Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:10 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Bereg [TS]
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, OpenRA Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [19 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
radar92
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 2:21 am    Post subject:  Bereg [TS] Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well I add some camo to it and took it for a test drive the normals could be tweaked but its point less.  The voxel has Z issues as you can see from the screenies.  Oh well win some lose some.

32tnk001.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  51.16 KB
 Viewed:  5474 Time(s)

32tnk001.jpg

32tnk000.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  55.84 KB
 Viewed:  5474 Time(s)

32tnk000.jpg

32tnk.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  32tnk.zip
 Filesize:  15.55 KB
 Downloaded:  340 Time(s)

Nuclear General
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

is that supposed to be an Artillary?? Im just asking becuz it looks wierd.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
radar92
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mod_Making_Maniac_2005 wrote:

Yep a 130mm coastal defence mobile gun system,  it is compressed in lenght.  The actual one would be much longer.  When I googled it the command version of it is even longer.

Nuclear General
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

radar92 wrote:
Mod_Making_Maniac_2005 wrote:

Yep a 130mm coastal defence mobile gun system,  it is compressed in lenght.  The actual one would be much longer.  When I googled it the command version of it is even longer.

Whoa Sweet. Nice Job. Good Luck on some more. Laterz.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Jah
Commander

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sweetness. Almost like the real one....

Havoc
Commander

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sweet and too big... Look at it, it's bigger than the Hand of Nod.

Nuclear General
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Havoc wrote:
Sweet and too big... Look at it, it's bigger than the Hand of Nod.

If scaled to the right size, if would be 4 times as big as everything else in the game. He scaled it down some. Laterz

Havoc
Commander

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I donno. I still consider it a ra2 voxel.

Jah
Commander

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Its meant to be big. Btw light infantry is bigger than the cockpit, Havoc. How would you explain it? And why the ztype do most of modders like the WW wrong proportions?

christophski the great
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sweet, could be even better if it deployed then fired.

Havoc
Commander

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Jah wrote:
Its meant to be big. Btw light infantry is bigger than the cockpit, Havoc. How would you explain it? And why the ztype do most of modders like the WW wrong proportions?
Well yes the infantries are bigger, they are bigger than some of the buildings, like the Tech Center...

Jah
Commander

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And you like it???

Havoc
Commander

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Not really. Oh wtf! I agree with all of you.

k.rar
Civilian

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cool!

can you plz post the art.ini code?? im not good with offsets..

radar92
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

k.rar wrote:
cool!

can you plz post the art.ini code?? im not good with offsets..

There are no art codes save the standard entries.  The turret and gun are done though HVA Builder.  I was doing a test which led to me finding out that there were Z issues.  It stinks cause theres another arty peice I would like to do but it will suffer the same issues.

Major_Gilbear
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Actually, you need to sort out the header sections in your voxels; that it why they appear offset in the selection box.
Also, whilst the new HVA builder is good for anims, I still the old one is better for unanimated voxels.

I've attached a fixed version of your voxel below, but to get it looking right ingame you will need to use an appropriate "TurretOffset=nn" value in the Art ini files. I leave that up to you to sort out, it isn't very hard to do.

32tnk.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  32tnk.zip
 Filesize:  15.46 KB
 Downloaded:  361 Time(s)

radar92
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well thats  all fine and good but it dosn't address the turret showing though the voxel, which is why I stopped working on it.

Major_Gilbear
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That is because the corners of the turret interfere with the vehicle in front of them. If that voxel was a real unit, the turret would be prevented form complete rotation; since no such limit can be applied to the voxels, the turret goes through the body instead.

If you increase the distance between the turret and the truck slightly, you will find that the turret doesn't go through the vehicle. To increase the gap a little, you can either adjust the voxel directly, or you can try setting the turret a little further back with the "TurretOffset=nn" as I said earlier.

radar92
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

if you look at 32tnk001.jpg  second unit down, the truck is driving east to west at 45 deg, the turret is in line with the body.  The turret is higher on the Z order so it is on top of the body, sure I could move the turret back, but it would have to far back, till the bottom of the turret passes the top of the middle compartment,.  I have to wait till I get to work but I expect the space need would be to great as I want it to have the same feel as the real one

Here, I added a rather sucky picture, basicly the turret is to far back, but this would be the only way to avoid over lap on certain angles.

32tnk_000.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  16.18 KB
 Viewed:  5316 Time(s)

32tnk_000.jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [19 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!