah must use Terror Drones". By then its too late. Yuri can be beatable, but the only units I have objections to is the Magnetron and the Boomer.

Magnetron picks up anything and drops it on land.. juggles units, instant kill if a unit lands on another, its annoying. So, what you should do is:

a) give it a tesla coil long charge up, so it takes a while for the thing to work

b) give it the speed of a v3 launcher.

c) you could make it so that it works worser against tanks i.e. get close to juggle.

but then you have to give it a good advantage, i'd say the Magnetron was a supposed to be seige weapon, but the designerss went crazy with it and made it into a Siege/Super unit. Lets keep it to its design and make it so that the range against buildings is slightly increased.

With Boomers, make a sort of Yuri water unit that comes in its place after radar and make it so the Boomers come after Lab.

You can also make Disc making slower (or, take them out completely and replace with another air unit, like Yuri Laser Harriers for a suggestion), and you should find out that Yuri is easier to beat and is balanced nicley Cool If you do get rid of discs though, you have to give Yuri a big tank better than a Lasher or give a Mastermind the armour of a BF, or a Chaos Tank becuase once the enemy has BFs, Mirages and Prisms, you arent going to have Discs anymore, and you can pretty much end up screwed Laughing

So, hope I helped there Smile

MMk4C01
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

intresting thoughts..but i just plain don't like yuri...

plus the mod is dead....just let it die....

Liek ZOMG X 2
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

nooooooooooo it cant die  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad

MMk4C01
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sad i don't like it either...but noone wants to work..includeing meh...
i did restart it..for the what 8th time now??
with colledge and everything else in my life i realy can't do it..i have the time i just don't want to put it to that... Sad

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Look, this doesn't happen only with your mod, MMk4c01, however, we haven't to give up of everything that has been done so far because person x or person y is lazy to work. There is always a way to get inspiration to continue something cool. Why don't you post screenshots of what you have implemented so far?

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

MMk4C01
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i know...
also listen...
this mod has been my dream since i ever saw a c&c...i planned most of it before i had a compy...

alot has changed since then..3 years of work yeah..but its not much...
i have fought ppl my way here and i have proven everyone wrong that told meh this was impossible...
i couldn't have done it without my team and im thank full..

i just can't do this...
the mod is messed up so its not worth passing it on to anyone...
im quiting it.. im sorry...

wes
Civilian

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

wazz up

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [17 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon